Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options

Replies

• WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 8 of level 2 done :wink:
  • CoachJimmy
    CoachJimmy Posts: 15
    Options
    Great Thread! Keep up the good work everyone!

jimmy
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Great Thread! Keep up the good work everyone!

jimmy

Wow Jimmy! You are like an anatomical model!!! Did you get ripped like that with P90X? You look awesome!!!
    :smile: :noway:
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hello, hope it's still alright that I join you guys, here are my measurements.
    I am currently 215

Waist 46.5
    Hip 49.6
    Thighs R72 L71
    Arms R 14.6 L13.8
    Chest 45.7

I'm on day 5 of level one, had to take the day of yesterday because of a migraine, so I have to do it today! You guys are all doing so well with this, it certainly is motivating! :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hello, hope it's still alright that I join you guys, here are my measurements.
    I am currently 215

Waist 46.5
    Hip 49.6
    Thighs R72 L71
    Arms R 14.6 L13.8
    Chest 45.7

I'm on day 5 of level one, had to take the day of yesterday because of a migraine, so I have to do it today! You guys are all doing so well with this, it certainly is motivating! :flowerforyou:

Welcome!!! I have been a little absent lately due to vacation, but I'm checking in here and there!!! The other gals are here and checking in regularly too!

How's everyone doing?
    :flowerforyou:
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    day 7 of level 2 done
    I think that it's too much jumping for me, my ankles are really really sore
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    day 7 of level 2 done
    I think that it's too much jumping for me, my ankles are really really sore

Yeah Misty, I wanted to ask you guys about that.... my left foot feels like there is a bit of bone pain when I am working out! I have new-ish Nike runners, so I don't think that is the issue.

It must be a lot for our joints with all the jumping day after day!

What do you think?
    :ohwell:
  • misty589
    Options
    I've been taking it much easier with level 2 because of all the jumping, I've been doing a lot of the exercises modified (following anita if they are high impact) my ankles just can't take it, maybe as I get stronger......
    does anyone know if level 3 has as much jumping around? I haven't watched it yet
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I haven't watched level 3 yet so I'm not sure how much jumping there is.

I'm finding the arm exercises worse than the jumping.
    I think my weights are a tad too heavy for me so I have to follow Anita for some of them.
    I started in January doing work out dvds so I must have slowly built up some stamina for the jumping.
  • misty589
    Options
    summer really sucks, and I haven' had much time to get exercise in (though i've been having a ton of fun)
    jus waned to bump this to see how everyone else is doing?
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I hear ya about summer, too much to do and its hard to try to squeeze it in! I had a migraine last night (again!) and had to take the day off. I'm going to try to get it in today! Good luck over the weekend everyone! :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm hanging in - but I am still at Level 1! I have been doing it as part of my workout routine, usually with additional running, so I have not gotten around to learning a new one. Today is the day!

Good luck to everyone!
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday. I did it yesterday and today. I have been going to the gym nearly every day since Feb. and this workout whopped my butt. My legs were so sore today. I have trouble with jumping things but am getting better. I plan to continue as long as possilble.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I started it yesterday. I did it yesterday and today. I have been going to the gym nearly every day since Feb. and this workout whopped my butt. My legs were so sore today. I have trouble with jumping things but am getting better. I plan to continue as long as possilble.

Congrats for starting! Remember you can always substitute the stationary punches for anything with jumping - it drives the heart up just as well, if not better than the jumping jacks!

Believe it or not, in a week or two of doing it everyday it almost gets easy! I could barely finish some of the upper body stuff when I first started, and now it is almost easy!

Let us know how you progress!
    Betty
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Hi, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :flowerforyou:

I took 3 days off from the shred :noway: My back was KILLING me it was so sore. :sad: I think it was a combination of things: my weights were too heavy & I think my back was taking some of the stress, it was my TOM and lots of stress at home. :grumble:

Anyways...I lightened my weights to 1.5 L water bottles. I just weighed them and they are 3.5 lbs.

So Day 9 of level 2 is done. :smile:
    I'm very proud that some of my habits are slowing changing. I know the old me would have just given up doing the shred altogether because I was so discouraged and not tried to find a way to make it work. I have to thank mu hubby too for encouraging me to work out...sometimes it nice having a little positive encouragement for someone else. :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hi, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :flowerforyou:

I took 3 days off from the shred :noway: My back was KILLING me it was so sore. :sad: I think it was a combination of things: my weights were too heavy & I think my back was taking some of the stress, it was my TOM and lots of stress at home. :grumble:

Anyways...I lightened my weights to 1.5 L water bottles. I just weighed them and they are 3.5 lbs.

So Day 9 of level 2 is done. :smile:
    I'm very proud that some of my habits are slowing changing. I know the old me would have just given up doing the shred altogether because I was so discouraged and not tried to find a way to make it work. I have to thank mu hubby too for encouraging me to work out...sometimes it nice having a little positive encouragement for someone else. :bigsmile:

Congrats WantToBe!!!! That is amazing - and love that your hubby is supportive.

My hubby has been awesome too - and reading your mail has prompted me to thank him! He spends a lot of time alone with the kids while I am off running, working out, or off at the gym. But hey, we all benefit from this journey, right! :happy:

Have a great week everyone!

Btw... does the sweat just DRIP off you!? I literally have it running down my nose! Sorry, is that a TMI.... :blushing:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Where's Misty? And MrsKelly? Others?
  • misty589
    Options
    I'm here! I've been off the wagon this week, but I'm hopping back on today :) could be ineresting :P
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options

Btw... does the sweat just DRIP off you!? I literally have it running down my nose! Sorry, is that a TMI.... :blushing:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't think I ever sweated so much!!!!

I'm off to visit my family on Wednesday. Besides one of my sisters I haven't seem them in a year. :noway:

Needless to say things have been crazy: packing, tidying up, making arrangements...the list goes on & on. So I won't be able to go on to level 3 of the shred. :grumble: My mom doesn't have a computer but I'll see if I can check in to see how you guys are doing. Good Luck !!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Oh & I just have to rant....The most horrible thing is that I went for a lovely boat ride with my hubby yesterday. The weather was overcast & I didn't wear any sunscreen. What a mistake. :noway: My face & neck are as red as a lobster & it is so sore :sad: :sad: :sad: I've been coating myself with aftersun and drinking a ton of water to see if I can hydrate my skin, if only a little. :blushing::blushing::blushing: That's me red red red. :laugh:
  • misty589
    Options
    back on the wagon. My ankles are soooo sore, I think I'm going to alternate between all three levels so that I'm not doing the same exercises everyday, maybe that will be easier on my joints