I don't understand........

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    How people have trouble eating all their calories? Can someone explain?

um, theres this weird thing where sometimes ppl arent hungry.
  • DianeMomof2
    DianeMomof2 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm only two weeks in and I have to say as I eat better foods I do feel more satsified but if I don't walk, I don't have enough calories to get me through my day! I don't know what I will do when my calories drop.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    to be honest it doesnt make sense to me either.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Yeah I've never had that problem. I just finished a chobani and I'm already counting down to my next snack of carrots and guac...it's how I get through the work day.

I also don't strive to eat clean and I love carbs. If I have extra calories at the end of the day I'll reach for a beer or wine and enjoy every sip :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Just spend 60 seconds eating peanut butter. 4 spoonfuls...it's like 500 calories. Not hard.

So you get cals but also get sugars and hydrogenated oils. Not hard, but not alwys the best.

and no, us folks that don't get all our cals are looking for attention, we're just not shoving food down our throats 24/7

I said peanut butter not Nutella. Plenty of no sugar, non-hydrogenated options out there. And I said 60 seconds, not 24/7. It's a realistic amount of time to fill any unwanted calorie deficit.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I have breakfast, I'm full.

I eat a snack, like a banana, and I'm happy.

Lunch time, I eat something semi-healthful.

Maybe another heathful snack, like an Orange.

Dinner, Baked chicken breast, some brown rice and some steamed veggies.

Done, look at my food and I have 800 calories left. WTF.

So, I have 6 glasses of wine. :) No problem at all.
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    I think the idea that food=fatness is so pervasive that when we try to lose weight, people try subconsciously to stay on the verge of being hungry all the time, otherwise it doesn't feel like you're doing enough.

This seems' to be my problem and I imagine for many others as well.

One day into keeping solid track of my eating and I am already finding it difficult to meet the 1200/day requirements! It seems like I've been moderating myself too strictly and in my attempt to try and be 'good' and not over-eat I've ended up cutting back in the places I didn't need to cut back to begin with.

I thought using egg-whites would be better, but I ended up disliking the taste and cutting out unnecessary calories and I have over 100 carbs left to consume today. I could have eaten a little more for lunch and have gotten more calories in as well as a bit more protein (the lunch itself had about 8 grams where as breakfast has 18).

In my attempt to try so hard and be 'good', I've ended up trying TOO hard. A handful of baked chips can help a bit for today, and making sure my dinner has more veggies and protein (So far I am thinking grilled chicken-nom nom). But tomorrow I'll be aware that I don't need to be as strict as I have been.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    you care, because?
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    you care, because?

Because there are tons of posts about the subject and I'm curious to know how this happens. I know for me when I'm working out and eating the right foods my body is ready to eat every 3 - 4 hours. It's something I never understood. I had a roommate in college who used to talk about how she would forget to eat....I don't get it.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member

I don't think they do. They just want attention most of the time.

Judgemental much? I am also one of those who find themselves with excess calories at the end of the day, mostly because, after all the years of trying to keep calories as low as possible, it's hard to buy into the "eat your allotted calories or go into starvation mode" theory. And I've been eating healthier, simple as that.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    It's something I don't 'get' either. We're all on here because at one point we ate too many calories, so how can people now all of a sudden not eat enough?

It's not a problem I have :laugh: .

some people are here recovering from EDs. Actually. A lot are.

Sorry if I sounded flippant in my above post, I guess I wasn't thinking of people recovering from EDs.

Although, IMO, this site would be detrimental to someone who has an eating disorder. It would only make an unhealthy obsession with food even worse. And I've seen evidence of this on the forums.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member

Judgemental much? I am also one of those who find themselves with excess calories at the end of the day, mostly because, after all the years of trying to keep calories as low as possible, it's hard to buy into the "eat your allotted calories or go into starvation mode" theory. And I've been eating healthier, simple as that.

But do you post on here about how it is so hard for you to eat enough? The posting about it (It seems like there is a new post on this subject every hour) is the attention grabbing part.
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    haha i always think this, i could never struggle. i struggle to stay under xx
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member

um, theres this weird thing where sometimes ppl arent hungry.

thanks, i am only 4ft 10, i eat very healthy and very well, not everyone got fat by eating 4000 cals a day everyone is different but sometimes i am just NOT hungry is that a crime....
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

Personally? No, I eat like a hobbit and would eat their too if it worked that way. That being said mostly what I hear is that many people's bodies (like my mom's) are just trained to not use their foods efficiently and to not feel hungry. When I first got her on here she came to visit me and we figured out she was only eating about 900 to 1000 calories per day and feeling full. We upped it to 1300 and she immediately lost weight, but it was difficult for her to eat that much despite the ice cream.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    I don't generally have that problem but it's because of the food I eat.

Try eating enough watermelon or similar fruit to get the same amount of cals as even 1 slice of bread. That's a lot of watermelon....
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    I have a hard time because I'm not eating loads of calories after 9pm. I didn't over eat before, I made bad choices with sugar loaded foods.
    Not to mention some of us have health related issues that make it hard to lose weigh.
    This of all places is not where we should judge each other, were all here to lose weight, gain weight or just maintain.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member

But do you post on here about how it is so hard for you to eat enough? The posting about it (It seems like there is a new post on this subject every hour) is the attention grabbing part.

I don't see how people posting about having an issue eating all their calories is any different from someone posting about eating over their calories every day and having a difficult time staying withing their calorie goal. These are both reasonable struggles. Not everyone is coming to this site with the same issues, the same history, the same current status. I don't understand how someone discussing their specific struggle makes them an attention junkie, if that were true we'd all be caught red handed.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member

True! Those that post looking for help want attention because how is someone going to help you eat more cals? Add some butter :laugh: But people do have this issue when they are eating really healthy and dont want to reach their goal by eating ice cream at night.
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    I really feel everyone is different. I rarely have any calories left for the day and if I do, I plan an evening snack to fill in the gap. Everyone's body works different though. I do wish they could pass their extra calories on to me...........