What was your small success today?

Options

Replies

• hngland
    hngland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Passing up the baby shower/potluck at work and sticking to the plan. It's really hard for me to say no to cake!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I ordered a salad AFTER the guy beside me got a poutine!

I had to google this as I've never heard of it. And, OMG the pictures are uh--maz--ing....so, this is definitely a HUGE success I would say. :-)
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I normally workout 5 days a week I take Fridays off,this morning I got up extra early and did a 1 and 1/2 hours of cardio, also very stressful day at work with no dinner plans, in the past that would have meant dinner out, some places quick and fattening, but I had a nice healthy dinner at home logged what I ate for the day and came out below my calories.Over all a good day
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did 30 straight mintues of pilates this morning. It hurt like hell but I did it!
  • aniwani
    aniwani Posts: 110
    Options
    Today I put on a jacket to see if it fit, hasn't for forever and not only does it fit but it's huge on me ... I was totally shocked, it's a 1 button blazer and the button used to hit right under my boobs, but its dropped literally to my belly button... seriously wow and also excited to go shop for a replacement=)
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My small success was doing my first Zumba class..
  • materra
    materra Posts: 1
    Options
    I got off the couch and actually went for a walk today. Baby steps :)
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I challenged myself at the gym today to up the weights on the machines by at least 5 pounds on the ones I wasn't totally struggling with. In a couple of cases, I was able to add 10 more pounds. :) I'm not seeing the scale move at all just yet, so keeping my eye on a daily small success may be what I need to keep from getting discouraged...great post idea!!

At some point I know I'll move to the free weights, but for now the machines are keeping me focused.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    2 HUGE salads...... opted out of fries at dinner. about to drink my 10th cup of water and gearing up to go garage saleing tomorrow
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I challenged myself at the gym today to up the weights on the machines by at least 5 pounds on the ones I wasn't totally struggling with. In a couple of cases, I was able to add 10 more pounds. :) I'm not seeing the scale move at all just yet, so keeping my eye on a daily small success may be what I need to keep from getting discouraged...great post idea!!

At some point I know I'll move to the free weights, but for now the machines are keeping me focused.

To keep me focused to get to the big successes, its always motivating to be proud of my small successes
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Good thread! I was so tired after work today, really had to fight with myself to get on that bike
    and ride, but I did it and am really glad I did.
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of work pants today that fit fine before...BUT THEY ARE LOOSE now :bigsmile: Going to have to buy a new belt. Kept having to pull them up at work today (I'm not complaining).
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    no fast food! drove by ... let me think: 3 restaurants and like 5 fast food places (crap maybe I need to move!!) on the way home, and I was dog-tired and headachey, but I came home and cooked a real meal for myself.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Nothing related to fitness :/
    It's finals week so I don't have time to work out and I've been eating pretty badly lately too.. BUT I'm totally going to ace my chemistry exam!
  • sheschemes
    sheschemes Posts: 67
    Options
    I noticed my thighs aren't rubbing together as much when I run. That seems like a silly little thing, but it made me feel really good & pushed me to keep running instead of walking like I wanted to! Plus it was a muddy run, which is always fun!

That's not silly at all!
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Worked out on the treadclimber!
  • honeygirl0715
    Options
    My small success today was really a huge success. I was out with friends running errands and as we finished them up they decided to go through Wendy's drive thru. I was so proud of myself because I didn't order anything! Not even a salad. I had my friend pull up to Stop & Shop (it's in the same plaza). I went in and bought two pieces of fruit and my favorite healthy choice frozen entree (290 cals) and when we got to her house I popped it in the microwave and ate a piece of fruit while I waited the five minutes for it to cook.

I cannot begin to tell you what an accomplishment that is for me. I was a fast food junkie to the core! And the fact that I passed on Wendy's shows me that there's a shift in the way I'm thinking about eating and that's very important.
  • bearjr30
    bearjr30 Posts: 19
    Options
    i have to share i did a whole 14 min 30 seconds of low impact aerobics today...this is fantastic for me when i have been doing 7 and 7 and a half minutes.i don't know how i done i took a break in between twice..and then it seemed to get easier with stretching and i just kept going. i am so excited i mean it..i wanted to do it so bad and i decided to go for it...get back up and go some more...it feels great...i have a lot of weight to loose and today i done great with the diet on day 4 and still just as strong as the first day..praise God...thank you Jesus. I just wanted to share...now i am going to update my personal notes on here.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i have to share i did a whole 14 min 30 seconds of low impact aerobics today...this is fantastic for me when i have been doing 7 and 7 and a half minutes.i don't know how i done i took a break in between twice..and then it seemed to get easier with stretching and i just kept going. i am so excited i mean it..i wanted to do it so bad and i decided to go for it...get back up and go some more...it feels great...i have a lot of weight to loose and today i done great with the diet on day 4 and still just as strong as the first day..praise God...thank you Jesus. I just wanted to share...now i am going to update my personal notes on here.

If I can lose weight, anyone can do it. Great job. Slow and steady wins the race. It is the little things in life that make us feel good.

All cliches, but all true. go for it. Enjoy the ride.
  • dbnz24
    dbnz24 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love this thread, it really gave me a lift :). We spent all day today painting the outside of our house and doing yard work. My husband went upstairs to relax in bed and watch tv. Boy did I want to join him but instead I started level 2 of the 30 day shred workout. DVD. NOW I'm going upstairs to relax in bed & watch tv!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!