H2O = water

Options
12346»

Replies

• ginger_red
    ginger_red Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also, your body needs water to flush out the excess in flavored water. Your best bet would be adding fresh fruit and fruit only to it, imo. But even at that, your body still needs good plain water!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    But even at that, your body still needs good plain water!

Then i must be a medical marvel, as i never consume plain water, yet feel healthier and fitter than ever? Shows we dont NEED plain water...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    But even at that, your body still needs good plain water!

Then i must be a medical marvel, as i never consume plain water, yet feel healthier and fitter than ever? Shows we dont NEED plain water...

Oh, please. It's simply a miracle that you haven't dropped dead of dehydration yet. We all know it. We're just counting the days and hoping we're in your will!
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I think drinking sweetened drinks instead of plain water also desensitizes your taste buds so when you actually enjoy sugar, it takes way more to "hit the spot" than if you were drinking your water plain.

Entirely agree. Regular soda, sugar stuff like Jello, just tastes so off to me now. I still occasionally do a diet soda and enjoy that, and sugar free jello is really good for me fighting a damn sweet tooth. But I feel like moving to a very heavy water intake that I now desire water a lot, stay well hydrated, and I am not a fan of processed food AS much as I used to be.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe people are really discussing this this much. Just drink some damn water and shudap.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You need the equivalent of 8 cups of water a day on average, from any source. These sources can be pure water/tea/coffee/juice/soda/milk/fruit/veg etc. It does NOT have to be pure neat water!

And where do you get this from?

This goes against everything I was taught and have ever learned.

Taught by whom? Because it's wrong.

What's wrong about this is that the general recommendation is 8-9 glasses ON TOP OF the water you get from food because we need a lot more than 8 glasses (don't know the general rule here, sorry) but some of it is derived from food sources. All numbers are general average human so everyone could be different.
    Actually the 8 cups a day (not glasses) recommendation was meant to include water from food.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe people are really discussing this this much. Just drink some damn water and shudap.

/thread
  • Hpmichigan
    Hpmichigan Posts: 5
    Options
    I am seriously cracking up from some of these posts.

If I were to walk into my classroom tomorrow and a high school student told me that adding crystal light to water didn't make it H20 anymore I would make him stay behind for tutoring because he is more than likely going to fail.

Someone can insert the "cool story bro" meme here now. :P

As far as dieting goes; I say as long as you are retaining the water. It counts as water. (Most likely not: Tea & Coffee because they tend to actually dehydrate you (but everyone is different)

Let me break that down for you one more time... If you put water in your body at the same time as ANYTHING ELSE (cracker backwash, crystal light, lemons) it is STILL water. A magical fairy does not come and change the water into poop.

If you are talking about something that actually causes a chemical reaction that is something different entirely. BUT not many things actually cause chemical reactions strong enough to actually change chemical structure.

Crystal light won't dehydrate your body and negate all of the water that you just drank.
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    As far are pure hydration is concerned:

Here we go again!

You need the equivalent of 8 cups of water a day on average, from any source. These sources can be pure water/tea/coffee/juice/soda/milk/fruit/veg etc. It does NOT have to be pure neat water!

:flowerforyou:

^Not a sarcastic flower. This is a great post

agreed