I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Leandro Carvalho isn't the only butt master by her pics.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Muscles and strength are great, ya just don't wanna look like these ladies(?)... http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Photos-Women-bodybuilders-compete-at-Emerald-Cup-148395585.html?tab=gallery&c=y&img=17

I do.

If you don't, then don't drop your body fat that low. You won't look like that by accident.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more beautiful than a strong body, whether it is a man or woman.

True statement. There I something about a a woman that has a strong back I totally dig.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that's an amazing butt!

Right? Time to increase my mileage! :bigsmile:

Why does everyone assume that chick is a runner? All the miles in the world won't give you her rear lol.

She's a sprinter - Alenka Bikar

or was, she's retired now

EDIT : Doh, LorinaLynn was too fast. :)

That's because I want a sprinter's *kitten*! :laugh:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Muscles and strength are great, ya just don't wanna look like these ladies(?)... http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Photos-Women-bodybuilders-compete-at-Emerald-Cup-148395585.html?tab=gallery&c=y&img=17
    Pointing to a bodybuilder competition as an example is ridiculous. Not only do those women pretty much dedicate their entire lives to looking like that, but they also go through very careful steps to specifically enhance those muscles for the competition, such as dehydration and strategic spray tans. They also do a couple exercises right before they go on stage to really make the muscles pop. But they only look like those pictures for a couple hours at a time.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I do.

If you don't, then don't drop your body fat that low. You won't look like that by accident.

So true. The diet and training programs those women go through is GRUELING!! I think they look fantastic, and most of them are a lot smaller in person than they look in pictures. Personally, I could never adhere to the diet needed to look like that, but more power to them! :flowerforyou:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I do.

This is something that seems very difficult for people to realize. Bodyfat makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in how a womans muscles appear. Bodyfat isn't evil, it isn't bad, it's necessary for life. Women naturally carry more than men...it's what rounds the edges and gives them smooth curves. HOWEVER, women who want LOWER than typical bodyfat levels aren't 'manly'. They simply have less bodyfat. Look up Zuzanna...with higher bodyfat, she's extremely smooth and feminine...lower bodyfat, more ripped and cut. It's not the muscle that made the difference.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you look.......
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love lifting heavy and having muscles!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I do.

This is something that seems very difficult for people to realize. Bodyfat makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in how a womans muscles appear. Bodyfat isn't evil, it isn't bad, it's necessary for life. Women naturally carry more than men...it's what rounds the edges and gives them smooth curves. HOWEVER, women who want LOWER than typical bodyfat levels aren't 'manly'. They simply have less bodyfat. Look up Zuzanna...with higher bodyfat, she's extremely smooth and feminine...lower bodyfat, more ripped and cut. It's not the muscle that made the difference.

All the women I posted on the first few pages of this thread have a higher body fat. Truthfully that's my goal, but I wouldn't mind looking like the Emerald Cup ladies either.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I think this is a little overboard...I mean, I recognize that you feel this way, I...as a man, simply don't agree. Are women objectified in todays society? Sure. Are men objectified in todays society? You bet.

If you don't believe me, go check out the 'shirtless men' thread.

:blushing:

Beauty period is objectified in todays society. More seriously though...I think it's because women are more sensitive to perceived implications than men are...that they take things wrong. Even when men flat out SAY 'I'd do her'...most of them would be scared to death had they the actual chance, and the ones blustering are usually the most terrified.

Also, as much as I like sex (and, I do), never...in my life, would I ever consider any woman 'a hot pocket for whoever wants her, unless she had already proven by her actions she was. Additionally, I'd likely break any man I felt were truly doing so to a woman in my presence. This has happened in the past.

I appreciate and value your opinions on many things- my feminism isn't one of them :wink:

I'm not talking about men- because this thread isn't about them. I stand up for guys too, all the time.

I don't think it's too far- hence my post. I hear you- I really do. I just disagree and think we ALL should be mindful of the message we are sending. The internet isn't a closed room- it's a huge open one that has a wide variety of people reading it. Shouldn't we try to uplift instead of judge as 'doable or not'. I don't want my nieces reading these threads- hard enough already to convince them they are worth more than their sexual availability. I dare say some people who post here wouldn't want their kids to read what they post either.

The problem is that instead of talking about hard work, gym time, personal non-objectified preference (some do get this correct and some don't)- the whole conversation is either - Yay! She's HOT! or Boo! She's NOT HOT!

This is the problem as I see it.
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    soccer moms with muscles are so much hotter to me these days then skinny college girls. all thanks to this site.

I think they call that "Muscle MILF." :)
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i like the way this is going....
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Pointing to a bodybuilder competition as an example is ridiculous. Not only do those women pretty much dedicate their entire lives to looking like that, but they also go through very careful steps to specifically enhance those muscles for the competition, such as dehydration and strategic spray tans. They also do a couple exercises right before they go on stage to really make the muscles pop. But they only look like those pictures for a couple hours at a time.

