Team UK: Week 8 and 9

Options

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Yeah i sometimes use the helmans light mayo but i still find the fat% hard to get over...

Now i have gone the complete other way... i now feel kinda sick from lunch.. not cause i ate too much cause i had the same sort of thing yesterday.. but i almost feel like i have sick in my throat.. :sick:
    sorry to say that..

BTW... the snack a jacks got left in the cupboard! :smile: go me.. but tbh i dont want to touch n e thing.. maybe its the heat?
    Talking about the heat.. is anyone else getting destracted by it and not wanting to venture to the gym cause they would rather spend time out in the sun? lol im in that mood today.. once again im hitting Legs Bums and Tums on the head, instead im going home straight away and having a King Prawn Stir Fry with loads of veg! Yumo!! I will go to the gym, but not until 8.30.. i deff will go...

Omg i think im going to puke... over and out... :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just got up and it's nearly 4!! :noway: I must have needed it, really hate nightshifts when it's sunny and hot outside. My food is all over the place at the moment, I had breakfast at 4am and now I am going to have a 2 banana milkshake before I hit the gym for my 90 min work out. Come home and have a food feast :happy:

It is so balmy here... I feel like I just stepped out of a sauna :laugh: :glasses: Hope you are all exercising and sticking to the cals :wink: :drinker: water :drinker: water :drinker: water :bigsmile:

Helen
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    My Sickness feeling as passed... silly stomach making me feel sick... just been outside the office for a few mins.. OMG it is gorgeous!! definately heading straight home, putting the bikini on and lying out for an hour or so with mum!! :smile: The air con in the office is feeling good!!! :laugh:

:drinker: :drinker: Loads of water today Helen!! Needed!
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    kpnuts, if you are feeling sick buy some root ginger, chop an inch off, peel it and give it a smash before adding it to hot water (add honey if you like) leave for 5 min. then drink that will soothe your stomach and it is good for you (even a bit of honey is too) :wink: :drinker:

I love water :drinker:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    I need to change my weight from 12st 1 to 12st 8:grumble: I brought new scales and they have added 7lbs to my weight:cry::cry:

So 5lbs would be 12st 3
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    mumsanutter, all scales are evil. I have banned them from my house. If you follow your amount of calories and you exercise it is better to use a tape measure instead and watch the inches fly off instead :wink: :happy:
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey Sean I love cottage cheese! I went through a phase where I ate it almost everyday. The low fat version though! I love it with pineapple in as a sweet snack :)

Lunch today was ryvitas, low fat philly, tomatoes, and salami - I think the salami let me down cause its fatty but I just wanted it!!!

My mum usually cooks dinners, and todays kinda took me right over my cals! We had pasta with broccoli, mushrooms and a cheese sauce, but she didnt put too much cheese in for me! Still seems to have taken me over by my guesstermate in my food diary :( (which i have now made public!)

Think I am going to head out for a walk to burn off some now, still nice and bright out! But not too hot....loving the weather! :bigsmile:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Helen, Thanks for the reply. I said exactly the same to my husband this afternoon, but won't throw them out as at least I can measure what I have lost :drinker:

The inches are definately dropping (in a size 12-14 for the first time in years) and my husband is gutted as my bust is getting smaller a well (thanks to having 4 boys I went from a b to an e :grumble: )
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    ChristyJade, I love cheese sauce but I have gone without since this diet as I know it would take up loads of calories but I found this:

Makes 8 servings

Rich, thick cheese sauce for serving over steamed vegetables

Ingredients 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
    8 ounces cheese, low fat
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    Directions
    1.Stir the cornstarch into the milk in a non stick sauce pan. Heat while stirring to just the boiling point. Stir and cook until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir again before serving.

2.Serving size, 1/2 cup

Categories

Side Dish

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 77.0g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 154Calories from Fat 85
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 9.4g14%
    Saturated Fat 6.0g30%
    Cholesterol 32mg11%
    Sodium 231mg10%
    Total Carbohydrates 6.4g2%
    Sugars 5.5g
    Protein 10.6g

Vitamin A 9% • Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 34% • Iron 2%

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
    Legend

Fat
    Protein
    Carbs
    Alcohol
    Other

Calorie Breakdown (?)

Daily Values (?)

Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/claires-low-fat-cheese-sauce-recipe-r2382#ixzz0Jx0QVBjN&C
    :happy:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    mumsanutter, I still weigh myself at the gym but I won't let the numbers get me down because I know I am doing it right, we all plateau at some point, some have a longer plateau than others. Stick to what is right and think of the long term goal. :happy:

We are all here to support each other and get fit :flowerforyou:
  • ChristyJade
    Options
    oooh thanks Helen! sounds good, will do that one in the future :)

went for my walk this eve, burnt abut 130 cals so feeling abit better about the cheese sauce! lol
  • glittergirlamy14
    glittergirlamy14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's too hot to exercise in my flat at night! It was fine this morning, but when I start tonight I'm melting. It's even too hot to walk to work. I think it's a bit cooler here in Scotland compared to down south, but still too hot. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow. I'm getting my legs done so I can finally wear a skirt in this heat!

Katherine, hope you're feeling better. I was reading today in the paper how there's lots of people in in the hotter parts swooning in the middle of the street due to the heat!

I was bad and had a mini Magnum ice cream when I came home from work (I blame the weather), but one of my flatmates had left the freezer door slightly open so I ended up eating it with a spoon :frown:
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    i reallllly am ready to workout but the heat is just holding me back because i just feel to sick :grumble:

im going to push ahead anyway and do the best i can but i was really hoping for a good workour sesh today

jus gna drink loads n loads of water and hope that keeps me refreshed and raring to go:drinker: :drinker:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Good luck with your workout.. im having today off cause i know im going tomorrow come rain or sun!! went sun, mon, and tue.. today off... down the beach tomorrow and then down the gym later, swimming friday? inside if it does rain, outside if its still sunny and hot!!

What a scorcher today!! 32 were we are down in farnham, surrey!! Loads of water... im already half way through bottle number 2 of a 1,5l bottle of water!! thirsty times!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

How is everyone coping with our heatwave?

Katherine
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    I got to bed at 6am after my nightshift and woke up at 11:30, it was way too hot to sleep. Had breakfast then hit the gym for a 90 min work out, had a half hour swim then spent 20 min. in sauna. It is still so hot out. Dinner is going to be a nice big salad with some chicken breast. (I burnt 1710 cals today) might treat myself to an ice-cream or a cold mars bar :happy:

• Cherrystargirl
    Options
    Okay so I know it's naughty but after 2 weeks of staying the same due TOM and general naughtiness I went to Boots and weighed myself just now and I've lost 2lbs! Now I've just got to try and get through the weekend with a night out on Friday and a chinese buffet lunch on Sunday........:noway:
  • ChristyJade
    Options
    I weighed myself today, and i havent lost anything! I think its because I am not doing as much exercise but I feel so worn out at the minute, all I want to do is go to bed :( My legs ache and my whol body feels generally weak...So I dont know what to do!

Having a scheduled bad day tomorrow. Going to try and keep it to a minimum but got cakes at work, then a thai take away at my friends house along with cocktail night!!! Failure written all over it, so I am just going to try my hardest to do exercise all weekend!!! Struggling though cause my mum is away and my boyfriend has hurt his foot so I have noone to exercise with....(my friends 'dont do' exercise!)

I want to go to lie down now anyway :yawn: :frown:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Hi ChristyJade, Okay so you are about to have a calorie fest, enjoy it and don't think of your diet but make a pact, do some exercises on a mat like stomach crunches, squats, lunges, burpees (look up on google for videos) there are loads of fitness ideas on youtube if you search for one many more will follow. And pick up on your diet on Sunday or Monday. That way you can enjoy yourself tonight and tomorrow :happy:

I was thinking of some exercises one can do in the privacy of living/bed room when replying to ChristyJade so I went in search for a good link and found this: http://www.fitness.com/exercises/ remember cardiovascular exercise is the best for burning fat, so get on a bike or go for a run :happy:

I have a dental appointment :noway: :grumble: I am more scared of what its costing me than the treatment (having a crown) :huh: Just had a nice heavy breakfast (porridge) to last me through to lunch, I plan on making a low fat cream of mushroom soup so I don't have to much to chew.

Hope you all have a great Friday :drinker:

Helen
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! I hope you are all ok? Not so great with the weather today but i spent a lovely day with my friends down at the beach in West Witterings (South Coast)! :happy:

Food has gone well.. Anyone who im friends with can view my diary i think?

I was set a new fitness plan at the gym last night with my trainer.. Now im doing...

-24.5 mins on the Spinning Bike with a brand-new course set
    -20 mins interval training on the Cross Trainer - level 9 then level 12/13
    -10 mins interval training on treadmill
    -2x Plank on medicene ball

plus other core work...

Im going after work today (1.10) before i have some lunch otherwise i will feel sicky and wont go once im home!!
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    :smile: heyy am soo happpy!!
    i am finally out of the 13 stone category and am now 12stone 13lbs:happy:
    alsooo iv lost more weight than the amount i still need to lose if you get me, look below at my ticker \/ \/

116587.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

anywayyyyy good luck to everyone else and im off for a workout sesh