do you log your cheat days/meals?

Options

Replies

• lbrsmom
    lbrsmom Posts: 18
    Options
    I log my off days. Shows me that I am still human and still can get off track. I log beer and alcohol as well.
    I have no reason not to log anything.

Logging will continue forever!
  • willjean
    willjean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I log everything everyday. A good record of what I ate helps to refrain from doing it again... especially when I see how my cheating really wasted the effort I spent exercising.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yep same here, we eat out on Friday's since I refuse to cook on this day, and I want to enjoy it. Logging it wouldn't "teach me a lesson", it would just make me feel guilty and take the enjoyment out of my free day.

We stopped going to Ruby Tuesdays a few years ago when they added calories to the menu for this exact reason. It took all the enjoyment out of what was supposed to be a treat, because we rarely went out to eat. Instead of ordering what we wanted, we'd order something "healthy," then not feel satisfied and end up eating ice cream later. :laugh:
  • Drawberry
    Drawberry Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything I eat, save for last night when I didn't get home until 3am and was too damn tired to bother /snicker/ but since I don't consider anything a 'cheat', I have no issues admitting what I've consumed.

Cheating to me implies that by giving into a craving, or eating something that isn't %100 super duper amazing for you, that this is wrong and should be punished or we should be ashamed about. For me I work with what I crave;If I want it, I have it...in moderation.

If I really want a can of soda, I have one and make sure to make right decisions for the day and get my exercises in. That isn't 'cheating' to me, that's being realistic to my lifestyle and not depriving myself of things I enjoy.
  • jojule
    jojule Posts: 10
    Options
    I went to a Cinco de Mayo party on Sat. I had already posted that you should record everything,that you only cheat yourself...I dont think there is anything wrong with indulging once in a while but if you dont record it,you still ate it,it doesnt really change anything just because you didnt write it. Anyway,I tried to remember what I ate and to the best of my knowledge recorded it. I made some choices that I may have not made last year...like 1 dessert instead of 3,etc....and though I was over my limit,it wasnt that bad.I stepped on the scale the next day,and it was fine. So,eat if you need to,dont sweat it,dont kid yourself and then get back on track.
  • FierceV_Phat
    FierceV_Phat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I log everything......I got to keep it real......Being true to myself is part of over coming this struggle!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    yep, check out my food on saturday! its better to log it cause then you know how bad you did and dont ever want to do it again!
  • stefaiman
    Options
    I log on weekends/cheat days, if I have time...bad or not...its a lil harder tho...no fancy phone app so...if I'm out and about and dont' get home till 9pm...I don't waste sleep on it....

^^^^^^ Same here.....
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting on this path, but I must say I agree with you. I eat what I eat, good, bad or ugly, AND I log it. I've already lost several pounds without changing the kinds of foods I eat. It is all about portion control for me at this stage. If I binge, I plan to log that, too.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, no. It'd take all day to log that mess.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I haven't on the weekends which is a mistake. I've found that it's easy to pop things in your mouth without thinking about it when you aren't tracking what you eat. It accounts for why I'm not really losing what I should be. I'm consistent throughout the week but the weekends not so much. So starting this weekend I'm going to track everything.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do, because the only way to figure your TRUE TDEE is to average everything out. The calculators have always been off for me by at least 300 calories. So I average out my calories over a month or two, then compare that to my weight loss and I can figure exactly where I stand and what I need to do to change. The thing I don't log very much is exercise. I don't trust the numbers given to me by MFP or any other calculator to count my calories right. But the calories versus weight loss doesn't lie.
  • DrDrea411
    Options
    I log every single thing I eat, as accurately as i can, the good the bad and the ugly.

The good the bad and the ugly - I hear that!!! And boy could it get ugly some days !
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I log everything......I got to keep it real......Being true to myself is part of over coming this struggle!
    Well said!
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Its the days that I drink that scare me lol!!
  • Wwonderful
    Options
    My cheat days are on Monday, check out my diary, for my cheat days, it will blow your mind!
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat as much as I can. I need to be accountable and I need to see how bad things are in black and white so I can learn to make better choices in the future. The entire thing is a learning process and even mini set backs are something to learn from, not only the sucesses.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I log pretty much everything.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I log all of it.. Good clean eating day, Bad snacks when Im out on the road working and even those I need comfort food stuff..
    Yep no reason not to log it, you know you ate it.. It keeps me accoutable.. So if I get to where Im stuck.. I can look back and go.. Oh yeah I ate that.. It also helps me to do better over all... I remember what the little cheats do to me when I do cheat.