Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I just came inside from running and I have to do the 30 day shred...I seriously don't feel like doing it....this is the 2nd night I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

I measured myself and I'm still the same. what is that?!?! I'm on level 2 day 16. I've done it every single day and didn't take breaks on any of the days during the video. I literally push thru with Jillian. I'm eating the amount of cals MFP tells me to...but I'm not losing any inches. I think I lost 2 lbs so far....that's it?

I guess I was expecting more. It's kind of disappointing. Especially after hearing other ppls success with the shred (and most of them didn't even do the whole way through).... I'm half way there and only 2lbs?

I know I should be happy with the 2 lbs, but I could've lost that without the shred.....:ohwell: At least I feel stronger..I guess that's all I'm really getting out of this.
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Monday, June 22nd CHECK IN!

Weight: no change (up 3 lbs, but TOM arrived this morning)

bust 40/40 (-0)
    rib cage 32/32 (-0)
    waist 31/29.5 (-1.5) :smile:
    hips 43.5/40.5 (-3) :smile:
    butt 42.5/41.5 (-1) :smile:
    l arm 13.75/13 (-0.75) :smile:
    l thigh 26/25.5 (-0.5) :smile:
    l knee 15.25/15.25 (-0)
    l calf 16.5/16 (-0.5) :smile:

So my weight was up 3 lbs (but I also got my . this morning).

I lost 1.5 " off my waist, and 3" off my hips! :noway: :tongue: I knew I had lost, but that is great! It negates all the worry about the number on the scale!

Have a great week Shredding ladies, and I can't wait to celebrate your results when you post them!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just came inside from running and I have to do the 30 day shred...I seriously don't feel like doing it....this is the 2nd night I'm trying to talk myself out of it.

I measured myself and I'm still the same. what is that?!?! I'm on level 2 day 16. I've done it every single day and didn't take breaks on any of the days during the video. I literally push thru with Jillian. I'm eating the amount of cals MFP tells me to...but I'm not losing any inches. I think I lost 2 lbs so far....that's it?

I guess I was expecting more. It's kind of disappointing. Especially after hearing other ppls success with the shred (and most of them didn't even do the whole way through).... I'm half way there and only 2lbs?

I know I should be happy with the 2 lbs, but I could've lost that without the shred.....:ohwell: At least I feel stronger..I guess that's all I'm really getting out of this.
    you may not be seeing results because you did not have any rest days. i find that if I work out every single day, I do not see any results. Especially on the scale. I usually work out 5 days a week and have 2 rest days in between. Give that a try and see what happens. But don't give up! You will see results!:flowerforyou:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    you may not be seeing results because you did not have any rest days. i find that if I work out every single day, I do not see any results. Especially on the scale. I usually work out 5 days a week and have 2 rest days in between. Give that a try and see what happens. But don't give up! You will see results!:flowerforyou:

That is very interesting...

Oh, & Day 7 done
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I did the shred anyways last night.

yea i'll take a break tonight from it tonight, we'll see what happens.
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi guys!

I've decided to only do measurements once a month, but my weight this week is 182. That's only down 0.4 from last week, but I started my period today too and I usually gain water right before (up to 5 or 6 lbs isn't unheard of), so I'm happy with my tiny loss!

I did the Shred yesterday and my new GoWear Fit said I burned about 240 calories--not bad for 20 minutes! I was excited to do it again today but am feeling crampy and sleepy so I'll pick it back up tomorrow. I have done over an hour of walking in 101 degrees while lugging a 17lb backpack today, so I'm not being a total slacker. I'm also going to go for another walk with a friend in a little bit.

I hope everyone is doing well and good luck with weigh-ins!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 8 done :smile:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 8 done :smile:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone! Great results, I am so jumping back on the band wagon as soon as the doc okay's it! Hopefully I can start again on July 8th! I am going to new york to see family on the 24th and really want to lose this momma pooch. Great work everyone! :happy:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Great work all around. How are we doing? I still can't believe the changes in my body already! Do you all find that the ab workouts aren't quite enough? She kills my shoulders, but I have still been doing a variety of crunches, planks (side and regular) on my own.... which leads me to starting an ab group... anyone into that?

MsKelly - our cycles are killing us - but we should have good weigh in's next week!
    :smile:

JenniferGotti - ENJOY New York!!!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    day 8 done.
    I took yesterday off, te weather has been awful here and we were all in a cranky mood so I didn't exercise and I over ate :blushing: today's a new day!

so how is everyone doing? I'm doing most of the exercises now without any modification, the only exception is push ups I'm too wimpy for those LOL
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    day 8 done.
    I took yesterday off, te weather has been awful here and we were all in a cranky mood so I didn't exercise and I over ate :blushing: today's a new day!

so how is everyone doing? I'm doing most of the exercises now without any modification, the only exception is push ups I'm too wimpy for those LOL

Hahaha! Me too! I am up to 10 "girl" style push ups, for each set. That is an improvement though! I could only do a few the first few days....
  • misty589
    Options
    I'm up to about 13 maybe I should try the real ones, but after the last few girl ones are really shakey LOL so i'm skeeered!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I'm up to about 13 maybe I should try the real ones, but after the last few girl ones are really shakey LOL so i'm skeeered!

Hahaha - I say wait until you are up to the full amount in the girls - is it 20 or 25? I migh then move to the miliarty style for as many as you can do, and then go onto the rest back in girl position.

That is great progress though!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Betty I know what you mean about your shoulders, those lateral lunges while lifting the weights straight up are killing me since I uped the weights I'm lifting. :grumble:

misty & betty well done on the pushups. I started doing wall pushups in January as that was all I could manage so I'm very proud of my girlie pushups. :laugh:

JenniferGotti I'm so happy for you that you are going to New York. Have a great time ! :wink:
  • misty589
    Options
    DAY 9 DONE!!
    \
    only one more day of level 1! I'm excited and scared!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 9 done for me too!!!!

One day left :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Good work WantToBeMore!!!! This is going really well. Level 1 is almost feeling too easy now - I can't believe how quickly the adaptation occurs!

Have a great day ladies!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 7 done

i am very nervous to be able to do level 2 by day 11... i am still not able to use the weights the whole time during the second set of squats and presses (circuit 1), but my pushups have improved (still doing girly style as well, but can do many more - maybe 10 or 15? - than when i started and can really tell a difference!)... great work betty and wanttobemore on the pushups!

how heavy are everyones weights?? and do you have strategies for moving up?

i haven't weighed in in a while cause ive been at the beach so im interested to see what it says next week....
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 10 done :happy:

Level 1 done :bigsmile:

sudzie88
    I'm using 2lb water bottles for my weights.
    This is just my 2 cents worth as well...Everyone is at a different fitness level. I started doing work out videos in January & was using cans of soup for my weights. I wouldn't have been able to do the 30 day shred in January & get through it as I was not in good enough shape. I haven't previewed level 2 so I don't know how much of a step up from level 1 it's going to be. You could see how you feel after day 10 & have a look at level 2 & see if you can handle it. I don't think there's anything wrong with staying a few days extra on a level. To be honest I can't use the weights the whole time for the second set of the lateral lunges & arm raises since I upped my weights on day 4 or 5. I could do them when I had the lighter weights but they were too light in my opinion. My shoulders are obviously weaker than my biceps & chest as the same weight isn't as 'heavy' to me for those exercise. I think no matter what you do you are going in the right direction. I think when we're wondering about moving up a level we have to think about what Jillian has been emphasizing since day 1 - correct form. Can we do the exercises, even the modified versin, with the correct form.
    Like I said said that's just my 2 cents worth....:wink: