There's no way I could ever eat 130g of protein

Options
123457»

Replies

• karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just added 1 tablespoon of brewer's yeast flakes to my fruit and greek yogurt. That single tablespoon had 8 grams of protein. I also add it into other things. I think some people substitute it for parmesan cheese on their pasta and also sprinkle it on popcorn or add it to a shake.

I have never tried that - what does it taste like?

I think they meant nutritional yeast, not brewer's yeast. It tastes good mixed in with other things - a bit cheesy tasting.

What I use is actually Brewer's Yeast Flakes from Lewis Labs. http://www.lewis-labs.com/products/brewersyeast.htm#flakes I may have confused it with the nutritional yeast for the cheese like flavor, but I eat it mixed in with yogurt, etc. It still has the 8 grams of protein in a single tablespoon. :happy: I have no idea of the amount of protein in nutritional yeast.
  • LeeMStephens
    Options
    It's gonna be hard, being a vegetarian. I can easily do 200 plus grams a day by adding lean tuna, chicken, yogurt, protein powders, etc. But cutting out the meat leaves you in a real pickle. I wish you luck.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be hard, being a vegetarian. I can easily do 200 plus grams a day by adding lean tuna, chicken, yogurt, protein powders, etc. But cutting out the meat leaves you in a real pickle. I wish you luck.
    This thread was dead for 2 months.

Are you a necrophiliac?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This thread was dead for 2 months.

Are you a necrophiliac?

ThreadNecromancy.jpg