The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You Look Great! So Jealous you were able to lose all the weight on your stomach.:tongue: ::flowerforyou:
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    THANK YOU! You are an inspiration to me. I will immediately throw the scale in my closet now. haha
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Which goes to show that muscle is distributed differently but may even weigh more than fat or as I describe it "flab" lol.. I always see it like a cotton ball and a marble "steelie" the same size..One is almost weightless while the other is dense and so weighs much much more. I kind of compare that to our flab before we get toned up..:)
  • Cathy_ann913
    Cathy_ann913 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! My friends keep telling to stop weighing, but I'm obsessed. You're a good reason to STOP!
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pictures are great proof!!! Wonderful job! Keep it up, definitely getting toned. :-)
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    NICE!! Also, love the new bikini :)
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!! I too would have never guessed you were near the same weight as your before picture :) Oh how the scale sucks :frown: That's why I've started taking measurements :happy:
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Whoa girl, you worked it. Great job.
  • adina1973
    adina1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes it is! Here's why! I love this visual of how much ROOM fat takes up v. muscle! http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/muscle-to-fat.html Congrats on some incredible progress!!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Upon urging from a few of my MFPs here, I'm posting the below picture. The photo on the left is from Jan 1st when I weighed 202lbs - the photo on the right is from this morning when I weighed 203lbs. Since January, I've done P90X and I'm finishing up month 1 of Insanity.

Just goes to show your body can change and the scale won't show it ONE BIT. If I didn't take photos and measurements, I would surely be insane by now.

2w4bqpt.jpg

thank you so much for posting this. I needed to see this. It is also motivating me to toughen out with my insanity. I have not been able to get thru day 2

IGNORE THE TORTURE DEVICE aka the scale!!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Great pictures!
  • ermickel
    ermickel Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WOW what a great post! You look completely different, awesome job and THANKS!!
  • Mandired78
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • kristin1219
    Options
    thank you for sharing! what amazing progress you've made & a great eye opener for all of us who depend on the scale!
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    omg you look amazing!!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    great work!!! you look awesome! fat loss will always be less than what you see. fat doesn't weigh as much as we think it does. :D keep up the good work!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Keep up the great work!!
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Awesome Awesome Awesome!!

Kudos to you in your hard work and for sharing your success. Its a great message you are sending. Its not about that stupid number we all like to obsess about (myself included lol).
  • miriamaaland
    miriamaaland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your photo's and sharing your experience!! You look amazing! I have been really frustrated and thought I was unique with this problem. Thanks!
  • mosertheninja
    mosertheninja Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job! So true. Great encouragement now that I've reached a plateau in my weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!