Why do you "unfriend" people

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I havent unfriended anyone yet... but one unfriended me...maybe they didnt like Boobie Friday?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I havent unfriended anyone yet... but one unfriended me...maybe they didnt like Boobie Friday?

'Tits' ok....Thank you for keeping us 'abreast' of your Friday rituals though

LOL!!!
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't unfriend people, but on 2 different occasions my 3yr old son was playing with my phone and deleted a couple of ppl from my list... :grumble:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    People who are never on or don't log food or don't workout, I mean that's what this site is all about right? Oh and people, woman, who are overtly sexual and think this is a dating site.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    When people are netting about 17 calories a day, I just find it irritating.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I delete people whose name I do not recognize while scanning my Friend's List.

If I have been "friends" with someone for a reasonable amount of time and have rarely, if ever, interacted with him/her, I think it's fair to cut the person loose.

I also find myself deleting whiners, people who are chronically negative, and those who are easily-offended by things that strangers on the internet say.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just don't add anyone so I never have to delete them.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Many reasons:

1. You're not active
    2. You don't like my foul mouth
    3. We fundamentally disagree on something I value to the point it's a deal-breaker
    4. You're annoying
    5. You're too needy
    6. I got trigger happy...

It happens.
    I have deleted for any of the above reasons...#3 particularly
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Many reasons:

1. You're not active
    2. You don't like my foul mouth
    3. We fundamentally disagree on something I value to the point it's a deal-breaker
    4. You're annoying
    5. You're too needy
    6. I got trigger happy...

It happens.

Yup.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i defined people who never comment back after I am supportive to them,but observe that they comment on other people. I give them about 6 weeks then delete them. I make a very conscious effort to comment on ALL my friends who post their workouts,exercises and funny remarks wherever possible, and not just with cheap 'wtg's, ', either.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Condolences.jpg

here ya go, hope this helps
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've unfriended a couple of people who pretty much did nothing but whine about what wasn't working for them but kept doing the exact same things. I also got rid of someone who was posting way too much and using MFP kind of like it was Facebook or Twitter.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I pick two people at random and make them fight for my affection. Winner stays, loser gets the axe.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I deleted everybody. Why have a list of people you know are going to atta girl/boy you and you back at them. Pointless. I like being accountable to myself because I know I am more critical and demanding of myself than anyone else. Hey, if I goof up, I fricken know it and correct it. I don't need anyone telling me "it's okay, don't give up". It's not.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I will delete for a couple reasons but they are all listed on my profile.

1) eating a total calories below 1200. We all have a bad day or something happens and we might fall below, but if it is all the time I cannot support that. I am a BIG believer in eating more to lose... EAT YOUR BMR!
    2) you haven't logged on in a month... now people have said that they are going through crap in life and I will stick with them. But if you haven't said anything and then you are gone forever= hmmmm. I will post a comment on their wall to see if they are coming back, if nothing after another week: bye
    3) The whining that someone does about not losing weight. Specially if they won't take advice from friends that have had sucess or stick with something long enough to see if it works.

I want people that are dedicated and healthy... this is a lifestyle change for me and I want support for that. I need people that understand that and will support me. I give plenty of support and encouragement to my friends. If that is not returned then I don't feel the need to support you either. I am not a "friend collector".
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *lick lick* Hi Brett.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I pick two people at random and make them fight for my affection. Winner stays, loser gets the axe.
    Bahahaha!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    cos im a b*tch

This... 100% this... I do not feel I need to explain why I delete people.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    *lick lick* Hi Brett.

**shoves**

Hiya Brett *nibble nibble**
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    In honor of this thread, I just deleted 5 people.