Team UK: Week 8 and 9

Options

Replies

• curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i went to the gym today and asked about the pay as you go option, because im a full time student i onyl have to pay £2.35 each visit! I have my induction on saturday at 9.30
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    So have had the worst couple of days, had to announce lay offs to my staff and it's been heart breaking. Has upset me so much and the longing to reach for family sized bars of Galaxy, always been the thing to do in times of stress in the past. Did really well though, yesterday went for a milky way and today had 2 meringue nests. Isn't stopping the cravings though..... :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well... Good morning everyone :flowerforyou:

I hope you are all ok?

Im going for a swim after work this afternoon :love: first time since i was on holiday! whooey!!

Had a couple of vodka diet cokes last night.. heads a bit fuzzy while i sit at my desk! LOL

Im planning to be good today - lunch will be pita and chicken "sandwhich" No butter - no fun! lol

Any how......

Cherry - I can understand what you mean, its the hardest thing doing that to people, but be strong and im sure you will pull through.. its OK to have a bad couple of days, when you feel right just get back to the usual routine and you will be fine!
    How about using a punch bag at the gym? Thats always a good stress relief! :laugh:

Still waiting for my TOTM... I came off my pill a good 4 weeks ago now.. Definately due on soon!!?? :grumble:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    bump to join. another uk-er if thats ok.
    was looking to see who was form the uk and surrounding areas. birmingham here. will read later when i get to work
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    bump to join. another uk-er if thats ok.
    was looking to see who was form the uk and surrounding areas. birmingham here. will read later when i get to work

heyy simplicity, wel i read your profile and u started about a stone heavier than me and are about a stone lighter than me now so i was just wondering your height to see if we are progressing towards the same place?
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    Morning all! So went on a date with my husband last night and drank a whole bottle of champagne, 2 cocktails and 3 vodkas. I ate bread and olives, a prawn cocktail and fried squid caeser salad. I then came home, had drunken munchies and ate 2 bags of crisps! EEEEEK!

But it was good, so good!!! Might stay away from the scales on Monday!
  • curvykatie
    Options
    im totaly failing with this weight loss, ive had a really bad past two days and now im actualy heavier than when i started :sad:
    i just wish i could find something that works for me whilst im at home, i can lose weight when im in york for uni, but as soon as i get home nothing seems to work and i just put weight on - it really is disheartening :brokenheart:
  • Cherrystargirl
    Options
    im totaly failing with this weight loss, ive had a really bad past two days and now im actualy heavier than when i started :sad:
    i just wish i could find something that works for me whilst im at home, i can lose weight when im in york for uni, but as soon as i get home nothing seems to work and i just put weight on - it really is disheartening :brokenheart:

Don't give up Katie, something will work, honestly! I've just had the weekend of doom and I'm seriously considering not going on the scales tomorrow as I've been so naughty!

Chin up honey xxx:smile:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have had a naughty day too, been on day shift, haven't been able to go to the gym, got the dreaded period and have the munchies big time!!! I pigged out and I thoroughly enjoyed it :laugh:

I will do two hours at the gym and have a swim tomorrow, eat clean for a day and then weigh in on Tuesday hopefully with a loss.

We can do it if we put our mind to it, we just had a little hiccup :ohwell: Tomorrow another day :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning.. I well and truley fell off the waggon on the weekend.. It was not good.. so im feeling a bit crummy due to miserable food...

