Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options

Replies

• 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options

Btw... does the sweat just DRIP off you!? I literally have it running down my nose! Sorry, is that a TMI.... :blushing:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't think I ever sweated so much!!!!

I'm off to visit my family on Wednesday. Besides one of my sisters I haven't seem them in a year. :noway:

Needless to say things have been crazy: packing, tidying up, making arrangements...the list goes on & on. So I won't be able to go on to level 3 of the shred. :grumble: My mom doesn't have a computer but I'll see if I can check in to see how you guys are doing. Good Luck !!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Oh & I just have to rant....The most horrible thing is that I went for a lovely boat ride with my hubby yesterday. The weather was overcast & I didn't wear any sunscreen. What a mistake. :noway: My face & neck are as red as a lobster & it is so sore :sad: :sad: :sad: I've been coating myself with aftersun and drinking a ton of water to see if I can hydrate my skin, if only a little. :blushing::blushing::blushing: That's me red red red. :laugh:

Enjoy your vacation! Are you coming to Canada? Take care of that sunburn!
    Betty
    :flowerforyou:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation! Are you coming to Canada? Take care of that sunburn!
    Betty

Thanks Betty :smile:

Yes, I'm going to Canada (YAHOO). :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I haven't been there in a year!!!!! :noway:

My forehead is still very sore from my sunburn :sad: but the rest of my face is starting to calm down (thank goodness) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's a good idea misty about alternating between the 3 levels to help your joints.

Good luck with the shred everyone !!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I am soo frustrated!! :explode: The shred is killing my knees and I don't know what to do about it! I think I'm on day 8 (I'm waiting to go up a level until I'm able to go through the first without stopping, instead of just ten days), the first 5 times I did it I was fine. It's just been the last week that it's been bad, my knees hurt so bad during and after that I end up having to take a break the next day because it hurts too bad to get through it. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I really really really don't want to quit, I feel so much stronger everywhere else, and I've lost ten pounds doing it. Please Help!! :frown:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I am soo frustrated!! :explode: The shred is killing my knees and I don't know what to do about it! I think I'm on day 8 (I'm waiting to go up a level until I'm able to go through the first without stopping, instead of just ten days), the first 5 times I did it I was fine. It's just been the last week that it's been bad, my knees hurt so bad during and after that I end up having to take a break the next day because it hurts too bad to get through it. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? I really really really don't want to quit, I feel so much stronger everywhere else, and I've lost ten pounds doing it. Please Help!! :frown:

Oh dear - sorry to hear this - definitely take a break until your knee feels better. I had foot pain for a few days, but I worked through it. Your knees are delicate - I wouldn't push them!

Is it the lunges that are causing trouble? Can you cut that out?

....good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.....
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options

Oh dear - sorry to hear this - definitely take a break until your knee feels better. I had foot pain for a few days, but I worked through it. Your knees are delicate - I wouldn't push them!

Thanks Betty, It's actually the jumping jacks that are the issue, I don't know. I do know that i did start walking on my lunches at work as well, so I'm going to stop that for a week and take it easy on the impact on my knees and see how it goes. I'm glad your foot pain is feeling better, I too had that issue and just worked through it and it went away. That 's the issue with bad knees, you want to work out to lose weight, but it puts pressure on the knees! Very frustrating. I think I may try those new insoles for knee pain and see if they help any. Anyone tried these?
    Thanks for the support!! :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Thanks Betty, It's actually the jumping jacks that are the issue, I don't know. I do know that i did start walking on my lunches at work as well, so I'm going to stop that for a week and take it easy on the impact on my knees and see how it goes. I'm glad your foot pain is feeling better, I too had that issue and just worked through it and it went away. That 's the issue with bad knees, you want to work out to lose weight, but it puts pressure on the knees! Very frustrating. I think I may try those new insoles for knee pain and see if they help any. Anyone tried these?

SHOES! Any chance you need new shoes? They only last about 800 km (or 500 miles) of running, walking, etc. If you were to workout daily, for an hour, that would be only 4-5 months. Could your running shoes be 4 or 5 months old?

If your shoes are no longer supportive, and absorbing the shock, it could cause joint pain for sure.

My hubby was having knee pain, and sure enough, his runners were almost a YEAR old!!! New shoes = no more pain!

