The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    what's your height??? just curious.

I have been stuck at 205/210 mark for about 2 months. It is driving me absolutely batty. I am at the gym 1 1/2 hours, 5-6 days a week. I just don't get it. People compliment me on my "losses" meanwhile I am stuck. Hearing your photos is encouraging, but I also don't want to fool myself into thinking I am doing well, but most 5'4 women should not be 205 lbs....

Will buy a measuring tape tomorrow though

I'm 5'6 :) That's great you're working so hard - I've had to change up my routine a number of times to keep my body changing, but I've still got a ways to go. And you ARE doing well!!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    .......................oh. *throws out scale*
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Amazing...good for you!! Pardon me, dinosaur here...what is P90X???
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    So stinkin awesome!!! You.Rock. I kind of have a similar thing going on....wish I took pics.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    WOW! You definitely look different!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    your replacing fat with muscles. you also have to measure your body fat. i agree if scale can be false positive, most athletes and body builders will agree to this.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Woah! I would never ever think you were at similar weights! I too hate the scale so much

Same. I'm sitting at 207 right now and I would never guess that you even weigh 200. I would guess you around 190. But, I started lifting weights and I was getting frustrated at not seeing any results. I'm going to go take pictures right now. Thank you.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Thanks for sharing!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    I so AGREE... and you look FABULOUS!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and I love this. I've been getting discouraged because I'm almost 6 weeks into a lifting program and the scale hasn't moved. I think I'm gonna come look at this thread when I start feeling down about it. lol
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Amazing...good for you!! Pardon me, dinosaur here...what is P90X???

No worries :) It's a beachbody workout you can do at home - it is a mix of strength, cardio, and yoga for 90 days!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I have seen pics like this before but none so obvious as yours. you look great.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You look so good!

How many inches (if you don't mind me asking) have you lost???
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    So stinkin awesome!!! You.Rock. I kind of have a similar thing going on....wish I took pics.

Congrats on your amazing loss so far!!! It's never too late to start taking pictures :)
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    You rock! ...I need to remember to take more pictures instead of trusting the scale. ;)
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! You look so good!

How many inches (if you don't mind me asking) have you lost???

Thank you!

As for the inches...I wish I knew :( I started MFP last July at 239 and took one photo and didn't start measuring and taking monthly photos until January. I could kick myself now bc I would really like to know!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    This is such a great thread b/c the scale has barely moved for me since starting at the end of January 2012 but I have been lifting as well...So this is great to see such a difference even when the scale doesn't move....You look amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing your pics!! :happy:
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    wow!!
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    WoW!! Great job!! I agree with you 100%!!! The scale can play huge mind games is horrible at times!! I only weigh in 2 times a month now. The scale is the same and hardle every moves but the measurments shows it all and how the cloths fit.. I agree put the scale away it does no good!!
  • chelle2868
    Options
    Great job! You look great! I too hate the torturous scale. I hate how it can add 2 lbs in an hour when I haven't eaten or drank anything. I don't think I will every understand it and I don't believe the rule that if you are under 3500 calories you lose a pound, because it certainly doesn't work that way for me sometimes.

Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!