What was your small success today?

Options

Replies

• rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    not giving in to the cake my husband waved in my face. i felt a lot better when he ate his and mine. made me smile to myself
  • Skyecath
    Skyecath Posts: 33
    Options
    Didn't have mayonnaise with my lunch, now that's an achievement for me!
  • Brandybeayon
    Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was offered a cookie and I said no thank you even though I was wanting it sooooo bad
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My small success today was really a huge success. I was out with friends running errands and as we finished them up they decided to go through Wendy's drive thru. I was so proud of myself because I didn't order anything! Not even a salad. I had my friend pull up to Stop & Shop (it's in the same plaza). I went in and bought two pieces of fruit and my favorite healthy choice frozen entree (290 cals) and when we got to her house I popped it in the microwave and ate a piece of fruit while I waited the five minutes for it to cook.

I cannot begin to tell you what an accomplishment that is for me. I was a fast food junkie to the core! And the fact that I passed on Wendy's shows me that there's a shift in the way I'm thinking about eating and that's very important.

No need to bypass Wendy's if you order a small chili (no cheese) and pour it on a side garden salad (no dressing). Only about 240 cals, yummy and satisfying. :)
  • 2blueeyedbabies
    Options
    My small success today was eating left overs from dinner last night -- a plain baked potato with my life-saving spray butter (LOL!) and half a chicken breast -- instead of eating Little Caesars pizza and crazy bread with the rest of my family. NOTHING tastes as good as losing weight feels!!!!! Well...maybe chocolate... ;)
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Made it throught day one, was not as bad as I expected....Didn't get my favorite 4 berry sundae when I stopped at Sam's today, and it was hot here today.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I won a push-up contest. :D
  • graves2102
    graves2102 Posts: 38
    Options
    pulled out three biscuits to eat with my tea for breakfast and purposely pushed the third aside- there is no way i would have done that 2 weeks ago! i know it's not much, but it's a personal achievement :D
  • heidi10537
    heidi10537 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's will power, good for you.
  • 2blueeyedbabies
    Options
    I promised the kids (and hubby) I would get donuts for a treat this Sunday morning. They each got to choose two donuts - one for now and one for later - and mommy didn't get any. Not even a bite. I came home, sat down with the family and ate my Total cereal and a cup of coffee.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    made chocolate chip cookies with my son for his teachers and didn't eat any dough or cookies.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track after going AWOL for over a week, lol.
  • arserine
    arserine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fell off the bandwagon last night, but came back today ready to start again. Plus I made a plan for how to deal with similar events in the future.
  • Brandybeayon
    Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I took my kids on a walk even though I wanted to go back to sleep
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I've had pneumonia for the last 2 weeks and been too exhausted to even get off the couch. Today, I went for an hour long walk and did some light strength training. It's a fraction of my usual exercise but I'm proud that I'm getting back to my exercise routine :)
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Mine was resisting most of my mindless snacking urges. I have a tendency to grab a few small things while I'm in the kitchen- a couple dates here, maybe a couple crackers later, then some strawberries. I'm a hardcore grazer, which is fine, but a lot of it is just mindless. I did a good job resisting some temptations to eat for no reason today though, and I'm pretty pleased with my eating over all.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers said today
    "I'm not being creepy or anything, but have you lost weight? I almost didn't recognise you from behind!"
    :bigsmile:
    Also, today I reached the weight I was on the day I had my son, 5.5 years ago!
  • Candoall
    Candoall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just returned home from a weekend family vacay and did not bring home additional pounds!!! Woohoo!!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of walking.
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Love this positive thread. Mine was going for a walk after dinner when I really just wanted to crash in front of the TV and my neighbour wanting to know how i got so skinny (and she was the one that introduced me to MFP).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!