Just thought of this one... hope it might help!
    Betty
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options

SHOES! Any chance you need new shoes? They only last about 800 km (or 500 miles) of running, walking, etc. If you were to workout daily, for an hour, that would be only 4-5 months. Could your running shoes be 4 or 5 months old?

If your shoes are no longer supportive, and absorbing the shock, it could cause joint pain for sure.

My hubby was having knee pain, and sure enough, his runners were almost a YEAR old!!! New shoes = no more pain!

Just thought of this one... hope it might help!
    Betty

Good thought, but no. My shoes are new this month, I've only ever worn them outside a handful of times. :bigsmile: I do really appreciate that you're trying to help me figure it out!! :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hope you're knees are feeling better!

How is everyone doing? I am off on vacation again this week, we leave tonight, so I'm taking my lap top, DVD, and weights!
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    I had a bad weekend, didn't do the dvd at all :blushing: and hardly did anything else, I'm annoyed with myself :angry: But I did it today, no more breaks, no matter how lazy I feel. It's so not worth the way I feel when the scale goes up instead of down. I'm really going to force myself to be good this week!!
    And thanks Betty, they are doing a bit better after taking a break. I hope you have a great time on vacation this week, I'm very jealous!! :flowerforyou:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    So I tried level two yesterday, wowza!!! I have never heard of plank jacks before in my life, lol. I don't think that level two should be considered exercise, lol, but torture!! But I am pleased to say that I made it all the way through it and didn't break much, and I feel it today that's for sure! I was getting bored with level one, but I think I may still alternate the two until I get stronger.
    Where is everyone this week? On vacation with Betty? :bigsmile:
    I hope everyone is having a great week :flowerforyou:
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Hello?? Where is everybody?? :huh:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hey JB - I'm still following the MFP plan, but I am on vacation! I am going to start level 2 on Saturday as I have to go for a run tomorrow morning.

Is level 2 really that much harder than level 1?

Wish me luck! I've been doing Level 1 with running and other workouts for 5 weeks now - and I'm down some weight (although I don't have my scale - hubby confiscated it) but my clothes are all getting lose, and my size 8's fit, and without that muffin top that I had!
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Still on vacation eh, wonderful for you!!! The group has been pretty quiet lately.
    Yes, level 2 is really that much harder, lol! It's all of the stuff that you do in the plank position that gets to me. There are a couple things I have to modify, and I take a couple quick breaks to get water, but Im getting through it! It should be easier for you if you've been running though, you have better endurance ;0)
    Congrats on the weight lost! That's fantastic, you're doing great. My scale is stuck I believe, lol, but I have lost 3.5 inches off my waist :bigsmile: Glad I measured, lol. I'm glad you have lost the muffin top, that too is my goal, lol!!
    Keep enjoying that vacation! :flowerforyou:
    Jenn
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Still on vacation eh, wonderful for you!!! The group has been pretty quiet lately.
    Yes, level 2 is really that much harder, lol! It's all of the stuff that you do in the plank position that gets to me. There are a couple things I have to modify, and I take a couple quick breaks to get water, but Im getting through it! It should be easier for you if you've been running though, you have better endurance ;0)
    Congrats on the weight lost! That's fantastic, you're doing great. My scale is stuck I believe, lol, but I have lost 3.5 inches off my waist :bigsmile: Glad I measured, lol. I'm glad you have lost the muffin top, that too is my goal, lol!!
    Keep enjoying that vacation! :flowerforyou:
    Jenn

Hey Jen,

11 lbs lost and 3.5 iches from your hips is AMAZING!! Congrats, and keep it up. As you know, I tossed the scale, but as long as I am pushing forward, I am good! I will however update my weight Sept 1st so as to not throw off the calories (it is based on weight and height, right)?

Yes, I work from home (part time) so I am basically on vacation for most of the summer, and just come home here and there for meetings, etc. It is NOT good for the calories though! We had a big BBQ today with friends (and cocktails) and I just finised a second workout of the day to burn it off!

I keep saying "tomorrow" but tomorrow I REALLY will start Level 2! Wish me luck! I still cant get through all the push ups of level 1, but everything else is manageable now (dare I say, easy!?).

Good luck and keep in touch - I will be around here and there - and back with a vengence in Sept!
    Betty
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry to disappear for a while. I was having some personal issues and started slacking on the exercise. I'm back on the wagon now though and just completed day 5 of level one. I'm going to take the weekend off from the Shred, but try to get in a lot of other activity (walking, cleaning house, etc).