I don't know about dedicating our entire lives to it ... but to clarify dehydration is simply not in vogue any longer. Spray tanning/ comp tanning is so the lights don't drown us out on stage.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

I think this is a little overboard...I mean, I recognize that you feel this way, I...as a man, simply don't agree. Are women objectified in todays society? Sure. Are men objectified in todays society? You bet.

If you don't believe me, go check out the 'shirtless men' thread.

:blushing:

Beauty period is objectified in todays society. More seriously though...I think it's because women are more sensitive to perceived implications than men are...that they take things wrong. Even when men flat out SAY 'I'd do her'...most of them would be scared to death had they the actual chance, and the ones blustering are usually the most terrified.

Also, as much as I like sex (and, I do), never...in my life, would I ever consider any woman 'a hot pocket for whoever wants her, unless she had already proven by her actions she was. Additionally, I'd likely break any man I felt were truly doing so to a woman in my presence. This has happened in the past.

I appreciate and value your opinions on many things- my feminism isn't one of them :wink:

I'm not talking about men- because this thread isn't about them. I stand up for guys too, all the time.

I don't think it's too far- hence my post. I hear you- I really do. I just disagree and think we ALL should be mindful of the message we are sending. The internet isn't a closed room- it's a huge open one that has a wide variety of people reading it. Shouldn't we try to uplift instead of judge as 'doable or not'. I don't want my nieces reading these threads- hard enough already to convince them they are worth more than their sexual availability. I dare say some people who post here wouldn't want their kids to read what they post either.

The problem is that instead of talking about hard work, gym time, personal non-objectified preference (some do get this correct and some don't)- the whole conversation is either - Yay! She's HOT! or Boo! She's NOT HOT!

This is the problem as I see it.

This I can agree with honestly. Maybe it was the actual words used that triggered the 'overboard' response, rather than the message?

We will have to agree, to mostly agree!
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone, male or female, who has developed and can display muscles, is to be admired for that. They can get narcissistic about it sometimes, but if they have the discipline to make it happen, why not show off the results? I have lady muscles, but they are covered with fat and don't look like muscles until they're in use, so they don't show and no one knows I have them. If they did show, I wouldn't be displaying them any more than I do now (well, maybe the abs I would) anyway. The point is to be functionally strong and I don't understand why anyone would argue with that.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

I have to say that those spray tans are awful.
  • sanghera_04
    Options
    Gotta love a girl who's got a set of abs on her...
  • crisanderson27
    Options

I have to say that those spray tans are awful.

Uh...oh....
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am pro whatever people want to look like lol. If being cut makes you happy awesome, if not awesome. Let's just be healthy and stop talking badly about each other. It annoys me. =]

This isn't about being cut =(. It's about being strong...add 5% bodyfat to the most ripped (meaning cut) woman you ever saw, and you'll be SHOCKED at how incredibly feminine and shaped she is.

I just don't get why it's anyones business what other people look like. Mind your body and not others. This site it supposed to help people, not tell them that you don't like their body style.

This thread was started BECAUSE of all the trolls bashing women who lift. Please...I know your heart is in the right place, but go complain to them. You'll NEVER see one of these ladies bashing someone thin, or fat, or anything else...without being provoked first.

Perhaps not bashing, but I've seen plenty of "why wouldn't you want to lift heavy" or "why would you want to be skinny fat" and similar messages over and over again (and the responses are never appreciated even though people are being honest about their preferences not to have a certain body type). That is also criticizing someone else's personal choice about how they want their body to look. It might be more subtle, but it's not really any less rude. Now, making a declarative statement like, "This is why I lift heavy..." with awesome pics after, THAT'S empowering. But the other way is just veiled criticism of others.

ETA: and just saw a post about the "turkey arm test" and it "not being pretty" - yep, no bashing here. (Apologies to the turkey arm poster, as I agree, mine aren't pretty, either, lol, just making a point).

Note...I said 'without provocation'. These women have been provoked...repeatedly.

Additionally, I disagree that your suggested examples are 'veiled criticism'. This is the internet, everyone needs to grow a thicker skin...but if you'd been a part of the thread I was yesterday (about what weights to use to 'tone'...wow), you'd be a bit more understanding of why this thread has come to be.

Of course you disagree with it because you're on the other side of the argument. That's true of most arguments - people often have a harder time seeing the other side. That said, just because you don't agree doesn't mean it's not annoying to other people to hear it constantly, and I do think the things I mentioned here (about "why wouldn't you want this just because I want this" get thrown around a lot). I have no horse in this race, just reacting to what I see on the boards. And I don't think the criticisms are nearly as one sided as some people here (on either side) would like to believe.

I admit I wasn't in the thread you were in yesterday, so I may not know what provoked this thread, but on the other hand, I do know that there probably hasn't been a single thread in the history of internet forums that started with, "this annoys me, you should all stop doing it" that didn't degrade into the back and forth demonstrated here.

On the other hand, I got some good pickle jar opening tips I can use if I ever get stuck, so it's all good.