Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options

Replies

• WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 4 of level 2 done...and it's actually getting easier...notice I didn't say it's easy, just getting easier :laugh:

I think I'll try and go it again tomorrow & then take 1 or 2 days off.

Awesome job on the sand sculpture misty!!!! I have always wanted to go and see sand sculptures but haven't done it yet!!!!

Everyone's eating gets off track misty...mine hasn't been great lately...beer...oh so delicious chocolate brownie...I actually find summer is the hardest time for me to control what I eat. Some people say they eat less in summer, I'm not one of them. :laugh: Today is a new day so start fresh!!!!!!!!!!! :glasses:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    OH my gosh! This is amazing Misty! You are amazing. Way to go sticking with it everyone! I'm back on the workout routine on Wednesday. I'll talk to you all then with my starting over measurments!

WEIGH IN DAY!

well I'm back to my starting weight lol (after gaining a few last time) I'm at 151 lbs I have some digestive problems and haven't "gone" in a while and my TOM is starting on wednesday so I'm hoping that next week I'll be down a couple my masurements are still good though :) i think i'm going to throw out my scale and keep up the measuring tape love lol

................. June 13 ....................June 21....................Today
    waist ........... 31.5 .......................... 30.............................28
    hip.................. 41..........................39.75...........................38
    belly...............38.5...........................37..............................34!
    thighx2.............24........................... 23..............................22
    armx2..............12..........................11.25...........................11
    bust .................38.............................36..............................36

for a grand total of 19 inches!!
    this really works I don't care what my devil possessed scales says!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    OH my gosh! This is amazing Misty! You are amazing. Way to go sticking with it everyone! I'm back on the workout routine on Wednesday. I'll talk to you all then with my starting over measurments!

WEIGH IN DAY!

well I'm back to my starting weight lol (after gaining a few last time) I'm at 151 lbs I have some digestive problems and haven't "gone" in a while and my TOM is starting on wednesday so I'm hoping that next week I'll be down a couple my masurements are still good though :) i think i'm going to throw out my scale and keep up the measuring tape love lol

................. June 13 ....................June 21....................Today
    waist ........... 31.5 .......................... 30.............................28
    hip.................. 41..........................39.75...........................38
    belly...............38.5...........................37..............................34!
    thighx2.............24........................... 23..............................22
    armx2..............12..........................11.25...........................11
    bust .................38.............................36..............................36

for a grand total of 19 inches!!
    this really works I don't care what my devil possessed scales says!

thank you :blushing: I still don't feel smaller, I've been the same sie forever and to have a 28 inch waist is insane to me, that's smaller than my waist was in junior high! (except I didn't have a belly and love handles below my waist LOL) I'm trying to get into the mindset of a shrinking person.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred also...Just started yesterday (first day) July 1st. My quads and glutes are definitely feeling it!! :happy: I LOVE IT!!!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 5 done of level 2, even though I felt sluggish this morning.

I'm going away today so it looks the the next 2 days will be Jillian free for me.
  • misty589
    Options
    level 2 day 3 done !
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred also...Just started yesterday (first day) July 1st. My quads and glutes are definitely feeling it!! :happy: I LOVE IT!!!

Hey Kandy - glad you are lovin it!

I'm still here ladies - I am moving onto Level 2 tomorrow - I did three weeks of level 1 - now it's getting pretty easy, so I am heading to level 2!

I can't wait to weigh in on Monday - I am FOR SURE feeling slimmer, and my size 8 jeans fit nicely yesterday, without a muffin top!

Have a great day everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i started level 2 yesterday, and have done it twice now..... OH MY GOD IS IT HARD!!!! i thought having done level 1 until i could do it with natalie would've helped... NOPE! haha... well im glad its a challenge but i bet ill be doing level 2 for the rest of my shred... and i am at day 15!! halfway there!!

good work on level 2 guys, i am impressed. how much can you guys do with the weights? also, arent all the plank moves KILLER?!?
  • misty589
    Options
    level 2 day 4 done almost half way
    thank god!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    My eating wasn't so good yesterday. I blame it on my TOM starting.

I had a headache this morning but still suffered through Day 6 of level 2.
  • misty589
    Options
    weigh in day :) I'm down to 149.6!!! I haven't been below 150 in a long time!!!.

................ June 13 ....................June 21....................June 28...................Today
    waist ........... 31.5 .......................... 30.............................28............................27.5
    hip.................. 41..........................39.75...........................38............................37
    belly...............38.5...........................37..............................34!...........................33
    thighx2.............24........................... 23..............................22............................22
    armx2..............12..........................11.25...........................11............................11
    bust .................38.............................36..............................36 ...........................36

for a total of 21 inches!!! (that's almost 2 feet!)
    can I just sy that when I was in junior high school my waist was 30 inches (of course i didn't have this baby belly below it but still!)
  • misty589
    Options
    1/2 way done level 2
    this one is taking me way longer than level 1 LOL
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    WOW WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE misty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What awesome measurements & congrats on getting into the 140s ( a dream of mine :laugh: ) But I'll have to pay more attention to what I eat & drink for that to happen. Because it's my TOM I'm going to wait until next week to weigh myself.

