What was your small success today?

Options

Replies

• Brandybeayon
    Brandybeayon Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I beat my 9 year old in a sit up compitition!!!
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Went to grocery store and bought loads of veggies to make a giant salad to last the entire week. Romaine lettuce, some spring mix, carrots, cucumbers, green peppers, cherry tomatoes. Yum yum. Also picked up some black raspberries, granny smiths, and bananas. A very successful trip!
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    After logging exercise, breakfast, and luch for the day, I saaw how many calories I had left and thought of eating out for dinner. Then I said NO!!! I googled a healthy spaghetti recipe instead!!

If you're even looking for healthy, low cal recipes check out skinnytaste.com. There is a plethora, yes plethora, or easy recipes using ingredients probably in your cupboard.

I have been stalking skinnytaste.com since I read this post and I am OBSESSED! Thanks! :)

No problem. Best website I have ever found.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Instead of giving up when the reps were getting to me in my fitness class today, I pushed through the pain and finished the set AND did the run at the end (which I sometimes elect out of because I'm so wiped).
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    I completed 85 minutes of cardio. I did 45 minutes this morning and 40 this evening before meeting with my trainer. Trying to increase my cardio to jump-start my weight loss.
  • TrishaAvina
    TrishaAvina Posts: 48
    Options
    I went for a walk with my kids instead of sitting on the couch and watching cartoon's with them. And day two of giving up Alcoholic beverages, and cigarettes!!!! :):flowerforyou:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I have two NSV's...

I found the motivation to get up at 4am, and get myself to the gym by 4:45am to get a crowd-free workout in... MAN it was AWESOME this morning! I just dont want to workout after I get out of work. I want to go home, cook dinner for my husband and I can relax the night away with him.

The other - we had a staff meeting today... on the agenda we were told that the Director of Finance is pitching in for lunch for us next week AND its a paid lunch HOUR (instead of docking us for 30 minutes)... They had people vote for Dominos, Subway or D'Angelos...

Where I have too many food allergies/sensitivies and doctor's orders to follow, I let the manager know "please dont include me in the vote - I will need to bring in a lunch with no matter what you guys order"... I had people giving me the "its only once" speech - and I reminded them that everything these places serve, I simply cannot have otherwise, I will require an EMT for anaphylaxis.... I stuck to my guns and I really didnt give two - you-know-whats what the employees said... the managers were VERY understanding so I know Ive got support coming from the 'big guns' of the department!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Withstood the temptation of birthday cupcakes and Ben and Jerry's ice cream sundaes at work. Said no to both evrn with an intense amount of stress.
  • pbaker8307
    pbaker8307 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been out of town at a workshop...Yesterday, I went to the hotel fitness center to ride the recumbant bike after sitting for six hours in very uncomfortable hotel conference chairs. Today I got up this at 6am...can't sleep in a hotel room...and went back and worked out for nearly an hour. Hated every minute of it but felt so much better after I worked out both days.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I walked again today.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I guy I know for only 45 days came up to me to today and told me how good I looked.

I wanted to say, "You should have seen how bad I looked when I started this journey."

Instead, I just smiled and said, "Thank You."
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    started week 1 , day 1 of c25k today. Didnt do very well and will have to repeat it but its a start!
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    I got into a cool pair of capris that did not button 6 weeks ago. I had tossed them on the floor of the closet and was planning on consigning them. Now they fit. I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist!!!
  • Whimpy10
    Whimpy10 Posts: 20
    Options
    Walked 2 miles around the soccer field even though I didn't really wanta. I HATE exercise:smooched:
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    1. My friend and I split an entree for lunch saving calories and $'s.
    2. We did a half hour power walk to burn off some calories before heading back to the office.
    3. I had a chicken sandwich instead of hamburger for dinner.
    4. I did interval training during one of my chick flicks on tv rather than lounging on the sofa.
  • henrya09
    henrya09 Posts: 1
    Options
    I went to the gym twice today for 47 & 30 min...I'm so excited to be getting back in shape after having my baby
  • MeBeEmmDee
    MeBeEmmDee Posts: 12
    Options
    Managing to eat less than my daily calorie goal and that's with having some chips & some candy. Unfortunately, I think my head start of not waking up until noon takes away from my "victory".
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    60 minute walk in the light rain, did not want to do it, but I felt great after I came in :)
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I wore a shirt that hasn't fit in over a year. It was even loose on me!
  • Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    Played kickball with my 8 year old. Full on running until exhaustion, but she was exhausted too! Last spring I would have maybe pitched for her, but never run. She wanted to quit before I did!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!