Harsh words & bashing instead of support & motivation?

Options

Replies

• somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Does this old-post-being-searched-and-becoming-popular thing happen often? *coughapril2012cough*
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    Well said. Xx world need s more people like you
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Does this old-post-being-searched-and-becoming-popular thing happen often? *coughapril2012cough*

How does it compare to the thread you started? Lessons?
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options

It doesn't really. My thread was MUCH longer. Props to me.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree, thank you for posting this! I've seen so many people post rude, demeaning, and sarcastic comments to people's questions. I hope they realize that it isn't okay.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    This again? Really?

RollingEyesGIF.gif
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I love studying the kinds of posts that people write in the forums. Like... what kinds of topics trend well with tickers that never move? Just a little MFP fun fact. The message is more important than it's giftwrapping :heart:

My thoughts exactly.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The topic started 24th April 2012? but kudos to you all for keeping it going
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    #InForSnarkyComments
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Also I think some people don't realize that what worked for them might not work for someone else and if you state what works for you you get jumped on. I always make a point of stating that what I'm saying is what worked for me and that everyone is different. I still get flack for it and told that I'm wrong or doing it wrong or whatever.

(an example that comes to mind are the constant questions about eating back exercise calories).

I was bashed to H!@# for saying that i stay away from too much sodium and man made chemicals in food. The thought was that even heating food casues a chemical reaction...REALLY??? that the same as eating PHOSPORIC ACID??
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Also I think some people don't realize that what worked for them might not work for someone else and if you state what works for you you get jumped on. I always make a point of stating that what I'm saying is what worked for me and that everyone is different. I still get flack for it and told that I'm wrong or doing it wrong or whatever.

(an example that comes to mind are the constant questions about eating back exercise calories).

I was bashed to H!@# for saying that i stay away from too much sodium and man made chemicals in food. The thought was that even heating food casues a chemical reaction...REALLY??? that the same as eating PHOSPORIC ACID??

Why do you hate potatoes?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I agree, thank you for posting this! I've seen so many people post rude, demeaning, and sarcastic comments to people's questions. I hope they realize that it isn't okay.

Why do you have to be so mean?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    post-27657-crazy-hat-with-bread-on-head-g-Tnb2.gif

eta: I'm loving the audible 'whooosh' I can hear as the point of this particular threadcromance goes over the heads of those who need to listen.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Why do you have to be so mean?

tumblr_mbfjlx73mh1rol1w1.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I love studying the kinds of posts that people write in the forums. Like... what kinds of topics trend well with tickers that never move? Just a little MFP fun fact. The message is more important than it's giftwrapping :heart:
    Yeah that's part of the research I want to do. It definitely appears that people who complain about other people being "mean" on an internet forum aren't nearly as successful. I wonder if it is a result of externalizing control/blame.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Glad to see the OP has overcome all the meanness and went on to be successful and...

Wait what?

Oh.

I see.

Carry on.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

It doesn't really. My thread was MUCH longer. Props to me.

Bah! I like this one she's a scamper
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason.

Still?
    mmhmm
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    The topic started 24th April 2012? but kudos to you all for keeping it going
    So.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    No, wait... I thought people were only mean on this forum recently, and that everything was kittens and rainbows way back when! :sad:

Have I been lied to???? What if NOW is when everyone's nice, and the worse is yet to come???