He Called me Stupid..is it Emotional abuse?

Replies

• jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Run NOW! Its going to escalate.
  • djtessatessa
    djtessatessa Posts: 54 Member
    If you think you are being abused, you are being abused.
    Trust your instincts, if it doesnt feel real it isn't!
    You deserve to be happy and if you arent happy with this man and you dont like his behavious its time to go.
    It won't get better and it won't go back to the way it was.
    You don't need any other reason than your own happiness to leave the relationship.

Don't be afraid! Keep your chin up!

You might be second guessing yourself. Is it really that bad? Are you just over reacting? Again, trust your instinct. Just go
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    If you don't like the way he treats you, then this relationship isn't for you.
    Even if it isn't abuse, if you are not happy with the status quo, then do something different.
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Sounds to me like you are being emotionally and physically abused.
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    pack your bags and run for the hills!! life is too short to put up with b/s like this! you don't deserve this!!
  • lisahale
    lisahale Posts: 56
    Pack them bags girl. Sounds like he wants you to be someone your not and you should never settle for anyone who doesn't love everything about you the way it is !!!!!
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    He is a loser, he probably comments about your weight because hes a sicko that gets a kick out of hurting others. That man needs a 12 step program, or Jesus!
  • My bf loves to get into deep conversation about politics, religions,social events..etc...
    Whenever he does this , I try no to talk to much for he loves to just go on and on and on...
    Then he asked me some specific questions and I answered ,,he then of course disagreed..
    I disagreed again ..he then got defensive and call me stupid and said " That is the Stupiest thing I have ever heard " Last night he gave me a whole sermon bc the kitchen sink is clogged up..he said " Never ever in this house has anyone clogged up the kitchen sink drain ..it had to be .. you!" Made me feel like crap of course and told him not to be so mean about it . He makes comments about my weight and jokes on how I always like to think about food.

Last night as I laid down to sleep he looked at my belly and made a face of disgust. He had deleted me from his facebook account ..he then added me but has restricted ..I can't see his info or photos..

He tends to smack me for no reason, he says he is playing . Whenever I say something that he doesn't like , he "playfully" grabs me and " Playfully" slaps me on the face...although it's not hard ..it does hurt at times and I'm getting tired of him doing that . It's just so immature. the silly slaps on my face and my *** randomly uuggg..so tired. He then comments on when he was my age he had accomplished so much ..a profession, a good job, houses,cars ...etc... and while me I haven't done much. ...again makes me feel bad. There are times he will ridicule me in from of his daughters for either having said something wrong ..or for breaking something around the house..even if they were not there to see it ..he will tell them about the accident .
    AM I Being emotional abused ?
    sure feels like it ! I will be travelling far far away and will end the relationship once I'm away ..but I put this on here just so you guys can confirm that in fact I'm not crazy and this is abuse.
    I'm not use to being treated like this ..That's why I will leave him.

I want to tell you something. Please, I hope you read this. What you described was how my first husband was before we got married. But I foolishly married him anyway.

After we were married, he started hitting me, pushing me, ridiculing me even more. He's say, "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen anyone do."

I could sew pretty well, even when I was young, and he'd put me down by telling me that anyone could do that. One day he told me he'd make my new pants. He just knew it was simple, no hassle at all. So, I handed him the fabric and pattern, and set up the sewing machine. By gum, he got those pants made. But it was NOT easy. He finally had to acknowledge that it was just that I made it look easy. That was probably the only time he ever paid me a real compliment.

He pushed me down a hill in the mountains. He knocked me to the floor when I was pregnant, then proceeded to kick me with his hard toed shoes. I curled up in a fetal position as best I could to protect my baby and myself.

One day he taught me what to do so he couldn't really strangle me the times he'd grab me by the throat.

I left. I had to protect myself and my baby. But I couldn't take my dog, so he killed my dog.

I believe if I had stayed married to him, I might not be alive now. But if I was still alive, I would be a mere shadow of who I am, no doubt. He would have killed my spirit. I also would not have met and married the wonderful guy I did. I've been married to my husband now for 40 years, and had I either died or stayed married to my first husband, I would have missed this lovely life with this dear, sweet man.

The point is, there were big red flags before we were married, but I didn't heed them. Things escalated after we were married to the point of violence and fear. Whatever you are suffering now will likely be much bigger if you marry him. He might just be a jerk, but keep in mind that I went through what you are going through, and he turned out to be so much more than a mere jerk.

Please be careful around this guy. Take care.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Umm...why are you going to continue living in hell until you go to Canada? Why not ditch him now and start living life now. Life is so short, don't spend it being miserable.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Call mewhen you get ot the border, i have solor power in my igloo
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    I'm sorry but..
    Are you stupid?

Seriously , I think you are the rudest person I have ever met.

Are you stupid asking someone who is being emotionally abused such a question?
    I am sure you have met ruder than myself.
    It was a legit question.
    She's dealt with staying with him for this long, why is she waiting till a certain time to end the relationship?
    Do you know how long I have been with him? you don't know my exact situation therfore will just disregard your comment.
  • blmr85
    blmr85 Posts: 57 Member
    and your not leaving why??
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Agh! this remind me of a *kitten* ex!!! leave girl!! you deserve better!!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 346 Member
    Umm...why are you going to continue living in hell until you go to Canada? Why not ditch him now and start living life now. Life is so short, don't spend it being miserable.

I agree. you never know if it will get worse before then. You dont deserve to be treated that way.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    This 'man' clearly doesn't deserve you. YES, he is emotionally abusing you...and although the slaps are 'playful' it could lead to other things. Get rid of him, he sounds like an *kitten*. Put it this way...if you had a daughter, or your mum was being treated this way, what would you tell them to do? Dont put up with these mind games. Go and find someone who deserves you. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am always here to support and help others. I hope it works out for you my lovely. Take care xx
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    I have 4 daughters. If any one of them would ever be treated like that I would end up in prison.

Every woman should be treated like queen by her SO. Every man should be treated like a king by his SO. If that is not happening on both sides then it is not meant to be and it is time to move on. You are clearly not being treated right. Move on.

I Agree, My Dad treats me like a princess. I grew up being hugged and praised by him.
    My Mom was a bit colder but I was pretty much loved so this is just not feeling good. I agree with everyone who says this is not acceptable!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    i don't think 'abuse' is necessarily the word, at least in the deepest, darkest sense of what it can me

it just sounds like he's a complete tool and doesn't appreciate you

mentally torturing someone, being verbally abusive, bullying.........it's ALL a valid and very real form of abuse. Shame on you.

let's not do this.
    Yes, let's not. Let's not question whether it's bad enough to be called abuse. If you aren't going to be helpful then keep out of it.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    I'm sorry but..
    Are you stupid?

Seriously , I think you are the rudest person I have ever met.

Are you stupid asking someone who is being emotionally abused such a question?
    I am sure you have met ruder than myself.
    It was a legit question.
    She's dealt with staying with him for this long, why is she waiting till a certain time to end the relationship?
    Do you know how long I have been with him? you don't know my exact situation therfore will just disregard your comment.

Sounds like that person could be an abuser... When you leave, keep repeating that quote about your being called stupid, over and over to yourself. Until you raise your strength up to it. Distance yourself... SO you can look back and recognize the pattern. This will help you.
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    why be with someone who treats you/makes you feel like crap?????? :huh: :huh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    You can do better. yes, it's abuse.