What was your small success today?

Options
amanda3588
amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
We can't jump on the scale everyday and miraculously lose 5 lbs, but we can all have small victories every day.

Mine was eating out for lunch, and not eating the crispy, buttery, garlicy bread that came with my otherwise healthy blackened chicken salad.

Not much, but normally I would have devoured it.

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Having a friend of mine say that I have helped him lose the 30 pounds that he's lost so far.
  • zaba13
    zaba13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I survived day 1 of 30DS! :)
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm about to head out to lunch today and have decided that I'm getting my usual half buffalo chicken salad with grilled instead of fried chicken on it and substituting my normal ranch (which is EXTREMELY delicious as it's home made) with the low fat ranch.

I also started a more regular work out routine. I finally joined the Y. I've been talking about doing it forever. I joined yesterday and started this morning with swimming laps.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Instead of snacking on a handful of chips while checking my facebook I just got done eating some baby carrots :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Saw a little bit more definition in my arms at the gym and back to pre-planning my foods after not doing it for 2 weeks....
  • micwik
    micwik Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Going to Tim Horton's with co-workers just for the walk and not ordering anything. Not even a tea as I can make my own tea here at work.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Got 3 SUPER nice and responsive new MFP's.
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    so far eating healthy : ) excited bout working out once i get home: ) and NO SODA :tongue:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Lost 9 1/2 inches(I measure at the beginning of each month)!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • amanda3588
    Options
    Lost 9 1/2 inches(I measure at the beginning of each month)!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

That is fantastic!

Great job to all!
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Didn't binge. Felt like it. Felt like grabbing a coke and a candy bar or 3. I didn't though. I would have enjoyed the sugary goodness but still would have felt like crap.
  • sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My daughter couldn't go to school today because she has pink eye, so after the doctor, I took her to Pizza Hut (her fave) for the all you can eat buffet....... I had a salad, just veggies, no dressing :D
  • 447eliz
    447eliz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Having several people, both friends and coworkers, tell me that my weight loss has inspired them to make their own healthy lifestyle changes. Makes me feel good that I have help others realize that they can loss the weight too in a healthy way without fads or gimmicks. When I tell people how I have done it, by just watching what I eat and exercising, the look of shock on their face is priceless. Seems like everyone expects me to say some kind of miracle pill is the key.
    Have lost 36 lbs since January and feel great. Looking forward to see the remaining 20 fall off. :-)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    instead of eating my lamb gyro pita bread, I fed it to some squirrels. Then dozens of squirrels came and I had to run away.
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    After logging exercise, breakfast, and luch for the day, I saaw how many calories I had left and thought of eating out for dinner. Then I said NO!!! I googled a healthy spaghetti recipe instead!!
  • amanda3588
    Options
    After logging exercise, breakfast, and luch for the day, I saaw how many calories I had left and thought of eating out for dinner. Then I said NO!!! I googled a healthy spaghetti recipe instead!!

If you're even looking for healthy, low cal recipes check out skinnytaste.com. There is a plethora, yes plethora, or easy recipes using ingredients probably in your cupboard.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    40 minute lifting session despite the rain
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    To workout out at home when I can't make it to my regular Zumba class.
  • 3319jane
    3319jane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Joined my local swimming pool today so that I can swim before work each weekday morning - starting on Thursday :)
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 mile speedwalk/some light jogging trip yesterday with friends and felt GREAT when I woke up and like I could do it again. For once I don't feel like exercise is stressful or forced this time around. (I've added it into my schedule the last few weeks).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!