He Called me Stupid..is it Emotional abuse?

Replies

• Run now and don't stop.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    He sounds controlling and emotionally abusive. I'm glad I read boyfriend and not husband. I'd dump him
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I'm sorry but..
    Are you stupid?

Are you human?
  • Jess3874
    Jess3874 Posts: 12
    Take it from a woman who's been there and done that, I don't have a restraining order from my ex husband for nothing.

YOU ARE BEING ABUSED, GET OUT OF THAT RELATIONSHIP AND GET HELP PLEASE!!!!!! DO NOT GO BACK NO MATTER WHAT, IT'S JUST GOING TO GET WORSE AND EVENTUALLY PHYSICAL.

Yes I know the whole "oh he would never hit me ever." that's what you say now, don't wait until he does.

GET OUT OF THAT RELATIONSHIP PERMANENTLY!!!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    CallMe, i'll be your rebound-Ty

Can I come play to?
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN. This ABUSE (and yes, it is complete abuse, verbal, physical, and emotional) will, guaranteed, escalate with time. DO NOT LET YOURSELF BECOME A STATISTIC. This happens too much already. There are some things that can be tolerated but being hit or degraded are NOT included in that group. Please choose yourself over your boyfriend. He will drain the life from you, slowly but surely.
    Good luck and please add me if you'd like to be friends or need any support :flowerforyou:
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    I hope your next post says not "why I will leave him" but "why I DID leave him" This guy is a d!ck.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    I would leave this second he sounds like a jerk and is not worth a second of your time.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    If you have to ask, you know it is.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    O_O

Get out of that relationship IMMEDIATELY. Leave him behind and NEVER look back. SERIOUSLY.

If you need help getting away from him there are services that can help you get away.

There is NO reason why ANYONE should EVER say or do ANY of the things you listed.

I can't think of ONE SINGLE EXCUSE for his completely disrespectful and demeaning behaviour towards you.

No amount of "discussing" this with him will make him change. He is stuck as the person he is now and the only way he will change is when HE sees what he's doing. And that could take decades, or never happen.

JUST. GET. OUT. NOW.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    My husband is the same way, except he doesn't hit me. I know this may be TMI, but he does hold me down and does things to me and keeps on even after I tell him to stop. He is always talking down to me and always says how I don't watch our kids well enough, yet he still lets me stay at home with them. I do watch them well though, but you can't watch them 24/7 like he thinks. Please leave him behind before you can't get out of it easily, like me.

I'm sorry, but to allow your children to see you treated in this manner borders on irresponsible. You deserve to be treated with respect and they deserve to live in an environment where their mother is not being abused, which is what is happening to you. If your husband keeps going when you ask him to stop he is a marital rapist. There is no other word for the scenario you described. You are allowed to say no whenever you want, whether you have that ring on or not. Please get out. Any way you can.
  • Nobody deserves to be treated like that!!!! And don't tell me it's complicated, hard to leave etc. Make a plan and leave and don't ever look back.

How many woman would put up with that is beyond me....I swear week men find women like this and prey on them.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    You don't need to label it, just get yourself away from it. Pack up when he's out of the house, have a friend at the house with you when you leave. Under no circumstances try to leave while he is there, or he will try to force or manipulate you into staying. Make sure you take everything with you the first time, touch nothing of his. Leave the key on the coubter, your half of any unpaid bills, leave nothing that can be used as an excuse to get in touch. Delete him from your phone, Facebook, twitter, whatever.

This whole restricted facebook thing screams "cheater."

When in doubt, toss that trash out.
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    That's why I will leave him.

I was in a relationship similar to this. Dumping him was the best thing I ever did. Get rid of this guy for good!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I'm sorry but..
    Are you stupid?

Are you human?
    Why yes I am. :D

Ah, just the world's first surviving heart donor, then.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    It's ABUSE!
    And he sounds like a total jerk.
    Get. Out. Now.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    I'm sorry but..
    Are you stupid?

Seriously , I think you are the rudest person I have ever met.

Are you stupid asking someone who is being emotionally abused such a question?
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    emotional and physical. i had an uncle who was like this, not only to my aunty, but to all of us kids too. like it was some kinda fn game to him. poke fun and flick or slap us, pull hair, call us fat. if he deleted u from his facebook, then hes hiding you from his "frineds" for one reason or another, if i let my imagination roam i can think of hundreds of ridiculous and self centered selfish reasons why he could be doing this. delete him from your life, i bet ur friends and family would likey be very glad to help you out of there.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    If you have to ask, you know it is.