Worst date you've ever been on?

Options

Replies

• Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I went on a blind date with somebody once who I later found out that evening was police tagged!

I'm not a snob, and if she'd told me at the beginning of the date then I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

It wasn't until after we'd left the first bar and she'd been getting my drinks all night that she told me and said "do you really think I have a tab set-up in there" so she'd been getting drinks and she'd left before we'd even paid for them - then she wanted to get a taxi and skip the fare to the next bar which I said no too, already a bit miffed by this point - so we got the bus, she stormed off upstairs and left me to pay the bus fare (which at the time in Central London was not cheap) so I left her fuming upstairs, got off the bus two stops earlier and made my way to the night bus all the way back home - big disaster!
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh.. These are funny and terrible at the same time!

I went out with a guy a while back who seemed fantastic. Polite, thoughtful, smart and cute. So, we get to the restaraunt and he fast walks to the door, walks right in without me(meaning he didn't bother to hold the door). I followed him in and we were seated. At this point, he hadn't even made eye contact with me yet. I couldn't make conversation with him because he was on his damn cell phone and the only time he looked up was to check out women as they walked by.
    When it was time to order, I started to talk and he interrupted me to order his food. We didn't talk AT ALL through the whole meal.
    I wasn't expecting him to pay, but shockingly he did but of course seriously cheaped out on the tip. Then he asked me what I wanted to do next. I think he should have understood from the look on my face that I wasn't having it, but he said "Night in then? My house?" I said something about being tired and having to be up early the next morning. He tried to kiss me and I turned my face away.

Later on he texted me saying what a good time he has and how we had to go out again ASAP.
    I didn't respond. I still get a "Hey babe!" text from him every so often.

Oh dear!!! When he was on the phone while on a date with you, he was probably setting up another victim! Busy guy, hey?!!? :laugh:
  • patiencexgracexstrength
    Options
    the boy took me to a carwash.

he was lovely, opened the door, paid for my meal etc... but that didn't change that it was a carwash! lol

best was going to the beach, having ice cream and watching the penguins climb up the rocks
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options

best was going to the beach, having ice cream and watching the penguins climb up the rocks

PENGUINS! Was that at Boulder's Beach in SA? I'd love to go there to see those little fellas :smile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Hilarious thread! X
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I met up with a guy from the Internet and he suggested the location of a restaurant that was about a 45 drive from me...and right next to his apartment. I ordered a margarita and he ordered both a margarita and an Irish car bomb. Drank them both. He drank four drinks to my every one. His first question to me was "what are your five favorite alcoholic drinks?" (I should have known then he ha a drinkin problem.) he tells me his roommate and the roommate's gf are there so we go sit with them and watch them eat dinner while he continues to drink. Finally the waitress tells him she can't serve him anymore. He asks "until when". She tells him tomorrow. He goes off about how unfair this is and how texas sucks because they cut you off. Finally the manager comes over to ask him to calm down and my date tells the manager he wants to go outside and "talk about the situation". After he didn't return for 20 minutes, his roommate tells me just to leave because he's too drunk to care anyway. So I RAN to my car. When I was halfway home, he texted me and pretty much told me I was so rude and ungrateful for leaving without saying bye. He also told me there wouldn't be a second date. Geez, how upsetting!

That was just the first of many crazy dates from people I met online. I've given up now.
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    Worst ever date ......Was a blind date set up by my best friend and her boyfriend. We all met up in a pub and he was just awful.....and didnt speak. Eventually best friends boyf gave him a nudge to talk to me and he kicked me under the tabel and said ' I hear u like rough sex' Me and the bestf friend then left lol xxx
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I was dating this guy, so of course we made plans for my 16th birthday. My mom asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday on a Friday and I told her no party, that I was just going to go out with him and we'd probably meet up with some friends. My birthday is at the end of November, we lived in central PA. He picked me up and said "I have to run over to XX's house for about 15 mintues to help him with his stereo." Cool, we were both friends with XX he needed a hand for a minute. I'd never met XX's family and when we got there he asked if I wanted to go inside, I said no I'll be fine in the car. 2 hours later, freezing my butt off in the car on my birthday I got out and told him it was time to take me home. He said "oh we'll be done in 15 minutes, just go inside." I said, "No, you can take me home and then come back and spend another "15 minutes" on the stereo." He took me home, I called another guy who was trying to date me, and by Monday I was dating the other guy.

When I think of terrible dates it always reminds me of this one woman at my mom's church. My mom wanted so badly that she and I be friends and hang out together. We met for lunch and had really uncomfortable conversations as we had nothing in common except age (I was in college, she was the mother of 3; I was enjoying the dating pool, she was married to the first man she ever dated; she was the wife of a minister, I had rejected the advances of our pastors son . . . you get my drift) and after we paid she left some of those "are you saved" cards on the table instead of a tip. I asked her if she was going to leave a tip and she said "I just did." I said "really because most servers really rely on their tips for living expenses." and she said "the messages in those cards there will give her more to improve the quality of her life than any money ever could." I left double the tip and gave my mom hell when I got home.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was in college and my date took me to a tractor salvage yard west of Fargo to pick up a tractor part and then we drove it to his family farm. I was wearing a very pretty mini skirt and boots. It was -20F in January. I didn't realize we were going outside. I thought we were going to a movie or wherever.

