What was your small success today?

Options

Replies

• jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This morning I fit into a pair of jeans that I never could get into before. I had to wear a belt as they were a little loose around the waist.
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    Getting out of bed and trying to work. Not being successful though...
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    This morning I fit into a pair of jeans that I never could get into before. I had to wear a belt as they were a little loose around the waist.

Yes! Congratulations!
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've got my monthly friend (sorry tmi) and I don't have to unbutton my dress slacks even with the bloat!
  • amanda3588
    Options
    My small success today was wearing shorts out in public:smile: I NEVER wear shorts...at least I haven't in years because I have been too self conscious! I have lost 18 lbs so far and although I have a ways to go...I am actually no longer embarassed to wear them!!! My husband was shocked to see me in them and even complimented my legs and said I sould wear shorts more often....he made my day!

I cannot wait for the day I will gladly wear shorts, skirts and dresses in public again.
  • sarahtatehoward
    Options
    I rode my bike to and from work today and yesterday. I feel successful for not giving up.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Well, this was Sunday, but oh well! I went shopping and tried on a ton of L dresses. Some of them looked horrible, but they all fit! Every single one, and I even had to take back some XLs to try on those Ls.
  • amanda3588
    Options
    There were fudgey, gooey, frosted brownies in the common area at work. I opted for a 100 calorie snack pack of fudge striped cookies. Chocolate minus the guilt.
  • lpofmommy
    lpofmommy Posts: 4
    Options
    I went to the gym 2 days in a row and ate well. Trying to get into the groove without driving myself insane about it.
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.2 miles today outside (without stopping or walking) for the first time! Did it in just under 31 minutes! I am thrilled!
  • tsegears
    tsegears Posts: 94
    Options
    Got away from my desk at lunch and went to the fitness facility. If I do some form of exercise during the day, I won't be disappointed if I don't do anything in the evening.
  • Gorgeous222
    Gorgeous222 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After logging exercise, breakfast, and luch for the day, I saaw how many calories I had left and thought of eating out for dinner. Then I said NO!!! I googled a healthy spaghetti recipe instead!!

If you're even looking for healthy, low cal recipes check out skinnytaste.com. There is a plethora, yes plethora, or easy recipes using ingredients probably in your cupboard.

I have been stalking skinnytaste.com since I read this post and I am OBSESSED! Thanks! :)
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    Avoiding the vending machine at work. I was unusually tempted today!
  • deeva2266
    deeva2266 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Avoided the afternoon urge to raid the vending machine at work :-)
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Successfully fought my monthly sugar craving for the first time in years!
  • mdorisi
    mdorisi Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    it's small, but I was able to wear a shirt I haven't worn in over a year. I'd call that a success :)
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    SPIN class!! Whole grain pasta for our spaghetti supper. And a much smaller serving of it too !!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    it's small, but I was able to wear a shirt I haven't worn in over a year. I'd call that a success :)

i did that on sunday. huge success! congrats!
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just started on my weight loss journey and do marketing for restaurants which leads to temptation EVERYWHERE I go. My small success is not only losing an additional 1.5 pounds, but resisting the siren song of those double bacon cheeseburgers (and sweet potato fries) and finding just as delicious, but healthier items.
  • GroovyGreenGrape
    Options
    that squirl one was hilarious just saying, I excerised in stead of sleeping :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!