Options

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Many reasons:

1. You're not active
    2. You don't like my foul mouth
    3. We fundamentally disagree on something I value to the point it's a deal-breaker
    4. You're annoying
    5. You're too needy
    6. I got trigger happy...

It happens.
    I have deleted for any of the above reasons...#3 particularly

#4 for me....I've even hid them, but I guess the annoying vibe is still there, because I delete them anyway.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    that have been part of your friends list? I mean, if they are posting stuff that is offensive, or never logging on and giving things a try, I can understand, but if you have had someone on your list, and have conversed with them practically every day for the last 4 months, and then just boom, they are gone? Just dont get it....kinda hurts ya know?

oh well, life goes on.

You know, supportive is one of those terms that is used to describe how others perceive you. You can't help it if you don't fill the bill of a supportive friend for someone else. If you invested in that person and they didn't appreciate you, you really should just resolve with yourself that it is their problem, and concentrate on people who do appreciate you. :flowerforyou:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    cos im a b*tch
    This... 100% this... I do not feel I need to explain why I delete people.
    And it shouldn't have to be explained to the person. If someone deletes me, I don't want to know about it. I treat others with the same courtesy.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I havent unfriended anyone yet... but one unfriended me...maybe they didnt like Boobie Friday?

'Tits' ok....Thank you for keeping us 'abreast' of your Friday rituals though

LOL!!!

BAHAHAHA! clever!:drinker:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My friends list is all over the place. I sometimes think people are too sensitive on here especially when they don't receive constant attention. I don't delete anyone though, figured they added me for a reason/vice versa.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Because I can
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    In honor of this thread, I just deleted 5 people.

*looks* Nope, not me. Awesome.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I pick two people at random and make them fight for my affection. Winner stays, loser gets the axe.

Yeah... Brett's Fight Club!! Woohoo!! :drinker:
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    1. People who haven't logged on in a month
    2. People who are extremely offensive (and I am not easily offended)
    3. People who really get on my nerves
    4. Thinking about deleting people who never respond when I comment on their posts or don't comment on mine either. I give lots of support and don't expect you to comment on every post but you could help a sista out sometimes....

This for me too, with the exception of not logging in for a month(+) if I know there is a reason for it...but most especially #3. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, and not all personalities mesh well. I don't require the world to like me and I feel no need to stay "friends" with people who annoy me. Heck, I deleted my own cousin on FB just because he got on my nerves so bad :bigsmile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    *lick lick* Hi Brett.
    **shoves**

Hiya Brett *nibble nibble**

See? Just like that. Now ease up on the hair pulling ladies. Oh who am I kidding? Go at it!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Because they haven't paid the friend fee.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    that have been part of your friends list? I mean, if they are posting stuff that is offensive, or never logging on and giving things a try, I can understand, but if you have had someone on your list, and have conversed with them practically every day for the last 4 months, and then just boom, they are gone? Just dont get it....kinda hurts ya know?

oh well, life goes on.

someone randomly unfriended me, then friended me again because she said it was an accident (didn't notice that one) but then unfriended me again, lol (internetprobz)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *lick lick* Hi Brett.

**shoves**

Hiya Brett *nibble nibble**

B*tch, two can play at this game!!

*grabs the nearest flogger and...*

Wait... Did I just see something shiny??
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I deleted all of my friends a few months ago except the ones I knew personally and only recently started adding people again if they send a request. I no longer send requests myself. I did this because it was just too much of a chore and some people would get all bent out of shape if they saw that you commented on a mutual friends' update and didn't comment on theirs.

My profile states that I'm focusing on myself and I suck at being supportive (because I'm focusing on myself). I try to comment when I have time, but I don't make it a priority.

I have deleted people before though just because they were EXTREMELY annoying or just plain stupid. Only a couple of those though.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Because they haven't paid the friend fee.

Oooh, I think I'm late on payment....I better get on that....*thinks about an appropriate payment* Hmmmmm....
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    they dont talk with me
    they dont take any feedback or listen to advice (im talking about explaining how many calories they should be getting, they ignore it and only eat 800)
    they say trigger words
    my biggest one is if people are downers. i get really depressed sometimes and to come on every day and see someone saying all negitive is to hard for me. especially if we arnt close. i would never delete someone who im close with (talk every day to tho)
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    My friends list is all over the place. I sometimes think people are too sensitive on here especially when they don't receive constant attention. I don't delete anyone though, figured they added me for a reason/vice versa.

Agreed.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I unfriend two types of people:

1) the ones that are never on. there's no point in me having you... i don't collect people for the sake of collecting them. If we don't converse somewhat then why bother

2) the ones that feel the need to post about their naughty time every five minutes. I really don't care what you are doing with that vegetable, inanimate object, or random stranger that thinks you are hot.

THIS.... non-communicators, or offensive posts & they are gone. time is too short to put up with this...imho
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Because I don't like them, or they stop logging on, or I never hear from them.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Because she made a post that literally made me want to pull my hair out about whether or not eating one protein bar a day would make you fat, and the mouse kinda ouija-board willed it to the delete button and I was helpless to stop it.