That was about 20 years ago. Yeap, I married him. We have 3 boys. I HAVE NEVER LET HIM PLAN A DATE SINCE THEN.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know which one was the worst, I've had a few! Top 2.
    First date with this guy, he showed up over an hour late. His excuse...he ran over a SEWING MACHINE! Seriously? Said his car was messed up and asked if I could drive. On top of that he brought me, and my mother red roses (I was about 17 at the time). That just creeped me out. He took me to a movie, proceeded to talk during the entire thing, then wouldn't leave after I drove us back to my house (to get his car).

More recently, I was set up with a friend of a friend. He was charming at first, we met to go bowling and hung out in the bar/lounge area afterward. We decided to go to dinner, so I rode with him. And that was my mistake. He turned out to be a smoker, and as soon as we got in the car he lit up a cigarette and didn't roll down the windows! Then he got on his phone and talked the entire time we were driving. When it came time to pay for dinner, he claimed he didn't have enough money with him to pay the bill (even just for himself!). Ugh. He apologized and seemed embarassed so I decided to let it slide a bit, since it was an unexpected trip. I was ready to go back to my vehicle and head home, but he wanted to talk more. There was a huge park in the area, so we headed there to sit on the swings and chat. He decided to be playful and somehow managed to push me off the swing, then took this opportunity to make his move. (Yes, while I was laying on the rocks in pain from being pushed off the swing.) Needless to say, this was the last date!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Went on a double-date with a friend of mines. She had known her own and MY date from her job and just decided it'd be cool for all of us to go out. We went to dinner which I'll admit was .. decent. We all chatted and just got to know one another. Next, we went to a nearby playground (my college town was incredibly small and all of the fun stuff was over 12 miles away. Also because it had been so late, the shops were already closing down and this was all we had).

So anyways the two of us get alone and I happen to ask him what he's looking for. Immediately he goes on this long rant about how he's not looking for anything special because he's about to move (this he brings up constantly throughout the night), how badly women have treated him in the past and why he can't stand *insert the names of different exes*, and how he doesn't want a relationship of any kind whatsoever and is so scared of having kids because he totally hates them and his ex totally had a pregnancy scare. By the end of the night we (the four of us) wind up going to his place to chill. The place is incredibly filthy---roaches and trash all over thanks to him sharing this house with 3 other male roomies. I'm super grossed out, but I end up turning a blind eye towards it.... Then Mr. "I dont wanna be tied down right now" decides that this is the time to work his 'mojo'.. His lines include:

'Man I just couldn't stop staring at your *kitten* all night. You've got such a cute *kitten*.'

'You have such sexy legs'

'If we do something, you can't say anything'

'Your boobs are so big and it's nice that you wore a white shirt because white makes things look even bigger.'

and lastly,

'You're cute in the face and even though you're kinda chubby, I still like you and think your *kitten* is so nice. Turn around and show me your butt'.'

Needless to say, The Sahara Desert didn't have *kitten* on me that night.. and he spent his little evening alone.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I went out with a girl that I had met through some friends. We went to a nice dinner, had some good conversation. After the dinner, we couldn't think of much to do, and the night was young. So we went to a bar. Not many people were there, and these guys actually struck up a conversation with her while I was in the bathroom. This girl was no "Girlfriend" of mine, so I didn't get jealous. But, she kept on talking to them, and I was alone at the bar, basically. I paid the tab and walked out to my truck, leaving her in there for those guys to deal with.

Well, she stopped me on the way to my truck, apologizing and swearing that she liked me, and if we went somewhere else, she wouldn't do that to me. Well, on the ride over to another bar, which was closer to her house, she told me that she'd slept with 37 guys. Who was I to judge? Actually, I hadn't had any in a while, so I was happy to be the shameless #38!! (As long as protection was used, of course!!)

