I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see one post about women lifting that doesn't distil down to 'I'd do her vs I wouldn't do her".

*sigh* So sick of this idea that women can be based around doable or not and that's it- she has no purpose other than as a hot pocket for whoever wants her. As if the worst insult is to have someone decree them 'undoable'- and to impressionable young adults reading this- they believe it because it keeps getting pushed on them.
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I'm proud of my muscles and after lifting for a few months I can proudly say I'm in the best shape of my life and I have muscles to prove it!!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How could anybody not appreciate a girl with muscles? What, are we all supposed to be stick figures or something?
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If you dont lift about 22% of your total weight loss will be from lean muscle!! So lift and be thrilled with your results or keep being a cardio bunny and end up not being happy with how you look even after you reached or even surpassed your goal!! Dont end up looking like a jellyfish!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

i think there is a difference between fit muscles, being sexy, ie this
    muscle1.jpg
    and creepy muscles, ie this
    muscles.gif

To each their own. Whatever makes the woman feel more confident in achieving what she wants...HoofukingRah!

Holy crap the lower pic works out at my gym! Dayum, I gotta out lift her tonight. Woman scares me everytime I see her. I feel like she could bend me over and have her way with me.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I am pro whatever people want to look like lol. If being cut makes you happy awesome, if not awesome. Let's just be healthy and stop talking badly about each other. It annoys me. =]

This isn't about being cut =(. It's about being strong...add 5% bodyfat to the most ripped (meaning cut) woman you ever saw, and you'll be SHOCKED at how incredibly feminine and shaped she is.

I just don't get why it's anyones business what other people look like. Mind your body and not others. This site it supposed to help people, not tell them that you don't like their body style.

This thread was started BECAUSE of all the trolls bashing women who lift. Please...I know your heart is in the right place, but go complain to them. You'll NEVER see one of these ladies bashing someone thin, or fat, or anything else...without being provoked first.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

muscle1.jpg
    muscles.gif

To each their own. Whatever makes the woman feel more confident in achieving what she wants...HoofukingRah!

Holy crap the lower pic works out at my gym! Dayum, I gotta out lift her tonight. Woman scares me everytime I see her. I feel like she could bend me over and have her way with me.

It's ok, even with as much steroids as she's clearly used, her little woman penis would probably only hurt a little bit.

:laugh:

Edit - And don't you DARE tell her I said that lol!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Never ever wanted to lift a barbell.. Only wanted to do machines and dumbbells.

Then my trainer got me started on barbell lifting and now I'm hooked... Got better looking, *kitten*, ab's and arms then I ever did before.

Lift ladies.. and enjoy the results :)

When I started to strength train then went back to more cardio, I sooo miss the weights and want to incorporate them more into my workout then cardio at times.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Check out www.BuffMother.com I think she is hot. Also on bodybuilding.com there are many buff ladies that are just stunning. So ladies go for it!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I don't want to bother with the picture posting, but I made my profile public for a little while.

Please don't be frightened by the MONSTER at the end of this book. I'm an ANIMAL.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

muscle1.jpg
    muscles.gif

It's ok, even with as much steroids as she's clearly used, her little woman penis would probably only hurt a little bit.

:laugh:

I think she stands and pees in the mens locker room too. I saw her doing up right rows with 100 lbs. and I was like I can do that so I'm safe today. 45lb plate stealing freak in the gym. lmao
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    How could anybody not appreciate a girl with muscles? What, are we all supposed to be stick figures or something?

How could anybody not appreciate a stick figure? What, are we all supposed to have muscles or something.

It just comes down to personal preference.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Psst: Lets not bash the body builder lady either. She obviously works hard (and uses steroids) and likes how she looks so more power to her.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy **** and put it back down, repeatedly - and it makes me happy every time I add another 5lbs to the bar.
    On the other hand, I do not heart deadlifts, but give me backsquats, cleans and push presses almost anytime!

I hate deadlifts. And now I can only do three body weight reps of deadlifts, but can do 1.3x body weight squats past parallel not atg... I feel like I'm imbalanced because people typically deadlift more than they squat!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Here's a serious question for you ladies - I'm definitely showing my age here, Cory Everson, Joyce Vederal used to peak my interest back in the day. While I don't want to go quite that far, what is the best route to go as far as training? I am still "obese" and currently just doing cardio but I would ideally like to skip the whole "skinny fat" phase. Power 90 had caught my attention. Any ideas on what I should do or if I should be starting now?

Cory Everson??

79286.jpg

You're not getting that body without professional, if not chemical help.

Joyce on the other hand...much more realistic.

Vedral.jpg

Pick up a good strength training program...stronglifts, or even NRoL4W...NOW. Do minimal cardio on your off days (2x a week), and get your diet in check...and you'll be halfway there already.

Hahahahaha, I said I DIDN'T want to go that far! And yes, I am definitely aware of the "assistance" required for a woman to get that big. Joyce was the only one I could think of for ladies fitness lifting, like I said, showing my age. I have looked at the stronglift and NWOL4W, damn, it's just a little intimidating for this old girl. I just might surprise you though!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy **** and put it back down, repeatedly - and it makes me happy every time I add another 5lbs to the bar.
    On the other hand, I do not heart deadlifts, but give me backsquats, cleans and push presses almost anytime!

I hate deadlifts. And now I can only do three body weight reps of deadlifts, but can do 1.3x body weight squats past parallel not atg... I feel like I'm imbalanced because people typically deadlift more than they squat!

I can deadlift 165 but only squat 120. :frown:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see one post about women lifting that doesn't distil down to 'I'd do her vs I wouldn't do her".

*sigh* So sick of this idea that women can be based around doable or not and that's it- she has no purpose other than as a hot pocket for whoever wants her. As if the worst insult is to have someone decree them 'undoable'- and to impressionable young adults reading this- they believe it because it keeps getting pushed on them.

^^^This X 1000
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

Your lady muscles are awesome! You look great!
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I so totally got into an argument like yesterday with my friend about weight training. She doesn't believe in weight training. She only runs. I made her do the turkey arm test. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. But i proved my point....lol