Why you need to do full squats

Options
123457»

Replies

• overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well, today I added squats to my workout and I know I did not go parallel. Thanks for the article, I will do better next time.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I want to do full squats so badly, but I'm pretty sure my form sucks. Gonna keep trying though.

I have tree trunks for legs and I think they might actually prevent me from bending at the knee all the way. rofl
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What kind of bar is that anyways? Assuming it's actually not bowing with 500+ on it, that's something a company should brag about.

its an oly bar, and the weight being more spread out because of the width of the bumpers (it was a crossfit gym) is why it didnt bend. if there was a heavy bar (100 lbs, like they use in real ipf competitions) it wouldnt bend with pig iron on it either.

i dont think they make a 100lb bar man, and if they do IPF doesnt use it.

they make an 88. do you have some photos of your meet with your amazing records?
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    [/quote]

as should non-hitched i totally lifted that weight and these are definatly 20kg bumpers and not 10kg or less brah :P
    [/quote]

i wonder why they look just like these

http://www.ironcompany.com/ProductImages/bodysolid/OBPH45_xlg.jpg
    [/quote]

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=4021 but so does the 10kg :O
  • Testosterone
    Options
    I want to do full squats so badly, but I'm pretty sure my form sucks. Gonna keep trying though.

I have tree trunks for legs and I think they might actually prevent me from bending at the knee all the way. rofl

thats impossible, you just need to work on your flexibility.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    yes......about those full squats.....back to the topic of this board....haha. Anyway- I would agree with earlier posts before I got distracted in the drama- I was going to reply to the front/back squat post. I would definitely agree that doing front squats is probably harder form wise than the standard. After doing both, I find that it is easier to get my form/balance on the standard squat with the bar on my back. And no- I don't have any pics of myself doing that to brag about. :) That is all.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    What kind of bar is that anyways? Assuming it's actually not bowing with 500+ on it, that's something a company should brag about.

its an oly bar, and the weight being more spread out because of the width of the bumpers (it was a crossfit gym) is why it didnt bend. if there was a heavy bar (100 lbs, like they use in real ipf competitions) it wouldnt bend with pig iron on it either.

I was asking the brand of the oly bar.

not sure, was at the crossfit gym i went to before i moved.
  • chairmanmoo
    Options
    Do you think the answer is going to be different the second time you ask a question? I refer you to the last time I answered it. But I'll go to the gym tomorrow and load up some really scary looking 10kg plates, grip, rip and hitch that puppy into the locked out position while a friend snaps a photo of me so I can put it on the internet! nite brah. cant wait.
  • Testosterone
    Options

as should non-hitched i totally lifted that weight and these are definatly 20kg bumpers and not 10kg or less brah :P
    [/quote]

i wonder why they look just like these

http://www.ironcompany.com/ProductImages/bodysolid/OBPH45_xlg.jpg
    [/quote]

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=4021 but so does the 10kg :O
    [/quote]

if half as thin is looking the same, sure.

http://tinypic.com/r/j8cdhv/5

there ya go, count the plates.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    Do you think the answer is going to be different the second time you ask a question? I refer you to the last time I answered it. But I'll go to the gym tomorrow and load up some really scary looking 10kg plates, grip, rip and hitch that puppy into the locked out position while a friend snaps a photo of me so I can put it on the internet! nite brah. cant wait.

someones upset.
  • Testosterone
    Options

i refer you to the fact that this is the internet, you are lying, and i can back my statements up with proof. sorry you cant. continue on, QWERTY Kid.
  • GraceK2012
    GraceK2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    A squat is a personal thing... wow bumper sticker.. ahem anyway. Everyone is different so I kind of take issue with some of the absolutes that are being thrown around this thread. Just because A, B & C applies to you, does not mean it applies to everyone.
    Personally my front squat tech is way better and more natural than my back squat and I have always loved OH squating the best, it makes my form perfect.

I train with an excellent strength coach in a lifting squad of 6 girls and you know what, we all have different rack positions, different stances and different timing. Our coach has worked with our limitations, body-types, flexibility so that we can all get depth in comp. One of our girls is really really short and her legs are proportionately short and stocky for her height. That does make a difference to her ability to get depth because her range of movement is tiny. To get obvious depth her bottom is a centimetre from the ground. You can't just dismiss people's experiences and physique.

Try different things, experiment, consult an expert and find what works for your body :)
  • Testosterone
    Options
    A squat is a personal thing... wow bumper sticker.. ahem anyway. Everyone is different so I kind of take issue with some of the absolutes that are being thrown around this thread. Just because A, B & C applies to you, does not mean it applies to everyone.
    Personally my front squat tech is way better and more natural than my back squat and I have always loved OH squating the best, it makes my form perfect.

I train with an excellent strength coach in a lifting squad of 6 girls and you know what, we all have different rack positions, different stances and different timing. Our coach has worked with our limitations, body-types, flexibility so that we can all get depth in comp. One of our girls is really really short and her legs are proportionately short and stocky for her height. That does make a difference to her ability to get depth because her range of movement is tiny. To get obvious depth her bottom is a centimetre from the ground. You can't just dismiss people's experiences and physique.

Try different things, experiment, consult an expert and find what works for your body :)

i have no argument with this, just that stopping at 90 is not ok.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

i have no argument with this, just that stopping at 90 is not ok.

This was more in relation to the 'front squats are harder than back squats' dicussion on which I think we came down on the same side. My point is the same as yours I think, apart from serious injury, everyone can find a way to squat properly by trying different things... and those 'things' might not be the same for everyone...
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Gahhh! Nope, can't do it! If I try and keep my shoulders over my feet I just have to much weight behind my feet and I fall over backwards! I can do it when I have my arms out front to counter balance, but I just tried to have a go with a pole on my back and I couldn't stay up.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You don't keep your shoulders over your feet. You keep the bar over your feet.