Why do you "unfriend" people

Options

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    lol am I the only person who actually *knows* all of her friends? (; I don't add people... I get it, it's not the same as say... Facebook... but still... I don't know you ;P I'm not going to just start talking with you (; that being said I'm fine with people who've messaged me with advice or asked questions even. If I can help out that's great, whether I know you or not. And if you can help me, then I'm more than happy to take your advice(: but we don't have to be *friends*.

I started that way. Some of the people on the forums are just far too cool to resist. You'll see.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Many reasons:

1. You're not active
    2. You don't like my foul mouth
    3. We fundamentally disagree on something I value to the point it's a deal-breaker
    4. You're annoying
    5. You're too needy
    6. I got trigger happy...

It happens.

pretty much exactly this.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how I've only got one friend, and it's my wife, I think it would be a pretty substantial disaster if I unfriended anyone.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    I haven't actually unfriended anyone yet. I like to keep me list low, because I want to keep up with my friends on MFP and offer encouragement. I look for people my age and with the same goals that I have when I get a friend request and please put in a message about why you think I need to accept your friend request. Also, I want to be able to look at your food diary. If you are only doing 700 calories a day and those meals consisted of coffee and Lite Beer and Ramamen noddles- we are not at the same place in our goals.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I take them off if they have been inactive for 7 days and/or don't comment. I like to keep my friends list manageable so I can comment and offer support daily.

^^this
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I don't delete anyone. I know that a lot of people will delete friends that have been inactive for awhile. I figure everyone has issues and they will need a friend if they get back on track. Obviously if someone were offensive or if I found we were completely wrong as friends, I would delete, but that hasn't happened as of yet. Don't sweat it, if you were being a good friend, it's their loss.

^^^^This for me also^^^
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    If they are not supporting and being active, they have to go.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Because I wanna surround myself with BA people! They don't have to look BA yet but they need to have a good attitude! If people are whining about crap all the time (why didn't I lose a pound this week, wah wah wah) or just in general being buzzkills - they get the axe. Also, if they aren't interacting with me. I give out a lot of support and darn it, I expect some back! :D Show me your friends and I'll show you your future - that's my mantra baby!

Like! And tell me how you are getting that body! WOW, amazing!
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    people posting things completely unrelated to this site, every hour... or guys making sexual/ flirting comments
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    As another poster said, I delete people who treat this like twitter. If you are flooding my feed with non helpful things and I am get annoyed with constants posts that seem to be searching for sympathy multiply times a day then sorry I am not the person that will be feeding into that. I understand people need constant reassurance, but seriously!!!! Example: "Ugh I feel so ugly and unloved today" Okay if I see this post I am going to give you some encouragement along with the other 200 people you are friends with; however, if you post something similar to this 12 times a day sorry I can't help you.
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    When they haven't been on for more than 10 days, I do check their profile normally they mention their going away but if not I delete them. Also If I notice I don't have much in common with them x
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    There are many reasons... it happens... I have a bit of a jealous streak in me (yes... those damn insecurities)... my issue... but also my right and my choice to delete you if you hurt me or do something that I simply don't agree with or can't handle. I used to have 273 friends at one time... there's a reason I only have 69 (was down to 40 at one point).
  • Dangerdat
    Dangerdat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I unfriend skinny people.
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    I have deleted a few. For being inappropriate, constant negativity, talking down to others and a few other reasons. I want the people on my friends list to be supportive, positive and uplifting. I can understand having a bad day but when its constant.....I can't handle it.
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    only if they've inactive for 30 days or more w/o explaining.....why have ppl that aren't doing what they're here for?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I keep my friend list to a minimum because I only want ones that I interact with, and in turn, interact with me. So if I'm not interacting with you, and vice versa, I just delete.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I dropped a few yesterday because they had not logged on in over 6 months or so and some had deleted their membership. The others that has not logged on for 2 months or less, I sent an e-mail to get them back on it.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    I worry that the few friends i have on here might delete me because i dont participate in conversations very much. I'm just shy though, i do go through and read everything and keep up with whats going on with my friends, but most of the time i talk myself out of commenting or posting stuff because i dont want to sound annoying or dumb.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have one friend on my list who I'm friends with IRL.
    People noise tires me out and I prefer to be alone or in the company of one or two at a time.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have only unfriended once - they were constantly posting about everything, filling my pages so much that I couldn't keep track of all my other friends. I do not delete inactive posters, because if they are inactive, they are temporarily invisible, and I'll want to catch up to them when they come back. I can't comment to every person every day, but try to keep up a steady stream of encouragement across the board.