What was your small success today?

Options

Replies

• TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    incidentally; bread is also my victory of the day; took the bun off my chicken sandwich, patted myself on the back.
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    I almost caved in to a McDonald's Mocha Frappe, I wanted one so bad!!!! (medium is 560 cals) instead I got a medium Sweet Tea...only 180 calories. So I'm enjoying a wee bit of a sweet treat without falling out of my calorie limits!!!

Great Job! I would have caved....mocha frappe's are my FAVORITE!

My small success was doing a bit of workout even though I absolutely hated every second of it :grumble:
  • djg0418
    djg0418 Posts: 35
    Options
    Went to grocery store and bought loads of veggies to make a giant salad to last the entire week. Romaine lettuce, some spring mix, carrots, cucumbers, green peppers, cherry tomatoes. Yum yum. Also picked up some black raspberries, granny smiths, and bananas. A very successful trip!

I love ALL those things. I make a huge salad every Sunday to eat for lunch throughout the week. Planning ahead is a major part of the success....
  • djg0418
    djg0418 Posts: 35
    Options
    I went for a walk with my kids instead of sitting on the couch and watching cartoon's with them. And day two of giving up Alcoholic beverages, and cigarettes!!!! :):flowerforyou:

Major life changes....good for you! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • fayglet
    fayglet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Visited my local farmer's market, stocked up on tons of fresh veggies and healthy legumes, then had to carry it around for many hours... I therefore both bought healthy AND weight lifted the whole afternoon haha!
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    well, today I skipped the glazed apple fritter that I wanted sooo bad and went for a banana instead!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    a co-worker offered me a glorious looking lemonaide cupcake today and I said no. Yay!
  • ohnedich00
    ohnedich00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My little success of the day is doing 25 minutes of cardio. I've been struggling with week 2 of couch to 5K, but I'm getting better :)
  • pattimelt1969
    Options
    Working out 3 days in a row!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles today NONSTOP - My time: 26:06!! I am so happy and my MFP friends were so very supportive of me! :)
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    Went to McDonalds cause i didnt have to to cook the BigMac was calling my name but i got a salad
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I already posted this as my status, but I'll be happy to mention it again. For the first time I was able to do all 200 reps in the TH-200 ab program. It was a struggle and my abs are sore, but I made it!
  • momma2Lulu
    momma2Lulu Posts: 74
    Options
    found a workout buddy :) we motivated each other this morning for a walk about 2 hrs long and covering 6 miles :) i won't be able to join her again this week (due to prior commitments on my part) but making plans to make this a habit and adding in the gym to the plan :) for me that will mean a morning walk once a week (at least) and the gym once a week (at least) which is just crazy to me, i never imagined i would want to do either of those things :) i also did a 10 minute video for yoga basics being super sore thought the stretch would help :) and am now planning a walk with my hubby after dinner :) i feel sort of like super woman today :) lol

although i think the best part was making lunch after the walk i shared blueberries with my baby girl :heart: we both gobbled those up :) we've been struggling with meal time.. she wants to feed herself but doesn't want what is offered (no clue what she wants, she doesn't talk much just "mom", "dada", ect) but she's seeing me eat these items and now wants them... unexpected perk to eating healthier :) i've gotten to share banana's, strawberries, and blueberries now :)
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ... walking past McDonald's in the food court and not ordering - went and got something healthier
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Passed up the free cookies at work :)
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2 of P90X and am still alive and kickin! And I lost one lb in the last week.
  • joyce1129
    joyce1129 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Making it to the gym 3 times this week, AND planning on going Friday.
  • dawnberndtson
    Options
    I mowed our front lawn and went for a walk today. Totally felt the burn in my calves when I was walking but it also felt so good! :bigsmile:
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Weighed in 3 pounds up this month : ( but instead of getting depressed I used it to motivate me to kick it in gear and by truly honest about the type of food that I am putting in my body!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I actually took a Pilates class. First time doing any physical activity of any sort other than normal walking around since February. And I did not die! My legs were literally shaking at one point but I did not move out of the pose/exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!