Drink Life In - Anyone trying Zija to shed some pounds?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    well, clearly you are just worried about money. This is not about that. Yes, it costs money, but first look into what the Moriinga tree is and the history of it. Thankfully somebody figured out how to help millions of people with all parts of the tree being used and put into a form that works. Of course eating less helps you lose weight. Losing weight isn't really the main thing here, it is simply one of the side effects or benefits as I look at. Read and learn before you speak

Spamming/advertising is against the rules.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Read and learn before you speak

Did you even read the forum rules?

Also, I never drank any tea and I've literally lost more than half of my starting weight.

50+%.

Yeah, not a misnomer. Not due to some stupid tree or any tea that you might make from it. It isn't a miracle. There are no products that give results like that. Getting off of your own *kitten* and changing your life does wonders, though... and it's free.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    never mind...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,693 Member
    Options
    well, clearly you are just worried about money. This is not about that. Yes, it costs money, but first look into what the Moriinga tree is and the history of it. Thankfully somebody figured out how to help millions of people with all parts of the tree being used and put into a form that works. Of course eating less helps you lose weight. Losing weight isn't really the main thing here, it is simply one of the side effects or benefits as I look at. Read and learn before you speak
    You know how many products out there promise people great health and weight loss? Read actual peer review clinical study on it and it's not conclusive. It needs more research. Don't you think that if it really worked that a drug company would patent a formula for it because it would make millions for them?
    You fell for the sales pitch. It happens to the best of us.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mtbchk
    mtbchk Posts: 22
    Options
    I had a coworker who sold Zija, so I did a bit of research...

Can any of you Zija folks tell me just HOW MUCH of the formulation is actually moringa vs. "other stuff"? The distributors tout all of this research and "bioavailablilty" and the "MIRACLE" of moringa, but nowhere could I find exactly HOW MUCH is in there? 5 mg? 50 mg? 500 mg?

Or is is a bunch of green tea, Trimethyglycine and caffeine with some moringa thrown in for good measure?
  • britttaylor27
    Options
    A few weeks ago, my friend and co-worker (who works at a supplement store) recommended this zija product to help me stay healthy and motivated during the winter. First of all, I understand all the skeptics in regards to pyramid schemes. I don't usually buy products from sales reps and I'm not selling / advertising for this product, but recently I realized that I just needed to keep an open mind, so I gave the supermix a try..

Secondly, I wasn't looking for some short cut to lose weight or a super pill that would give me energy. The only thing I wanted was an all natural and organic supplement to help me prevent my muscles from becoming sore after a work-out and feeling fatigue while I was trying to work later. Well I haven't been drinking the mix regularly, but I have noticed positive changes in my general health that no other supplement has provided so quickly (and you can trust that I've tried everything and more, including multi vitamins, protein powders, bcaa's, 5-htp, green tea extracts and obviously caffeine) On Thursday, I was working a 9 hour serving shift and during my break I felt like I wasn't going to make it to the end of the night without help. But, instead of drinking a cup of coffee, I added the mix to my regular bottle of water and 10 minutes later I felt better. I wasn't shaky anymore and at the end of my shift my feet didn't hurt like they usually did, which is why I believe this "swamp water" has proven there are positive health benefits. (But there is also a possibility that they might not be for everyone.)

So finally, I woke up this morning and decided to support others who have also chosen to try it. I've seen so many people try to slam people for trying an alternative to health (especially within the supplement industry), but enough is enough.. To those of you with a negative opinion that isn't science based, you can stop trying to bash everything that doesn't fit in to your "exercise and a well-balanced diet are key to success" lifestyle.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    To those of you with a negative opinion that isn't science based, you can stop trying to bash everything that doesn't fit in to your "exercise and a well-balanced diet are key to success" lifestyle.
    Would that mean acknowledging a science base opinion is correct then?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • britttaylor27
    Options
    My belief is that each person has a right to supplement with a product, to make up for lost nutrition, without being put to shame because they haven't stuck to the traditional method of living. (Especially if they don't have enough time in the day to prepare, pack, and then later cook 3 healthy meals) So what has been acknowledged that is incorrect?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    My belief is that each person has a right to supplement with a product, to make up for lost nutrition, without being put to shame because they haven't stuck to the traditional method of living. (Especially if they don't have enough time in the day to prepare, pack, and then later cook 3 healthy meals) So what has been acknowledged that is incorrect?
    Let's go with the above. No time to prepare or cook. THIS is part of the reason why they probably got overweight in the first place. How does taking supplements change this? It's not about shame, it's dealing with the actual issue of what caused the weight gain in the first place.
    One can attend to a symptom with a pill, but that doesn't solve the original problem. If one have pain in their shoulder, took a pill and relieved it, but had to continue with pills the to keep pain at bay, then it's just addressing a symptom. Wouldn't it make more sense to diagnose the cause of the pain and directly address it with a program to reduce or rid it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • julasley
    Options
    I just started Zija, so far it has been great!! I spent a pretty penny on it too!! Ha, have any of you stuck with it and seen prolonged results??
  • robinlynn16
    Options
    I've been drinking the XM+ mix for some time now and can honestly say I feel a huge difference when I drink it. I don't seem to crave those sugary carb foods (i.e. Cookies) as much and it does make me feel better. Put it this way, I can tell when I haven't been drinking it after a few days.

I'm not going to get into the rest of this debate. Just sharing my own personal experience. And no, I am not a distributor. :smile:
  • MadinMikala
    Options
    I def lost weight when I was taking it. But most important my 7yr old daughter has completely transformed. One thing you have to realize is, Zija is not a weight loss solution....Zija is a HEALTH solution- losing weight is just a pleasant side effect. Or gaining if that's what you need! I discourage people to take Zija JUST for weight loss because that is only the tip of the very large and beneficial iceberg. If you want to lose weight, you WILL by taking Zija...but you will also be supporting your digestive system which is a key part of weight loss. You will be supporting your immune system which is important to. I cannot possible tell you ALL the benefits of Moringa on your health, there are too many but I would like to share my story to anyone willing to listen. My daughter suffered from a horrible vaccine reaction when she was 13mos old that has destroyed her immune system and bowels. Since taking Zija a year ago, her whole body was nourished enough to heal itself. If you are interested in hearing both, my weight loss success and my daughters healing feel free to add me as a friend on FB. :) Mel Novax Worrior (Melissa Novax Warrior)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I def lost weight when I was taking it. But most important my 7yr old daughter has completely transformed. One thing you have to realize is, Zija is not a weight loss solution....Zija is a HEALTH solution- losing weight is just a pleasant side effect. Or gaining if that's what you need! I discourage people to take Zija JUST for weight loss because that is only the tip of the very large and beneficial iceberg. If you want to lose weight, you WILL by taking Zija...but you will also be supporting your digestive system which is a key part of weight loss. You will be supporting your immune system which is important to. I cannot possible tell you ALL the benefits of Moringa on your health, there are too many but I would like to share my story to anyone willing to listen. My daughter suffered from a horrible vaccine reaction when she was 13mos old that has destroyed her immune system and bowels. Since taking Zija a year ago, her whole body was nourished enough to heal itself. If you are interested in hearing both, my weight loss success and my daughters healing feel free to add me as a friend on FB. :) Mel Novax Worrior (Melissa Novax Warrior)
    One can be properly nourished without having to spend extra money on programs. One just needs to attain the knowledge of what they need for correct nourishment. And that's free information.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • XiomaHealth
    Options
    I lost 13 kilo since May using ZIJA XM+ the Am and PM Capsules and the Premium tea. I tried Smartmix in May and was so impressed with it I signed up to the business. Now my friends are finding that it is helping them too I also give it to all my Show dogs. I still need to lose another 20 kilo but Im on the way and that is the best thing
  • DessaMorgan
    Options
    I have never sold Zija or made any money from it. I chose to try it only because I had a couple of friends that had great results from it. Having said that I done the three step weight loss kit. It contained the xm+ drink mix, the xm am pills and the tea. I lost 30 pounds by doin nothing differnt that drinkin the mix in the mornings and taking the pill before lunch. I would only so the tea once a week or so. I quit taking it and continued eatting the way I had before so I of course gained 25 pounds back. I have recently started it back and have lost 5.5pounds in a week. I have more energy and it makes me feel better. I am not saying it will work for any or everybody all I know is it worked for me!
  • Ayla0143
    Options
    I am again using MFP and started again on zija would love to find friends on here to help me out with the losing the weight. I used zija after my son was born and lost a lot of weight but now I am at a stop. Gain a few lose a few but always staying right around 245. I want to lose about 60lbs before summer.
  • aylaschoenhoff
    aylaschoenhoff Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Would like to have mfp using zija. Anyone can add me and help me out would be great