Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    mybreakfast.png

Note that I cook my eggs in ziploc bags put in boiling water to avoid oil/butter.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My fav is spinach in a ramekin topped with an egg and some cheese and baked. It's about 250 cals and very filling
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My go-to is 1 organic cage-free brown egg scrambled with 2-3 egg whites, mix a bit of red or green bell pepper, maybe some onions, sprinkle some Horizon organic shredded cheese, top with pepper (I recently found out that pepper helps speed up the metabolism!) I like to put jalapenos sometimes, or even a slice or two of avocado or tomato!

Generally runs in the 200-300 cal range. Yummmmm and full of delicious nutrients to kick-start your day!
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    83316661826653658_iHSFSxM6_f.jpg

Huevos Rancheros- 2 eggs, sweet potato homefries and a small apple, cut into wedges. The eggs were placed over the homefries and salsa was poured over the eggs. I would estimate the calories at around 300-350

83316661826653665_p91JlfyE_c.jpg

Scrambled eggs with diced up jalapeno and green bell peppers (with more tabasco sauce poured over the eggs), with some green bell pepper stripes and sliced strawberries on the side, with 2 strips of turkey bacon. Calorie estimate at around 270-300

If you can't tell, the majority of my breakfasts revolve around eggs :love:
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm always in a rush on a morning so usually end up grabbing 2 alpen light bars (70 cals each) or having bran flakes with skimmed milk (around 210 cals), bananas are also great as a mid morning snack for around 70 cals.
  • smiller9
    smiller9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbond80
    jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Picture095.jpg
    english muffin 140, poached egg 70, spinach leaves & a slice of tomatoe!
  • lrcross
    lrcross Posts: 42
    Options
    Most mornings I have cereal with almond milk and homemade rooibos chai (tea and vanilla soy w/ sugar) which is under 300 cal. If I add strawberries, it is just over 300 cal.

Also switch up with cinnamon english muffin, poached egg, a roma tomato, strawberries and my tea...385 cal. Or 2 soft scrambled eggs, sauteed spinach, mushrooms, with kiwi and fresh grapefruit juice...365 cal.

I do not want a boring breakfast.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    83316661826653658_iHSFSxM6_f.jpg

Huevos Rancheros- 2 eggs, sweet potato homefries and a small apple, cut into wedges. The eggs were placed over the homefries and salsa was poured over the eggs. I would estimate the calories at around 300-350

If you can't tell, the majority of my breakfasts revolve around eggs :love:

I'm so making this for breakfast tomorrow!

I typically put spinach, chop up an onion, some mushrooms, and whatever other veggies I'm craving into a pan, and cook them down, then I crack two eggs on top of it, cover it, and cook it. Then i have 3 large strawberries, 1/2 cup blackberries, and 1/2 cup raspberries.

Today, I had healthy pancakes

1/4 cup oats
    1 banana
    3 egg whites
    1 egg

came out to 373 cals, 23 grams of protein, then I stopped with a little pb
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    This week my fixation has been:

1/3 c egg whites
    3 slices of turkey bacon
    1 whole wheat bagel thin
    and a sprinkle of shredded non-fat cheese

I usually also have some sort of fruit every morning regardless of what else I have. Fruit is my morning pick me up.
  • Jumpinsticks
    Options
    This is something that I love for breakfast. Or lunch... Or dinner. It's just good. You can taylor it or dress it up for a different meal, like adding pesto or salsa or something. I like it just like this. I know some people will be like 'chicken for breakfast?' I'm not a big sausage or bacon fan on a regular basis, so yes... Chicken. Occasionally I do switch it up with some thin sweet italian sausage slices instead of chicken, (A friend of mine likes it with both on, but she's not watching her calories!), and occasionally sautee some spinach, but the simple version is always the best to me.

Toast up half a whole wheat english muffin.
    Top that with sliced grilled or roasted chicken breast Top that with about a teaspoon of shredded parmasean cheese.
    Pop that in the oven and broil it till the cheese melts.
    Do a sunny side up egg. I use some olive oil cooking spray and a non-stick pan.
    Slice of tomato on top of the chicken and then top that with the egg. It's important that the yolk is still runny, otherwise the whole thing is just extra dry.
    It's around 270 calories if you use a thin layer of chicken.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today - Egg white & parmesan cheese omelet with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onions, red/yellow peppers, diced pineapple and kiwi, 2 strips turkey bacon

DSCN0295.jpg?t=1336229460
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    mix some different fruits into your oatmeal like berries :D or put apples in them and cinnamon
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today was 3 egg whites scrambled, 3 slices of canteloupe and one slice of lightly buttered toast (bread made by local bakery - its awesome!) and 2 cups of coffee with half and half. Came in at 394 cals.

My usual during the week is a greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of fiber one original cereal mixed in. And the coffee...can't live without coffee. Those are around 300 calorie breakfasts.
  • TheReese1206
    TheReese1206 Posts: 238
    Options
    My favorite is....

5eggs whites
    2cups of spinach
    1/4 sweet onion
    6 cherry tomatoes
    1/4cup feta

I cook the onion in a skillet till they are softened, then add the egg and spinach till egg is almonst done, then add tomatoes. I put it in my bowl and feta and chow down :)
  • southernbelle85
    Options
    I eat Fage 2%greek yogurt with about a tsp of honey, 12 almonds and some kind of fruit. Lately grapes have been tasting very good so I've been adding about 10 grapes to my yogurt. I found this combination keeps me full longer than any other breakfast.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Many mornings I don't eat breakfast..... 0 is definitely < 400
  • mrscarrey
    mrscarrey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    2 friend eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 cups of coffee with 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream and splenda. approx 350 calories (I don't watch calories though).
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Philadelphia - Whipped Cream Cheese, 1.5 tbsp (15g) 45
    Thomas' - Bagels Cinnamon Raisan, 0.5 bagel 135
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 1 large 78
    Dole - Fresh-Cut Pineapple, 8 oz. ( 1 cup) 120
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    So Delicious (*Canada*) - Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk Beverage, 1 cup (240ml)

Butter - Salted, 1 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high)
    Egg Ornan - Egg Whites (5) Raw, 3 egg whites
    Kashi - Go Lean Crisp! - Toasted Berry Crumble *Correct, 0.33 cup
    Kroger - Coconut Sweetened Shredded, 1 TBSP
    Chobani Greek Yogurt - Vanilla Non-Fat, 3 oz
    Mangos - Raw, 0.5 fruit without refuse

I heated the sliced mango in a non stick skillet with a little butter and cinnamon. Beat 3 egg whites. Added a handlful of kashi (you could sprinkle on top or eliminate for less carbs and calories) and some shredded coconut. Add to the mango. Cook until eggs are done. Sprinkle with more coconut and a touch of cinnamon. Top with a little yogurt.
    Like eating dessert fort breakfast!