Fit Men / Un-fit Women

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women. At first I thought that they were trying to be White Knights but now i'm not so sure. Is it because men are afraid to say how they truely feel? I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

I am very curious about this!
    So am I, but I doubt we will get an answer.

I think it IS that they are scared to say how they feel. Particularly when it comes to women's feelings, which we've all been taught (even the biggest *kitten* among us) to care for and protect.

That is not to say that they aren't somewhat telling the truth, and for some, I'm 100% sure they're attracted to heavier women...but look at it like this. When I'm asked or butt my nose into one of those threads...I'm ALWAYS honest (to me, lying to save feelings is just hurting them more, later). I say that I'm not normally 'attracted' to heavier women. This doesn't mean that certain heavier women couldn't catch my attention, even to the point where there would be real physical attraction. It means that if I was handed a picture and said yes or no...unless the girl was incredibly pretty and I could see some personality in the photo, I'd probably say no. That stupid 'When did this...become more attractive than THIS?!' picture that's posted up, with four thin women and four heavier women below...well, my preferance is the top left. Like...pretty close to my ideal.

Does this mean I couldn't meet, like, love, marry, and absolutely adore a heavier woman? Nope, it doesn't. And I'd love her body just as much as the thinner womans. But the attraction would HAVE to be there at the start, no matter what her weight. Thinner women just have it easier in that regard, where I'm concerned.

And the point of this long winded post is...90% of guys wouldn't tell you that...for fear of being insensitive. Wheras I feel it's insensitive to lie.
    Chris I agree 100% that some guys are attracted to heavier women (nothing wrong with that) and some guys are scared to to hurt a womens feelings, but why do they waste everyone's time including the OP's and post something that isnt true? Why not just not post at all? But in the last thread that I posted in for example regarding this subject it was one other guy and myself that stated that we were not attracted to heavier women and 100 or so other guys posting that they love heavier women. But at the same time their eye candy or celeb. crushes are always fit women. I think its because the women of MFP have more balls and are not afraid to be honest about their likes and dislikes.

I think that answer is simple. Support. Most of those men know what it's like to be ignored, overlooked, put down, or otherwise belittled for their weight. They don't want anyone (particularly women) who doesn't deserve it to suffer through that. It's not being a white knight really...in my opinion, it's just empathizing.

As to the second part...I don't think it's just the women of MFP. Women in general are allowed to like anything they want without fear of hurting feelings or crushing hopes. We're expected to take it like...well, men.
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    here's my 2 cents...

When I met my sons father, we were both over weight. when I think about myself now back then.. I really WIIIISH I was there now or could have told myself that I was good where I was. now that we have broken up, we are still both overweight, but working to get healthy. I don't look at people for what they are... I am more interested in are you trying to fix where you have been. There are so many people I have seen on this site that when they were really overweight, they wouldn't have gotten a second look, but once they lost the weight they are HOTTT. Turn someone down because of their weight, and come back when they are fit and sexy they aren't going to forget how they weren't good enough.

That said, now that I am working to get healthy, I don't think I could be with someone who just didn't care what they ate or how they looked because of overeating or something like that. I am putting in hard work and that would really bring me down seeing that. When people around you eat poorly, it is easier for you to do it too. I wouldn't go so far as to say "must have a 6 pack" but how about must care about what you eat and are doing to your body? Ok well I wouldn't say that but i'm sure you guys can all get my drift. I want my mate to have similar goals as I do now, so we can be healthy and active together. I am so over seeing this person in the mirror that I don't like, that even for love I couldn't just go back to where I am.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Thats not true, google any celeb or famous person and you can come up with numerous pics of them in less than a minute. Also I'm not saying that some men are not attracted to heavier women, I'm just saying that alot of men here suffer from White Knight Syndrome or just dont have the guts to say how they really feel. And that the majority of MFP. women are more honest about their likes and dislikes.

I didn't say you couldn't find photos of fat celebrities, I said you couldn't find SEXY photos of fat celebrities.

.... Fat celebrities don't dress as sexily as thin celebrities, so genuinely SEXY photos aren't going to be as easy to find. Ugly one piece does not often trump bikini, even if you are more attracted to the body beneath it. Plus, fat celebrities are marketed towards women.. and photos marketed towards women are definitely not as attractive to men. Also, did you read the part about there only being like 4 attractive fat celebrities? =P
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Ok, If both sexes are naturally attracted to fit members of the opposite sex, how comes there is so many men on MFP. that state they prefer larger women? Even though every time they post a pic of their celeb crush or what they consider to be their eye candy etc. its always a fit women and never and larger women. At first I thought that they were trying to be White Knights but now i'm not so sure. Is it because men are afraid to say how they truely feel? I mean I know women on MFP are blunt and say exactly what they like and dislike.

I think it IS that they are scared to say how they feel. Particularly when it comes to women's feelings, which we've all been taught (even the biggest *kitten* among us) to care for and protect.

That is not to say that they aren't somewhat telling the truth, and for some, I'm 100% sure they're attracted to heavier women...but look at it like this. When I'm asked or butt my nose into one of those threads...I'm ALWAYS honest (to me, lying to save feelings is just hurting them more, later). I say that I'm not normally 'attracted' to heavier women. This doesn't mean that certain heavier women couldn't catch my attention, even to the point where there would be real physical attraction. It means that if I was handed a picture and said yes or no...unless the girl was incredibly pretty and I could see some personality in the photo, I'd probably say no. That stupid 'When did this...become more attractive than THIS?!' picture that's posted up, with four thin women and four heavier women below...well, my preferance is the top left. Like...pretty close to my ideal.

Does this mean I couldn't meet, like, love, marry, and absolutely adore a heavier woman? Nope, it doesn't. And I'd love her body just as much as the thinner womans. But the attraction would HAVE to be there at the start, no matter what her weight. Thinner women just have it easier in that regard, where I'm concerned.

And the point of this long winded post is...90% of guys wouldn't tell you that...for fear of being insensitive. Wheras I feel it's insensitive to lie.
    Chris I agree 100% that some guys are attracted to heavier women (nothing wrong with that) and some guys are scared to to hurt a womens feelings, but why do they waste everyone's time including the OP's and post something that isnt true? Why not just not post at all? But in the last thread that I posted in for example regarding this subject it was one other guy and myself that stated that we were not attracted to heavier women and 100 or so other guys posting that they love heavier women. But at the same time their eye candy or celeb. crushes are always fit women. I think its because the women of MFP have more balls and are not afraid to be honest about their likes and dislikes.

I think that answer is simple. Support. Most of those men know what it's like to be ignored, overlooked, put down, or otherwise belittled for their weight. They don't want anyone (particularly women) who doesn't deserve it to suffer through that. It's not being a white knight really...in my opinion, it's just empathizing.

As to the second part...I don't think it's just the women of MFP. Women in general are allowed to like anything they want without fear of hurting feelings or crushing hopes. We're expected to take it like...well, men.

You also have to think of the confusion that would be created if men started posting pictures of women who are the size of women who are trying to get down to the size of smaller women...on this site..... And saying that's what they find attractive.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options

I can't say whether this is true or not as I am a female, but I can tell you that my fiance likes bigger girls, and fit girls. He doesn't like skinny girls. I think that some guys try to say that they like bigger women just so they can seem like the nice guy that doesn't care about looks, where as other guys are just like yeah I like fit women, overweight women are unattractive, and that's fine. I do know for sure that not everyone is attracted to the same type of person. If that were the case, we'd all be clones. What I find attractive, others don't. My best friend was attracted to big, over weight guys, she was overweight too, and that was what she liked, tall overweight men. The only guy I'm attracted to is my fiance, and Gerard Butler (who isn't?). Same is said for guys. My fiance loves girls that have meat on their bones, with huge boobs, and his brother likes thin girls with little boobs. You can't just say it's cookie cutter, that everyone is attracted to fit people, because that's not true.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options

No, real men when asked for their honest opinion are taught to be honest and if they dont have anything nice to say to keep their mouth shut in order not to lie or risk offending a women. Men who lie, to me lack character and are just spineless jellyfish.
    Also what your saying is, No wife, girlfriend or women ect. should ever trust their man's or a man's opinion of them because real men are taught to lie?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yes, it's been stated several times now. The question has evolved over the pages.

I am sorry, I had to laugh, but did you notice where your post re the evolution of the post ended up? Right in between the potty humor posts :bigsmile:
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options

No, real men when asked for their honest opinion are taught to be honest and if they dont have anything nice to say to keep their mouth shut in order not to lie or risk offending a women. Men who lie, to me lack character and are just spineless jellyfish.
    Also what your saying is, No wife or girlfriend ect. should ever trust their man's opinion of them because real men are taught to lie?

No, I think what Cris is saying is that men will happily express what they like, but theyre not going to openly express that they think fat women are unattractive on this site, because there are a lot of overweight women on this site, and that would just hurt a lot of people. So not that they are lying, just not talking about their "dislikes" like they would their "likes". :smile:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Overweight women have been attracted to me all my life but I find no attraction to them so this affects me regularly.

Don't break your hand patting yourself on the back kid :tongue: KIDDING

But seriously this statement makes the wrong assumption that overweight women don't have an active lifestyle. you see me at 230pounds, but not knowing I came from 300pounds you would just assume I am lazy an inactive. not the case, I can probably out run whoever thinks that.

This. Even overweight I can usually outwork and outlast everyone i know.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options

Yes, it's been stated several times now. The question has evolved over the pages.

I am sorry, I had to laugh, but did you notice where your post re the evolution of the post ended up? Right in between the potty humor posts :bigsmile:

Now I'm cracking up again :laugh:
  • FlyeredUp
    Options

Also what your saying is, No wife or girlfriend ect. should ever trust their man's opinion of them because real men are taught to lie?

No, I think what Chris is saying is that men will happily express what they like, but theyre not going to openly express that they think fat women are unattractive on this site, because there are a lot of overweight women on this site, and that would just hurt a lot of people. So not that they are lying, just not talking about their "dislikes" like they would their "likes". :smile:
    So Like I said no women should ever trust their husbands, boyfriends or any male's opinion of them because we will be white knights and lie to them? And if their not going to openly express that they think fat women are unattractive on this site why don't they just not post at all on that type of subject? People come to this site for help and honest opinions etc. by lying to them it doesnt help them at all.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    Options

No, I think what Chris is saying is that men will happily express what they like, but theyre not going to openly express that they think fat women are unattractive on this site, because there are a lot of overweight women on this site, and that would just hurt a lot of people. So not that they are lying, just not talking about their "dislikes" like they would their "likes". :smile:
    So Like I said no women should ever trust their husbands, boyfriends or any male's opinion of them because we will be white knights and lie to them? And if their not going to openly express that they think fat women are unattractive on this site why don't they just not post at all on that type of subject? People come to this site for help and honest opinions etc. by lying to them it doesnt help them at all.

I guess I would have to see the kind of thing you are referring to. I mean if a woman asks am I attractive? Then she deserves whatever polite, honest answer she gets. But wouldn't a husband or boyfriend FIND their wife or girlfriend attractive
    AlReady? I think I'm just confused about the context you are referring to because I don't know what kind of posts you are talking about.
    Lying is bad. Honesty is good. Avoidance or yes, not posting at all, is sometimes a proper course of action.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I wish men could give birth

The human race would die out.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I think you're going far beyond what I meant...or just missed my point. I said MOST men on this site know what it means to be overweight. To be excluded, belittled, put down...etc. This is regardless of their current level of fitness. This could cause them to be more empathetic to other overweight people...thus 'softening' the reality with a lie. That empathy could also have made them truly feel that looks aren't relevant. Also...embarrassment could have caused them to be more comfortable around heavier women...and now that they've lost weight...when it comes down to it...that comfort remains. And then you have men who are just naturally attracted to heavier women.

Lots of reasons there...and I'm sure there's many others I missed.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

You give us far too little credit :(.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options
    I think you're going far beyond what I meant...or just missed my point. I said MOST men on this site know what it means to be overweight. To be excluded, belittled, put down...etc. This is regardless of their current level of fitness. This could cause them to be more empathetic to other overweight people...thus 'softening' the reality with a lie. That empathy could also have made them truly feel that looks aren't relevant. Also...embarrassment could have caused them to be more comfortable around heavier women...and now that they've lost weight...when it comes down to it...that comfort remains. And then you have men who are just naturally attracted to heavier women.

Chris I understand that, It was less than a year ago that I was obese and weighed 287 lbs last Feb.. Also in my mind I still consider myself as being fat ( its hard to put into words) So sombody that puts down a fat person is also insulting me aswell. What I am saying is instead of lying, give them constructive advice, or just not post anything.
  • FlyeredUp
    Options

You give us far too little credit :(.
    :bigsmile:
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options

You miss the fact that many fat dudes prefer skinny women. Look at TV do you ever see a fat woman with a "hot" husband? No it is always the other way or she has a fat husband herself.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Chris I understand that, It was less than a year ago that I was obese and weighed 287 lbs last Feb.. Also in my mind I still consider myself as being fat ( its hard to put into words) So sombody that puts down a fat person is also insulting me aswell. What I am saying is instead of lying, give them constructive advice, or just not post anything.

Oh I agree completely. As I mentioned...I'm always honest about that.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

You miss the fact that many fat dudes prefer skinny women. Look at TV do you ever see a fat woman with a "hot" husband? No it is always the other way or she has a fat husband herself.

We're talking on mfp specifically. Otherwise...I agree with you.