I find level 2 tougher than level 1 & like I said I have to take a break during the last set of weight exercises. But at least I'm able to get through the workout & it's not like I'm discouraged and want to stop.

So speaking of stopping, I am going away next Wednesday on holiday and won't have enough time to get to day 30 before then. :grumble:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    HELP!!!

Ladies, I am ready to quit. I am up 2 pounds this week.

How is this possible? I've eaten my calories, done the Shred eveyday, plus other cardio.

I want to quit - this is SO frustrating!!!

Anyone else have a slow start like this?
    :ohwell: :cry:
    Betty

BIG congrats to Misty and all of us for sticking with this!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!

How is this possible? I've eaten my calories, done the Shred eveyday, plus other cardio.

Betty

So I'm not a part of this group, but I was just checking this out to see if this is working for you guys. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred on my own. I just wanted to say that the first week I did it I was up 3 pounds while sticking to a 1400 cal diet, a personal trainer I spoke to told me not to get discouraged, it is most likely that you have gained muscle because of the intensity of the work out. I soo felt like quitting too, but don't do it, keep with it and I'm told you will see some great results.
    Do you feel stronger? I know I do, and feel my muscles getting firmer. Stick with it Betty!! You can do it!
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    HELP!!!

Betty

So I'm not a part of this group, but I was just checking this out to see if this is working for you guys. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred on my own. I just wanted to say that the first week I did it I was up 3 pounds while sticking to a 1400 cal diet, a personal trainer I spoke to told me not to get discouraged, it is most likely that you have gained muscle because of the intensity of the work out. I soo felt like quitting too, but don't do it, keep with it and I'm told you will see some great results.
    Do you feel stronger? I know I do, and feel my muscles getting firmer. Stick with it Betty!! You can do it!

Thank you for this message - you really do make me feel better - I like to know that someone else has had this same experience! I WILL stick with it - as my hubby says, I FEEL better, and my quality of life is better, so regardless of what the scale says, it is doing me good!

I do feel stronger! I felt stronger almost immediately, so I am going to stick with it.

Thanks again and good luck to you! You should join the group and update us on your Shredding Progress!!!
    Betty
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    HELP!!!

Betty

Betty,

I did a you tube search on the 30 day shred to preview it before I started. There were also posts there from people who were doing the shred. A lot of them said they gained a few pounds even though they were losing inches. Like jb_sweet_99 said, I too think it must be muscle weight because of the intensity of the exercises.

I'm trying not to weigh myself until I'm done so I don't get discouraged. Also my eating hasn't been the greatest lately either and I have a history of stopping exercising if I see the scale go up...not the smartest thing to do I know but at least I'm slowly starting to change my old habits.

Get out your measuring tape because that will encourage you to continue. I haven't seen the fantastic results misty has but I am down inches. And I'm glad misty is having such good results because it will encourage me to do the shred again & again rather than this be a one time thing.

Oh and Day 7 of level 2 done :bigsmile:
  • misty589
    Options
    Hey Betty!
    stick with it! My scale "just* started going down, for me, I actually started eating more than my alloted calories a few times a week. seems to be working for me :) but like you I gained in the beginning even the first week when I lost over 10 inches I gained something like 3 lbs. I'm using the measuring tape and my mirror as a guide. My legs are much more firm especially my calves
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!

Betty

Thank you for this message - you really do make me feel better - I like to know that someone else has had this same experience! I WILL stick with it - as my hubby says, I FEEL better, and my quality of life is better, so regardless of what the scale says, it is doing me good!

I do feel stronger! I felt stronger almost immediately, so I am going to stick with it.

Thanks again and good luck to you! You should join the group and update us on your Shredding Progress!!!
    Betty

I'm sooo glad this helped, and that you are feeling stronger!! I too needed the encouragement to move on with it, luckily I have a great cousin and we help eachother stay motivated. I could join the group and do it with you guys, I will be going on to day 5 tomorrow (today is my day off to do the Wii Fit instead). I'll post my measurements when I get home tonight, thanks for the invite!!
    Jenn :flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    THANK YOU ladies! You've made me feel GREAT about this, and that I am not alone. It is still REALLY frustrating though!!!

Congrats to all of you for sticking it out, and doing so well - you all inspire me!

My waist is down from 31 to 28.5 in 3 weeks...
    My hips/bum is down from 42.5 to 40.5 in 3 weeks....

So I can't complain!

If I move at this pace, I will reach my goal of 36-26-36 by September!
    That's my goal!

Let's have a great week!