Are fat thighs a complete turn off?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The "it's good to be curvy" mentality makes me sick. It's FAT (NOT "meat," which some people tend to say). And if there is too much of anywhere, it is unhealthy and gross. EVEN IN YOUR BOOBS.

I think my big thighs are a turn off, which makes them a turn off. Shorts NEVER fit, and they are HUGE and jiggle. Much prefer them to be toned and healthy.

So I am doing something about it. :smile:

I know curvy is often used to justify unhealthy levels of body fat, but it's not always. It IS good to be curvy, if we are using the classic definition. My curves come from bone structure (big shoulders, big rib cage, big hips). Boobs consist of breast tissue and fat, not just fat. Some fat is good (essential even), especially for women.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I actually particularly like a little meat on the legs (and everywhere else, for that matter). I personally think SKINNY legs are a turn-off, but I'm probably in the minority there.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Women, when will you stop listening to fashion/fitness magazines?

the girls from our magazines on all of yall's cars and motorcycles, ya know. Plus dotting the field in pro sports. Plus breaking necks when they walk past. Its not just magazines. We hear what men say and watch where their eyes are drawn to.

Its not us obsessing over the magazines so much as we are observant about what guys are pulled toward :(

you live in Brooklyn???

yeah..? And walking down 5th Ave all the time... I see exactly what turns heads and what turns off and gets the snickers and the rude comments :-/
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If I were a man, I would prefer NOT to have bony little sticks wrapped around me!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of surprised by the responses. I think that, yes, "fat thighs" CAN be a turn off. But, extremely skinny thighs are even worse! That being said, these two ladies have it exactly right:
    I'm thinking, if your pants are on they haven't noticed. If your pants are off they don't care.
    Insecurities are a bigger turn off than a few pounds
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I prefer *fit* thighs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've always thought my fat thighs were a turn off. But my husband loves them. He likes a big booty, hips and thighs. He thinks women such as Rachel Ray or Kelly Clarkson are hotter than most models or actresses.
  • KayLgee
    KayLgee Posts: 139
    Options
    I would never want to loose my thighs, they are thick and meaty but balance out my hour glass figure.

Curvy is not disgusting, some of us are born a certain shape and as long as we maintain a good weight within that i think its unfair that anyone can say curvy is not a good thing.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there's a certain element of age involved. Younger guys will tend to want whatever they think it is that their friends want, because their homosocial urge is to try to impress their friends and prove themselves to be Alpha males. Most men, not all, get over this at some point in their lives, and are more likely to choose what evolution or their own personal preferences dictate.

In my experience, the worst of this was over by the end of Junior High, but I've seen it last far longer too.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    My fat thigh completly turn me off.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My bf LOVES thighs that are slightly bigger than average (not overweight) As long as they're reasonably firm though, bit of extra fat, fine. (13lbs isn't going to be that much of a difference tbh - I gained 20lbs and he loved mine just as much!) Bigger thighs from extra muscle = even better.

Then again, that's one persons opinion. Not all guys are the same, some may want skinny legs, some muscular, chunky, fat...etc you get such a wide variety of opinion seriously.

Most guys just want healthy. Not overweight, not too skinny. IMO stop worrying about what other guys think, and look how YOU want to look. Obviously you can't spot reduce fat, but if you don't like the amount you have on your legs, lose weight all over and they will get smaller. Or you could build some muscle on them. Whatever makes you happy :smile:
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've always thought my fat thighs were a turn off. But my husband loves them. He likes a big booty, hips and thighs. He thinks women such as Rachel Ray or Kelly Clarkson are hotter than most models or actresses.

LOL, My husband is always making comments about Rachel Ray, and also Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce. I am not a fan of my own huge thighs because they are so very uncomfortable but I have been skinny before and had big thighs then so I don't believe that they are going anywhere. I am just trying my best to muscle them up.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It isn't that I don't like my thick legs....it is what comes with having thick legs that I don't like. I hate cellulite, which is inevitable for women with any meat on their thighs. I hate that they rub together at the very top. Even with losing weight, if it is hot out and I'm wearing a dress, the very top can get chub rub. I'm thankful they don't touch the whole length of the thigh now, though. I couldn't even wear shorts before.

Again, I like the size of my legs since toning. It is the irritating things that come with thick legs I don't like. I'm working on getting rid of the cellulite with more toning/running/kickboxing/step/zumba, and with more toning, the very top won't touch anymore.

I'm ALMOST there, but, in the end, my legs are still thick!
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    The first picture made me start to appreciate my legs. Taken in September 2011.
    389894_2563745101472_1489440014_32789543_506864276_n.jpg

This picture reaffirmed it. Taken April 2012
    62651_3769908094793_1489440014_33263638_106020045_n.jpg

This picture is from last summer....but I think it highlights that I have thick thighs....and they aren't THAT gross! There are more toned now, though.
    270412_2213313060890_1489440014_32444722_1991597_n.jpg
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    **** no. And at the expense of sounding like a creeper, this thread needs pics.

DONE!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    556473_3715055517944_1322390795_4532759_344231633_n.jpg

I know that my thighs aren't perfect, but they are a vast improvement from before, so I will flaunt my stuff!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Honestly I doubt most men even care. As long as you're naked and willing they don't care what you look like.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

the girls from our magazines on all of yall's cars and motorcycles, ya know. Plus dotting the field in pro sports. Plus breaking necks when they walk past. Its not just magazines. We hear what men say and watch where their eyes are drawn to.

Its not us obsessing over the magazines so much as we are observant about what guys are pulled toward :(
    This^^^

If guys stop drooling, we'll stop reading
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Yeah that's not true; at least not for all guys. Everyone has their own tastes, and many men have varying tastes. If I said Colombian women are hot, does that mean I'm unattracted to anyone who isn't Colombian?
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I just drilled my husband about this... he stared off into the distance with a blank expression on his face, and then he grabbed both my thighs and looked me in the eyes, and told me he doesn't care about any other thighs except the ones on me :)) Haha. Nice.

I asked what his preferences were before me... he thought for a minute and told me he never had a preference, none at all.

He told me that, yes, I have "thick thighs"... eek. Ok, so I guess "thick" is good then. I asked him what category they will be in once I lose even more fat... he said "muscular"... and I asked if he will like them then. He nodded his head.

So, I conclude this: I have "thick thighs." He likes them. He prefers them over any other thighs. He will like them once they transition into the "muscular" category. And, he was probably wanting sex when he said all this :)

Do I believe any of it? I take away this: I have "thick thighs" and they are not a turn off.