Why you need to do full squats

Options

Replies

• Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    but hey, thanks for informing me i broke form a little the 6th time i lifted over 500 lbs that day, raising the weight each time. it really taught me somthing.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I use the leg press because I have had some back problems in the past because of my weight. I lift a lot on the leg press but don't go down that far because my belly gets in the way. I try to make it at least to a 45 degree angle and never lock my knees at the top.

it's time to lower my weight and find a way to go lower to get the full range of motion.

11320968_8822.jpg
  • Testosterone
    Options
    i dont.. take pictures of myself ... lifting weights man.. lol. i do compete though. 1890 total in the apf. isnt my e-peen so big, but tell you what. tomorrow i'll go to my gym and load up a bunch of 10kg bumper plates and lock out a super impressive looking deadlift and post the pics on here.

because...you cant...lift heavy weights, man.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I wish I could...I'm workin on it tho. I just recently started even lifting...but I'm loving it!!! Right now I couldn't do a full squat to save my life.....you'd better put a tv down there....because once I'm down, I won't be up again for a minute :-)

I was like that when I first started, haha! I've always had a love hate relationship with squats, but they work wonders for my butt!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    saving bump
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    i dont.. take pictures of myself ... lifting weights man.. lol. i do compete though. 1890 total in the apf. isnt my e-peen so big, but tell you what. tomorrow i'll go to my gym and load up a bunch of 10kg bumper plates and lock out a super impressive looking deadlift and post the pics on here.

1890 total? Nice dude, especially if that's raw.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    the pic you posted locking out, yelling like a manly man.. those are bumper plates, not pig irons. not pie plates, bumpers bro, thats why the bar is straight as an arrow. its super impressive though man. Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

inb4 the 3 white lights you got for that bumper plate lift
  • Testosterone
    Options
    if youve gotten 1890 apf, you certainly had photographs or video of such a great personal achievement.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options

haha its not raw
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What kind of bar is that anyways? Assuming it's actually not bowing with 500+ on it, that's something a company should brag about.
  • Testosterone
    Options

unverified posts on the internet should be given 100% credibility.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    What kind of bar is that anyways? Assuming it's actually not bowing with 500+ on it, that's something a company should brag about.

lol i know right? its too thin to be a mastodon bar.
  • Testosterone
    Options

its an oly bar, and the weight being more spread out because of the width of the bumpers (it was a crossfit gym) is why it didnt bend. if there was a heavy bar (100 lbs, like they use in real ipf competitions) it wouldnt bend with pig iron on it either.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options

as should non-hitched i totally lifted that weight and these are definatly 20kg bumpers and not 10kg or less brah :P
  • Testosterone
    Options

lol i know right? its too thin to be a mastodon bar.

does lying on the internet feel really cool right now? it looks like it must.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

its an oly bar, and the weight being more spread out because of the width of the bumpers (it was a crossfit gym) is why it didnt bend. if there was a heavy bar (100 lbs, like they use in real ipf competitions) it wouldnt bend with pig iron on it either.

I was asking the brand of the oly bar.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options

i dont think they make a 100lb bar man, and if they do IPF doesnt use it.
  • Testosterone
    Options

as should non-hitched i totally lifted that weight and these are definatly 20kg bumpers and not 10kg or less brah :P

i wonder why they look just like these

http://www.ironcompany.com/ProductImages/bodysolid/OBPH45_xlg.jpg
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    and they say girls are catty >.<
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    For all powerlifting contests organized under the rules of the IPF, only disc barbells are permitted. The
    use of discs which do not meet the current specifications will invalidate the contest and any records
    accomplished. Only those bars and discs that meet all specifications may be used throughout the entire
    competition and for all lifts. The bar shall not be changed during the competition unless it is bent or
    damaged in some way as determined by the Technical Committee, Jury or Referees. Bars to be used at
    all IPF Championships shall not be chromed on the knurling. Only bars and discs that have official IPF
    approval may be used at IPF World Championships or the setting of World Records. As from 2008 the
    “knurling” distances on IPF approved bars will become universal/standard based on one of the
    originally approved bars.
    (a) The bar shall be straight and well knurled and grooved and shall conform to the following
    dimensions:
    1. Total overall length not to exceed 2.2 m.
    2. Distance between the collar faces is not to exceed 1.32 m or be less than 1.31 m.
    3. Diameter of the bar is not to exceed 29 mm or be less than 28 mm.
    4. Weight of the bar and collars are to be 25 kg.
    5. Diameter of the sleeve not to exceed 52 mm or be less than 50 mm.
    6. There shall be a diameter machined marking or the bar taped so as to measure 81 cm between
    marking or tape.

pretty much dictates they use a standard 45lb bar