So we get to this 2nd bar and we have a couple drinks, enjoy the music, strike up more good conversation, when she sees 2 girls that she went to HS with. She said, "I'll be right back, I'm sorry! I haven't seen those girls in so long! Watch my purse, please!" Well, 10 minutes later, I'm still at the bar. So she comes back and apologizes again, and introduces me to her friend. So, we all 3 strike up conversation, when she sees someone that she knows again. Same story, only now I have her friend to talk to. Well, 15 minutes later, she's talking to people across the bar again (Guys this time) and I'm fed up. I'm ready to go. But why pass up on her friend? Oh, I know why... She's married, she says. Ok, so I asked her to watch her purse while I bolted. She said she understood, and yes, she'd watch her purse. So, I left, and turned my phone off. I'm not sure how she got home, and I don't care. Wasn't that bad of a date, because I did get kinda drunk, had a decent time, but I was sure pissed off at this girl. She got a hold of me a week later, via text message, apologizing. I didn't text her back.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Buumping for later
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    These are all so funny. Well, my worst date was with a guy that I met through a chat room for singles in my area when chat rooms just started to take off. I'm talking dial up people. I was about 18. Anyway, I met up with him at my school and we were going to grab lunch at the college. So I start talking, introducing myself and he starts half talking half signing to me because he's deaf. Now he never told me he was deaf and u honestly wouldn't have minded going out with him, but the dude could've given me a heads up. I was totally thrown off and it just made the date awkward.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    OMG.. where do i start. Well for starters i met this guy one night at the bar (lol) and he seems super cool/nice/sweet. He said he was going to the rodeo (not my style really) and that i should join him. I was a bit uneasy about driving a about 1 1/2 hours on a date with a guy i barely new but since i just got done with my divorce, i thought id give it a shot. Well he pics me up and with in 15 mins of us driving, he starts to hold my hand, like we had been dating for years. Ugh!!! Then we stop and meet up with his friends and while we are waiting for them all to get there, he was all over me like stink on ****. I could barely breath. We then hopped in the truck and he, again was constantly touching me, even when i would pull away and take my hand away. Well needless to say, i tried my best to keep my distance till we had to leave and was praying that time would hurry up. The whole time i kept thinking i was in a nightmare. This guy wasn't funny, was a creep and i got a really bad feeling from him, like he would rape me if he had a chance. NOT JOKING! So we finally headed home and the whole ride home, i had my hand on my PEPPER SPRAY the WHOLE TIME. We finally get to my house and even as i gave him a hug good bye i had my hand, still on my pepper spray. I waited for him to actually drive away before i went into my apartment, so he didnt know which one i lived in and for the 1st time in a long time i actually locked all my doors and windows in fear that he would attack me. NO JOKE. That night i called a friend (who is now my husband) and said "I'm ****ing done dating. I almost had to pepper spray this ****ing guy, worst date EVER!" I think that was Coleman's (my husband)cue to make his move! He was on a flight to Seattle 2 weeks later. lol
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I had been flirting with this guys from school for a while he was always nice, and then one day he asked me out the the movies, I was single at the time and he seemed like a cool guys so I said yes, so fast forward to friday night the following week, and we're at the movies, I don't remember what we were watching (probably due to the trama), and he puts his arm around me....ok doesn't seem to odd, but I noticed that he was fidgeting around, with his hands in his lap, and then I look down to see what's he's doing and to my surprise he's masturbating!! So I'm like "Um what are you doing!?' and he goes "um please let me touch your xxxxx really quick' I said i had to go to the bathroom and drove off. I to this day can't believe that happened, hands down the worst date I've ever been on!
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    OMG.. where do i start. Well for starters i met this guy one night at the bar (lol) and he seems super cool/nice/sweet. He said he was going to the rodeo (not my style really) and that i should join him. I was a bit uneasy about driving a about 1 1/2 hours on a date with a guy i barely new but since i just got done with my divorce, i thought id give it a shot. Well he pics me up and with in 15 mins of us driving, he starts to hold my hand, like we had been dating for years. Ugh!!! Then we stop and meet up with his friends and while we are waiting for them all to get there, he was all over me like stink on ****. I could barely breath. We then hopped in the truck and he, again was constantly touching me, even when i would pull away and take my hand away. Well needless to say, i tried my best to keep my distance till we had to leave and was praying that time would hurry up. The whole time i kept thinking i was in a nightmare. This guy wasn't funny, was a creep and i got a really bad feeling from him, like he would rape me if he had a chance. NOT JOKING! So we finally headed home and the whole ride home, i had my hand on my PEPPER SPRAY the WHOLE TIME. We finally get to my house and even as i gave him a hug good bye i had my hand, still on my pepper spray. I waited for him to actually drive away before i went into my apartment, so he didnt know which one i lived in and for the 1st time in a long time i actually locked all my doors and windows in fear that he would attack me. NO JOKE. That night i called a friend (who is now my husband) and said "I'm ****ing done dating. I almost had to pepper spray this ****ing guy, worst date EVER!" I think that was Coleman's (my husband)cue to make his move! He was on a flight to Seattle 2 weeks later. lol

You broke the first rule of first dates! Never let the man pick you up chivalry is dead for a reason, there's way too many crazies out there you need an escape route now a' days!
  • nas24
    Options

You broke the first rule of first dates! Never let the man pick you up chivalry is dead for a reason, there's way too many crazies out there you need an escape route now a' days!

Yeah i figured that out quick. I was about to call a friend or my parents to come get me. I NEVER went on another date, ever. Just with my husband that i knew since i was 16
  • nas24
    Options
    I had been flirting with this guys from school for a while he was always nice, and then one day he asked me out the the movies, I was single at the time and he seemed like a cool guys so I said yes, so fast forward to friday night the following week, and we're at the movies, I don't remember what we were watching (probably due to the trama), and he puts his arm around me....ok doesn't seem to odd, but I noticed that he was fidgeting around, with his hands in his lap, and then I look down to see what's he's doing and to my surprise he's masturbating!! So I'm like "Um what are you doing!?' and he goes "um please let me touch your xxxxx really quick' I said i had to go to the bathroom and drove off. I to this day can't believe that happened, hands down the worst date I've ever been on!

Oh man!! LOL, thats messed up!