A friend is having a pool party tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how that goes. I'm thinking about taking some gluten-free beer, but Sunday is my only day to sleep in this week and I'm worried I won't sleep well if I drink tomorrow night... God, I'm such an old lady! Oh well!

I'm going on vacation two weeks from today and I know I won't be Shredding while I'm out of town. I'd like to accomplish as much as possible by then however, not just to look better for my trip (although that's always a motivator!), but also because I feel like I'll do a better job of staying on track if I have some progress that I'm trying not to undo! My family that I'll be visiting are HUGE junk food eaters and one of my cousins is pregnant, so I know I'll have my work cut out for me. Luckily they're used to my crazy eating habits (vegan for years and now a gluten allergy), so they don't give me too much crap when I opt out of the fast food fests...

I hope everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to an exciting weekend!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Kelly - congrats on the 5 days of Shredding btw!

How are we doing ladies???

So I just tried the Tracey Anderson cardio dance - what is up with that!!! WOW!!!!! Sweating was literally channelling off my nose! I took dance lessons for 9 years - 3 times a week for the later years, yet I find the routines so hard! Has anyone tried it?

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • mskellyw
    Options
    Ok, I lied. I wasn't planning on doing the Shred today, but I did it anyway!

Last night while I was lying in bed reading I absentmindedly put my hand on my thigh... and there was muscle there! I threw back the covers and started to really look at my legs... They're actually starting to get kind of muscular! I knew I was definitely seeing a difference in my arms, but I was pretty surprised to see a a change in my legs, especially since they haven't really been that sore.

So anyway, that was enough to motivate me to Shred again today! I'm definitely going to take tomorrow off as my rest day, but today was my sixth day in a row of Shredding and I can't believe the difference I'm seeing already! I'm going to wait to take my measurements until right before I leave for my trip, but I'm pretty anxious to see my results!

I hope you guys are having a great weekend!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Kelly - that's awesome about the thigh muscle! I LOVE the Shred for that very reason!

Betty
  • mskellyw
    Options
    Hi guys. I weighed in this morning and lost...(drumroll)...3.6lbs this week! I'm really surprised since I had already lost the few pounds I gained back while slacking off for the weeks I was MIA. I'm now down 9.4lbs since May 28th! Yay! I did bust my butt last week diet and exercise-wise, so I'm really glad to see that it's paid off.

I did go little nuts at my friend's party (hello red wine...), but I kept track of everything I ate and drank and logged it in MFP when I got home. I went over my 1500 daily calories, but was sure to stay under the 2500 that I actually burned that day (god I love my GoWear Fit!).

Betty - It should be really interesting to see how much weight you've lost when you finally do weigh-in. It's a great sign that your clothes are fitting better though. Have you started level 2 of the Shred yet? After reading what other people have said about it I'm going to pretty scared to try it. I'm trying to keep in mind how awesome it will feel to finally be able to make it all the through and will use that as my motivation when the time finally comes for me!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hi guys. I weighed in this morning and lost...(drumroll)...3.6lbs this week! I'm really surprised since I had already lost the few pounds I gained back while slacking off for the weeks I was MIA. I'm now down 9.4lbs since May 28th! Yay! I did bust my butt last week diet and exercise-wise, so I'm really glad to see that it's paid off.

I did go little nuts at my friend's party (hello red wine...), but I kept track of everything I ate and drank and logged it in MFP when I got home. I went over my 1500 daily calories, but was sure to stay under the 2500 that I actually burned that day (god I love my GoWear Fit!).

Betty - It should be really interesting to see how much weight you've lost when you finally do weigh-in. It's a great sign that your clothes are fitting better though. Have you started level 2 of the Shred yet? After reading what other people have said about it I'm going to pretty scared to try it. I'm trying to keep in mind how awesome it will feel to finally be able to make it all the through and will use that as my motivation when the time finally comes for me!

CONGRATS!!! That is awesome!

I have NOT tried level 2 yet :blushing: I keep doing my other routines, and now I'm into this Tracey Anderson stuff, but I am going to try it! This week for sure. I am scared too, but think of how hard Level 1 was the first time (well, it was for me anyway) and then how easy it got by the third or fourth time.

We CAN do it!!!!