Friday - dinner was a dominos pizza and copious amounts of vodka...
    sat - somehow a mcdonals slipped in.. :grumble: Lol then more vodka due to a nigh out in town!
    sunday - hit the icecreams and biscuits BIG time! :laugh:

wooow...

so today im back "on it!" and feeling positive.. and tiered! ha ha
  • curvykatie
    Options
    sounds like we all had a bad weekend!

i went to the gym this morning, so im very proud of myself, i did:
    15min walk to the gym
    5mins treadmill 4.5mph
    11mins bike 15mph (average)
    15mins crosstrainer
    5mins rowing
    10mins resistance
    2mins rowing
    15mins treadmill 3-5mph
    5mins running 7mph (i was so proud of this! ive only ever been able to run for 1min)
    7mins eliptical
    5mins treadmill 2.5-3mph
    15min walk home from the gym

i'm going to go to body combat on wednesday too, they launch BC40 this week so everyone will be at the same starting level

lets all get back on the wagon this week :drinker:
    hopefully upping my exercise will encourage the weight loss!
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Definitely one of those weekends :laugh:

well done curvykatie for your gym session, I believe upping your exercise will encourage weightloss. I haven't been today yet, going later :happy:

So far so good with food today, been watching what I put in my mouth:bigsmile:

Back later :drinker:

Helen
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    hey I made myself a goal of getting to 11st 13 before the end of july and have been ill since the thursday and accidentally reached my goal a few weeks early. ha ha

its been hard to eat. and everything listed in my food diary just hasn't been wholey eaten.

been drinking lots of water but not exercising at all till i feel better. its the quit smoking thats troubling me now. im not craving but it makes me anxious to use the patches but hey its all good.

hope everyone else is doing well.
    ps i was 12st 2 when i made my 3 pound mini goal so i still think mission accomplished just need to keep it down till august. maybe say 11st 12 now ha.
    Ben
    :)
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    cheers for the invite helen, how are things going? hope everyone else is well too.
    Right now for some serious weight loss, you all can count me in for any chalenges

James
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey

I haven't actually logged my food diary for about a week because I find it hard with the meals I have been having to log them. Plus I just know how bad I have been so can't bear to put in the things I have been eating! Terrible I know lol....But starting back again this week. I am back to cooking myself so find it much easier to log.

Been for an hour long walk tonight, and will be doing another tomorrow, then swimming thursday. Definately need to up the exercise!!

My friends wedding is a week on Friday!!! Come up so quick and I am no where near my goal weight....P.M.A!!! lol

Sounds like everyone has had a naughty weekend though, makes me feel a little less bad hehe

Welcome new people :)
  • glittergirlamy14
    glittergirlamy14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    error
  • glittergirlamy14
    Options
    error
  • glittergirlamy14
    Options
    I had a bad weekend too, just like everyone here!

Thursday (started a day early) I had an Indian takeaway to celebrate getting some really good praise at work, plus it was pay day the next day.
    Friday I had cheese toasties and chips, followed by lots of vodka.
    Saturday I only had a homemade chicken curry because I was quite hungover, followed by a wee bit of cider,
    Sunday, I went out for lunch and had potato skins with garlic mayo, followed by a steak pie!! Then had some crisps and 2 potato scones.

Wasn't feeling well today so didn't even exercise....my weigh in tomorrow isn't looking promising!!

Hope this week is better for everyone. Welcome new people!

Amy x

P.S I'm watching BB right now and that Kenneth is such a sleaze!! He's creeping me out.
  • glittergirlamy14
    Options
    Oops, I don't know what has happened there :noway:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Good morning all :happy: I managed an hour gym session last night but today I will do

15 min. cross trainer as warm - up
    45 min. bike
    30 min. core exercise (kettlebell, lunges, push ups etc.)
    30 min. circuit training

Had a fantastic food day yesterday too, hope I can keep this up for the rest of the month :bigsmile:

ChristyJade, if you find it hard to log dinner that is homemade you could use this tool http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php then just log it in here, bit of work but very handy when you want to log everything you eat (keep an eye on those cals) :bigsmile:

Welcome Magnet :drinker:

My weigh in is today but I already know I haven't lost anything due to the weekend. :grumble: Still, no point beating ourselves up about it :ohwell: 10 days left till August, I am sure we will work hard to reach that goal :wink:

Helen
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/HelenS70

P.S. Amy, I tend to stay clear of BB, I love my tv but with that on I would end up throwing random objects at it. :laugh: