The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I can see my clothes fitting better, people tell me I have lost weight, and the F@#$%^&*&^%$ scale does not want to move much. Just seeing how someone else can change their body but not the scale really is a huge psychological boost. You did a great thing for a lot of people by putting that out there today. Thank you!!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Strength training really does make all the difference in the world. Since upping my strength training I've lost a crap-ton of inches, but very little in terms of weight. I've since put my scale away. I weigh-in once a week now instead of obsessing over my weight 1-2 times a day!
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    WHOOPS! Forgot to say how great you look. You have made remarkable progress!! You ought to be extremely proud of yourself. Great Great Work!!!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! the scale indeed lies. I've had a similar experience, but no pics as amazing as yours !!! AWESOME job! Keep spreading the word that changing our bodies isn't just about a number on the scale :)
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow that is AMAZING!!!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Strength training really does make all the difference in the world. Since upping my strength training I've lost a crap-ton of inches, but very little in terms of weight. I've since put my scale away. I weigh-in once a week now instead of obsessing over my weight 1-2 times a day!

you read my mind - I've been a daily weigher for as long as I can remember and just recently figured out the torture device was deciding my mood in the morning and that just wasn't going to cut it. I'm making progress whether it wants to admit it or not...but I can't help but check it because I want to see the dang 100s again, haha :)
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    WOAH! :noway: Now that's just amazing.
  • jeenim
    jeenim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have come off the wagon so many times because the scales made me depressed "what's the point?" "I don't get anywhere" and "all that work for nothing" - once after 18 months and going down 2 dress sizes I still through in the towel because the scales said I had only lost 6 kg. So, I am TRYING to ignore them and your post is a fantastic help. Congratulations!
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thanks for sharing!
  • dvm_meggles
    dvm_meggles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job! Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's crazy! I wouldn't have imagined it was even possible to change that much and have the scale not move. You look great!!
  • TiffaniUT
    TiffaniUT Posts: 23
    Options
    Holy cow, Em! You look AWESOME!!!!! You have worked So hard and your body reflects that, like that badass you are! :)
  • newday332
    newday332 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! I need to keep referring back to this post. Your hard work and dedication surely shows!!! Well done! Thanks for posting this.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, WOW!!! That is amazing, and you are too! Great job!!!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thx soooo much for sharing this!!! BTW ur lookin awesome! Great job!
  • YouKnowWhoThisIs
    Options
    what's your height??? just curious.

I have been stuck at 205/210 mark for about 2 months. It is driving me absolutely batty. I am at the gym 1 1/2 hours, 5-6 days a week. I just don't get it. People compliment me on my "losses" meanwhile I am stuck. Hearing your photos is encouraging, but I also don't want to fool myself into thinking I am doing well, but most 5'4 women should not be 205 lbs....

Will buy a measuring tape tomorrow though
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!!!! I've been banging my head against at brick wall about the scale. You have done an awesome job! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is some super amazing results!
  • AngelDog1
    AngelDog1 Posts: 89
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! You look amazing! Great job on all your success!
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just awesome!! You're scale, the scale is just one measure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!