Anyone want to start 30 day shred with me?

Options

Replies

• 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    May I also join? :flowerforyou: I would REALLY like to lose 2lbs per week throughout the summer.

I love the Shred DVD, and haven't done it in months! I will do it every other day (I seriously need a day of rest in between - I am SO sore the day after).
    :flowerforyou:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Yes Betty76 please join us :flowerforyou:

We might have some questions for you along the way since you did it before :laugh:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome WantToBeMoreActive (and MsKellyw!)

Okay ladies.... here goes.....

height 5'8"
    BMI - 25.2 (OH MY - I am technically "overweight"!!!)

weight - 165.5
    bust - 40
    rib cage - 32
    waist - 31
    hips - 43.5
    butt - 42.5
    l arm - 13.75
    l thigh - 26
    l knee - 15.25
    l calf - 16.5

Do we / shall we post these every Monday?

Shred was GREAT today! I might try and do it tomorrow without a rest day, but I may need to just do cardio. I have only ever done level 1 (and only a few times) but I think it is doable!

My goal is to be able to do a real push up. I can do about 10 "girl" push ups right now.
    :blushing:
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that I am much less sore this morning after day 2 than I was the morning after day 1 :) YAY! getting stronger already
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    I am happy to report that I am much less sore this morning after day 2 than I was the morning after day 1 :) YAY! getting stronger already

that's funny because when I woke up this morning (after my day 2) my shins & quads were sore :angry:

I did day 3 anyway today so I'll be very interested to see how my legs are tomorrow. :huh:
  • misty589
    Options
    every body is different i guess. I can still feel it but yesterday I could hardly get out of bed LOL
    I haven't done it yet today but I will
  • misty589
    Options
    Day 3 down! I feel stronger already!!!
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    yeah misty589 :smile:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down!!!

I FINALLY was able to get this in today!! burned 135 cal. ok, now off too run on my treadmill!!!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I;d love to get in on this if it's not too late! I have been doing the shred for a week, but I want to keep motivated. I will post my starting weight and measurements asap. I'm at work now, but I will get them posted.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I just finished the Shred - it was GREAT! IT took 26 minutes, and I burned 260 calories according to my HRM!

My heart rate takes a serious dip during the crunches (down to the low 100's) - but I guess that is okay. I get tempted to jump up and do some jumping jacks to get it back up!

Anyone else wear a HRM?
  • Mom_To_5
    Options
    I just finished the Shred - it was GREAT! IT took 26 minutes, and I burned 260 calories according to my HRM!

My heart rate takes a serious dip during the crunches (down to the low 100's) - but I guess that is okay. I get tempted to jump up and do some jumping jacks to get it back up!

Anyone else wear a HRM?

I have a HRM monitor as well. I know what you mean about doing the crunches and your HR dropping.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    id love to join! i am starting today!!! will do my measurements tonight!
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Anyone else wear a HRM?

I have a HRM monitor as well. I know what you mean about doing the crunches and your HR dropping.

It's like interval training! During certain moves (e.g. the side lunges and shoulder raises) my heart rate can go as high as 160, and then jumping jacks around 130, and then crunches 100, and then up and down again! I believe that is good for cardio conditioning though!

What do you burn in teh 20-30 minutes? A similar amount? I'm just curious!
    :smile:
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi guys! I've got a SUPER busy day today! Work then school then more work and then babysitting! I had just enough time to run home and do the Shred, so I thought I'd just check-in and say hi. I should have more time tomorrow!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sorry ladies, I'm going to have to bow out! Doctor's orders. I have been having foot pain for about a month and now he wants me to only do no-impact excercises for 3 weeks! He doesn't want me to have to have surgery.

-Good luck to you all! I will keep checking in on you guys!
  • Mom_To_5
    Options

Anyone else wear a HRM?

It's like interval training! During certain moves (e.g. the side lunges and shoulder raises) my heart rate can go as high as 160, and then jumping jacks around 130, and then crunches 100, and then up and down again! I believe that is good for cardio conditioning though!

I burned 135 calories yesterday when i did it, just finihsing my breakfast and getting ready to do it again. i will let you know what my HRM says after i do it.
    Everyone will be different depending on their weight, height and how much they have been working out and how ong as well etc........ Just for some sort of compairison i am 5 ft and about 108-110 lbs, (keeps fluctuating) and am almost at my goal weight.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Sorry ladies, I'm going to have to bow out! Doctor's orders. I have been having foot pain for about a month and now he wants me to only do no-impact excercises for 3 weeks! He doesn't want me to have to have surgery.

-Good luck to you all! I will keep checking in on you guys!

Oh no!!! Sorry to hear this. Take good care of yourself and that foot!
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Anyone else wear a HRM?

I burned 135 calories yesterday when i did it, just finihsing my breakfast and getting ready to do it again. i will let you know what my HRM says after i do it.
    Everyone will be different depending on their weight, height and how much they have been working out and how ong as well etc........ Just for some sort of compairison i am 5 ft and about 108-110 lbs, (keeps fluctuating) and am almost at my goal weight.

You are right - comparing apples and oranges! You must be really shocked when you hear people saying they burn 1000 calories in an hour!!!! I burn about 500-600 for a full out cardio session (treadmill running, elliptical, etc), but I am 5'8" and 165 pounds! (BMI 25.2)
  • hoguewild
    hoguewild Posts: 12
    Options
    Just to give you guys a little motivation...

I'm starting day 9 (doing the DVD every day, so it's literally been 9 days), I took my measurements on day 1 and day 7. Though my weight loss has been minimal, I've lost 1.5 inches each on my waist and hips and 1 inch each on my chest and thighs (somehow gained 2 inches on my calves, but they are definitely getting cut).

So all the pain and sweat is worth it. You really WILL see change if you stick with it!! :)