ladies help! my mom and girlfriend dont like each other

Options
123457»

Replies

• kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So Im taking my girlfriend to meet my mom for the first time and I notice that her skirt is kinda short and tight. I know my mom will notice this too but after a previous post I did on mfp where I was called a jerk several hundred times I decide not to mention anything to the girlfriend about her attire. At the dinner my mom says to the gf "so what do u do?" The gf says "I'm a project mgr for a fortune 500 co." My mom says " well with a skirt that tight and a Butt that big I bet u could make a fortune in the projects as a Hooker, hahaha " ( my mom like me lacks tact and is kinda getting senile). My gf is extremely offended and when we leave she says "I don't think I'm going to like your mom". My mom text me and says "your gf is a stick in the mud who dresses like a tramp I'm quite sure I'm not going to like her".

How should I go forward? Do I try to get them together again, leave the girlfriend, leave my mom (this is actually not an option) or not really care?

Anytime they make comments about each other, ignore them. If they don't get the hint than tell them you care about both of them and since they care about you they will try to get along and refrain from talking about someone you care about.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    sorry but your mother sounds like a horrible person! She needs to keep her mouth shut if she has nothing nice to say! AND she does'nt lack "tact" she is just outright RUDE. I don't blame your girlfriend for not liking her-I haven't met her and I would never want to!

Even though I also didn't/wouldn't wear anything inappropiate to meet my ex's Mum, I agree with you. She was WAY out of line.