Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options

Replies

• 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Well, I started before everyone on this thread. I just joined so I could talk to ppl that are doing the shred.
    I started 11 days ago on level 1 and yesterday was my first day at level 2.
    There are 3 levels to the video and you do each level for 10 days :smile: ...hence "30 day shred". Each level gets a little more intense, but they're fun and you def start seeing a difference.

Ohhhh - thanks! Got it! I find she doesn't make it very clear on the DVD, as she makes reference to stacking two or more work outs in succession. Others on this site recommend taking a day of rest in between, but Jillian again, makes reference to doing it everyday. I guess listening to your body is key!

Good work and keep at it! Can't wait to try level 2 (or can I.....)
    :flowerforyou:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Ok day 3 done!!

I was so sore yesterday walking around the mall all day, i could barley walk up the steps and had to just walk up the stroller ramps behind hubby and the stroller, it was brutal trying on slothes too, so sore, but i did it again today, only burned 128 cal today though.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I think ppl start doing that when they're done with 10 days at each level. By that time you're used to level 3, but you don't want to keep doing level 3 bc you need to change your routine otherwise it could lead to a plateau. So, I think she recommends doing 1 and 2...2 and 3...or any way just to switch things up a bit.

I listened to Jillian. She knows what she's doing. She's helped how many ppl lose weight and she's in great shape herself. I didn't need to take a day off in between, but that's just me. I pushed through the first level. I think it's all about your mindset.
    Like Jillian says, if you want it bad enough you'll just push through it...but also if you're body can't handle it, you need to listen to what she says about following the girl (on her left) that's going at less intense pace than the other girl (on her right). Once you build yourself up then you can start following the girl (on her right) the way Jillian wants us to do the workout :smile:

Good luck to you and everyone else at level 1 :flowerforyou:

p.s. make sure you guys do extra stretching before and after....I found that doing so will help with being sore.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 5 done for me and I got some heavier 'weights' this afternoon, bigger water bottles :laugh:

I hope my arms won't be too sore tomorrow :noway:
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I got heavier weights too,. I started with my bricks LOL

the only downfall is, when I`m doing the chest things with the weights up in the air, the old mortar falls off the bricks into my face :noway:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh my gosh...i just got done with day 2 level 2 about 5 mins ago. *sweating* If I don't see results by the end of these 30 days I'll be extremely surprised. *takes a deep breath* I think it's time for a shower lol

Hope everyone did well today!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Good work ladies!!!!

I swear, it is day 4, and I feel a MAJOR difference! I seriously feel that my shoulders and my stomach is looking better already - is that even possible?

I'm hooked!

Hubby did it tonight - he thought it would be a piece of cake, and that man was sweating! He used his P90X dumbells, and I'm not kidding, Jillian kicked his butt!!!
    :tongue:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Day 6 done, with heavier weights I might add ( 2 L bottles :laugh: )

I can honestly feel the difference in my arms from using the heavier weights...OUCH...but a good ouch
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Good work WantToBeMoreActive!!!!

How's everyday doing today????

I'm off for a run and a SHRED!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and really starting to see a difference in my edurance and my body. Did you know that I have calves??? I saw one for the first time since I got married 7 years ago!!! I was so excited I had to show my hubby!!! He just kindof laughed and told me how good I was doing and he could tell a difference. I can''t wait to start level 2. I got this DVD when it first came ourt and I never got out of level 1. Sounds like everyone is doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Wow sounds like you ladies are doing a great job! :happy: I see some of you are seeing a difference in certain parts of your body and with endurance. :smile: That's so great, congrats!
    I feel like I lost some inches in my waist and arms. I don't want to measure myself until I'm done with the shred....kind of like a surprise thing lol

So, on the first level I wasn't sore or feeling any sort of aches after each day of the shred...but yesterday morning and this morning I'm def feeling sore! Level 2 works out completely different muscles as well as the same muscles as level 1. It's so much fun tho! I can't wait until you guys get to level 2 :happy:

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Good work everyone!

Yay for Thin4Payton! That is awesome! I really see a difference, and now I am pesstering hubby, "Do you see a difference? Do ya?".
    :tongue:

Can't wait to weigh and measure on Monday! I hope to see an improvement - but even if I don't - I know it's just glycogen in my muscles and fluid, because I've stuck to my calories 100% and worked my butt off!

Let's have a great POSITIVE day!!!!
    :smile:
  • misty589
    Options
    day 5 done :)
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    day 4 done, only burned 110 cal. 152 max HR, 113 avg. HR

I had to tke it easier today as my knees are really sre, not sure if i should take a break from it for a day or not, anyone else have this happen to them?
  • misty589
    Options
    I wish I had a hrm, I'm logging it under circuit training and it says about 200 cals I don't want to be overeating because i thouhgt I burned more than i did kwim?

I'd say if your knees were too sore to do the video properly then you should probably take a day off, im sure it won't hurt. I took wednesday off
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    What video is this and where can I get it? It sounds interesting.
  • 135gratitude
    Options

The DVD is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and you can pick it up at Amazon, Wal-mart, HMV, etc! Mine was dirt cheap at $11.99!

It is AWESOME!!!!

Today was the third day in a row when I did it in addition to a run - I'm actually feeling pretty exhuasted today!

Have a great one everyone!
  • swishpete
    swishpete Posts: 15
    Options

If you have comcast cable on demand look in the exercise tv category under Jillian Micheals- it's free
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    or you can just go to YouTube and type in 30 day shred and they have all 3 levels on there
  • nazykatz
    nazykatz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! Not a new "shredder", but new to MFP today.
    I got this video for Christmas. I pop it in now and then, but the longest I've done is 5 days in a row. (level one, obviously).
    After reading all of your posts, I am re-energized and re-committed!!!! I love your enthusiasm for the sweat... and the sore muscles... and the creative equipment (bricks?? really??? LOL :laugh: )

So, I'm joining the Shred Thread today with my Day 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Renee

SW: 151
    CW: 150
    GW: 135

233065.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary