I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I by NO MEANS muscular but I was ECSTATIC yesterday when my trainer told me she's starting to see muscles in my arms when I'm doing my routine.

Congratulations!!! I hope one day I get there.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg
    I think I have my first girl crush - that *kitten* is effing amazing
    I second that......dayuuummmmm This is what I want
    [/quote]

Hmmm... think my 60 year old body can get back to that? Not that I had it exactly but it was not the jello that it is now!
    [/quote]

I wish I could find it now, but someone posted a picture on another thread a little while ago a picture of a lady who had a great physique - and she was 78 - so its never to late to start!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    fitness1.jpg

uhm can i look like this please?!

Looking at that pic I thought it was you. You guys have the same hair. Oh yeah and she looks great. I love fit woman.

I thought it was her too! Yes please! I want to look like that!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    CBCbrass I answered you on the message you sent me. Color transference is a fixable problem, but I needed more info from you to better address the answer for you.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg
    oh my gooodd!!
    naughty switch is on :devil: :devil:
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    main_allison.jpg
    Hmm. It says online that her body fat % is 7.1. I was surprised it was that high.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg

^^I third that! Who doesn't want to look like that? :love:
    BF also agrees :laugh:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg

To be fair this gal seems to have great genetics. She has a higher body fat than most body builders BUT it seems to all be in her *kitten* and not in her stomach at all.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg

To be fair this gal seems to have great genetics. She has a higher body fat than most body builders BUT it seems to all be in her *kitten* and not in her stomach at all.

Who is she? I wanna look her up.
  • Rae6503
    Options

Who is she? I wanna look her up.

Don't do it at work. She has nude photos out...

Jaime Koeppe

jaime-koeppe1.jpg
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    @ Rae, thats not fat on her butt thats the muscle you get from doing insane squats. Edited to add I take that back if that is another pic of her above. Thats heavy squats and great genes.

Ok on to my weight lifting inspirations. I am 43 and had someone say to me at my age I will never get back to how fit I use to look and to just forget it.
    So I went about finding information on fit people over 43 to encourage me. This is why I advocate lifting -

74 year old started working out at 56.
    Ernestine Shepherd. (My absolute hero. )

ernestine-shepherd-double-bi1.jpg

Ernestine.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eae3_LDysY8&feature=related

72 year old guy weight training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvjXQHt6QQ&feature=related

72 year old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1BCzZBMMd0&feature=related

86 year old woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9baGr99bvA&feature=related
  • carrieamber614
    Options
    Theres definitely a difference between a woman who's muscular and "cut" which I LOVE and a female body builder. While I commend those ladies for all their hard work I dont think I'd want to be THAT muscular. :ohwell: Lol
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I'd guess her body fat percentage is around 20%-22% while most muscular women pictures you see are around 16-18% body fat. Most of use have to get that low to see abs, definition, etc. Her genetics are such that you can see that stuff with the higher boy fat. Like I can see my abs at 22%, but instead of having a nice luscious booty, I have fat thighs.
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey to each his own. I personally do not like it for me. But everyone has the power to transform their bodies into what THEY want. It should not matter to anyone else. So I say tone or more muscular it is up to you ladies.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    5lyttw.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    5lyttw.jpg

Lol...that's awesome.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that's an amazing butt!

Right? Time to increase my mileage! :bigsmile:

Why does everyone assume that chick is a runner? All the miles in the world won't give you her rear lol.

I wasn't assuming it at all...I just know that since I started running, my own rear has definitely seen a significant "Perk". My own sister pulled me aside when we were out one night and said something about it! That said, I'd like perkier and the mileage is doing it for me! :laugh:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

I think this is a little overboard...I mean, I recognize that you feel this way, I...as a man, simply don't agree. Are women objectified in todays society? Sure. Are men objectified in todays society? You bet.

If you don't believe me, go check out the 'shirtless men' thread.

:blushing:

Beauty period is objectified in todays society. More seriously though...I think it's because women are more sensitive to perceived implications than men are...that they take things wrong. Even when men flat out SAY 'I'd do her'...most of them would be scared to death had they the actual chance, and the ones blustering are usually the most terrified.

Also, as much as I like sex (and, I do), never...in my life, would I ever consider any woman 'a hot pocket for whoever wants her, unless she had already proven by her actions she was. Additionally, I'd likely break any man I felt were truly doing so to a woman in my presence. This has happened in the past.

I appreciate and value your opinions on many things- my feminism isn't one of them :wink:

I'm not talking about men- because this thread isn't about them. I stand up for guys too, all the time.

I don't think it's too far- hence my post. I hear you- I really do. I just disagree and think we ALL should be mindful of the message we are sending. The internet isn't a closed room- it's a huge open one that has a wide variety of people reading it. Shouldn't we try to uplift instead of judge as 'doable or not'. I don't want my nieces reading these threads- hard enough already to convince them they are worth more than their sexual availability. I dare say some people who post here wouldn't want their kids to read what they post either.

The problem is that instead of talking about hard work, gym time, personal non-objectified preference (some do get this correct and some don't)- the whole conversation is either - Yay! She's HOT! or Boo! She's NOT HOT!

This is the problem as I see it.

This I can agree with honestly. Maybe it was the actual words used that triggered the 'overboard' response, rather than the message?

We will have to agree, to mostly agree!

I think there is a definite difference in someone saying Yes, she is hot, but that is not my preference on how I want to look vs saying Ewwwww, that is gross, she has muscles popping.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    5lyttw.jpg

Is that real? Cause that's hot!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    234786.jpg
    [/quote]

Hmmm... think my 60 year old body can get back to that? Not that I had it exactly but it was not the jello that it is now!
    [/quote]

Yes, YOU can!!!

Look at this grandma, she is amazing!!

Ernestine+Shepherd.jpg