Fit Men / Un-fit Women

Options

Replies

• ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wish men could give birth

Some men wish they could too. I'd have given anything to save my ex from all she went through at the time...plus it's a pretty amazing thing in and of itself.

I agree with saving my wife from the pain she went through. I also agree it is an amazing event.

But where do you propose the 7 to 12lb baby exit the male body? :noway:

Not signing off on this one until I get the answer to that question

And YOU get a trophy!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Some men wish they could too. I'd have given anything to save my ex from all she went through at the time...plus it's a pretty amazing thing in and of itself.

I agree with saving my wife from the pain she went through. I also agree it is an amazing event.

But where do you propose the 7 to 12lb baby exit the male body? :noway:

Not signing off on this one until I get the answer to that question

And YOU get a trophy!

Cool. Going to clear some mantle space for it right now :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women. At first I thought that they were trying to be White Knights but now i'm not so sure. Is it because men are afraid to say how they truely feel? I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

I am very curious about this!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women.

I don't know many guys who only have one specific type. Some days I can go for a Gina Carano (fit and strong), some days maybe Natalie Portman, and some days (a lot of days) are a Christina Hendricks kind of day. I might prefer the latter over the first two usually, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be attracted to the other two.
    Yeh but what days are you attracted to Oprah or Rosie O'Donell ?
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options
    This thread is almost comic lol...but I like it!

Very much agreed
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Actually when I was less fit, I went for bigger guys so I could feel smaller. Now I tend to be attracted to more fit guys, but really it's more about the face. Nice face does more than a nice body...and a nice body without good looks is a bummer! Some guys are into softer-looking women and some just want something to 'stick it in.'
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women.

I don't know many guys who only have one specific type. Some days I can go for a Gina Carano (fit and strong), some days maybe Natalie Portman, and some days (a lot of days) are a Christina Hendricks kind of day. I might prefer the latter over the first two usually, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be attracted to the other two.

I'd nail the **** out of Oprah.

EDIT: You're probably asking the wrong guy. I'm partial to some chubby women.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options

Wow, I have never heard ANY guy say that! Lol you just won some sort of award. I'm not sure what yet, but you get a trophy ! :bigsmile:

Really??

:noway:

Yes, but I haven't had kids yet, and I don't think the opportunity for that comment has come up for my Husband. I'll ask him tomorrow! LOL
  • trishoida
    trishoida Posts: 95
    Options

I wish SOME men could give birth :)
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options

I'd nail the **** out of Oprah.

Only cause she would buy you stuff
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options

Well that just means you'll do anybody :) kidding
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is something I've been thinking about for a very long time now. And since this is primarily a female site, I feel like it's appropriate to ask here. The question is simple yet the answer escapes me.

Why is it that women, overweight women in general, set their preference in men to be strong and fit?

I've seen comments to the effect of, "No six pack, no date" and my man has to have {insert muscle type here}. I bring this up because over the years, I've noticed women, really the entire population, have become bigger and lazier in keeping fit and taking care of themselves. I see a lot of it here but also when out with friends. Most of my friends are female but I would never ask them this.

If men are doing all that they can do to stay healthy by strength training, cardio, diet and active hobbies, why is it that overweight women without an active lifestyle would think that a man like this would be interested in them?

For the most part, I am one of these men. Having to forgive myself for the recent uptick in weight, I am blessed to have found MFP to bring myself back into the big picture and have had great success. Overweight women have been attracted to me all my life but I find no attraction to them so this affects me regularly. Without going into what I find attractive, hopefully I can finally figure out what's going on here.

Please don't be offended by any of these statements or questions; they are intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken personally.

Wow, this is pretty damn rude. I personally couldn't give a rats *kitten* about whether a guy is fit or not. I give preference to guys who are intelligent, funny and have similar values to me (politically etc)

With regard to your question, you have pretty much answered it. You said yourself you wouldn't date an overweight woman because you don't find them attractive. So why should you expect women to want to date overweight or unfit men? It's okay for you to exclude women because of their size but not okay for them to do the same?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Wow, I have never heard ANY guy say that! Lol you just won some sort of award. I'm not sure what yet, but you get a trophy ! :bigsmile:

Really??

Yes, but I haven't had kids yet, and I don't think the opportunity for that comment has come up for my Husband. I'll ask him tomorrow! LOL

$100 he says exactly what I did.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this is something I've been thinking about for a very long time now. And since this is primarily a female site, I feel like it's appropriate to ask here. The question is simple yet the answer escapes me.

Why is it that women, overweight women in general, set their preference in men to be strong and fit?

I've seen comments to the effect of, "No six pack, no date" and my man has to have {insert muscle type here}. I bring this up because over the years, I've noticed women, really the entire population, have become bigger and lazier in keeping fit and taking care of themselves. I see a lot of it here but also when out with friends. Most of my friends are female but I would never ask them this.

If men are doing all that they can do to stay healthy by strength training, cardio, diet and active hobbies, why is it that overweight women without an active lifestyle would think that a man like this would be interested in them?

For the most part, I am one of these men. Having to forgive myself for the recent uptick in weight, I am blessed to have found MFP to bring myself back into the big picture and have had great success. Overweight women have been attracted to me all my life but I find no attraction to them so this affects me regularly. Without going into what I find attractive, hopefully I can finally figure out what's going on here.

Please don't be offended by any of these statements or questions; they are intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken personally.
    If the question was "Why is it that men, overweight men in general, set their preference in women to be thin and fit?" Would you really wonder? Would it ever dawn on you or anyone to ever even pose that question? The answer is the same to both questions. I just doubt that anyone would even question some fat, dumpy guy who wanted to date a super model.

^^ This, PERFECT answer. *applaud*
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options

Really??

$100 he tells me he gives birth every morning! :laugh:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

If the question was "Why is it that men, overweight men in general, set their preference in women to be thin and fit?" Would you really wonder? Would it ever dawn on you or anyone to ever even pose that question? The answer is the same to both questions. I just doubt that anyone would even question some fat, dumpy guy who wanted to date a super model.

^^ This, PERFECT answer. *applaud*

Yes, it's been stated several times now. The question has evolved over the pages.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Really??

Ask him if he gets attached to his food baby before he has to flush it.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    is the question one of entitlement? unfit people feeling entitled to find fit people attractive...?

if that's the case and you're a biologist, i think you have a pretty good idea of the answer.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options

Really??

• bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Really??

Well this went in an interesting-yet-can't-look-away direction...