cheating and in-love, mutually exclusive or no?

Options
12346»

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have been cheated on, and I have been the cheater. there is so many aspects to the relationship that i could never explain here to make anyone understand. long story short i felt like something was up, turned to someone else, and drinking was involved. i didnt intentionally set out to cheat. well listen to your heart people the feeling that something was up, turned out to be he was cheating on me too. maybe I was young, maybe i just wanted an out of the relationship, maybe I didnt know what love was. I dont really know. all i know now is that I would never do it again. no matter the temptation, I hope I wouldnt put myself in any position to be unfaitful. I love my boyfriend with all my heart, and I would never want to hurt him like that nor do I feel the need to. young people in relationships are going to make many mistakes (usually) i think a person needs to be true to themself and know what they want in the relationship and have communication and honesty as well as talking about the relationship problems and work together to resolve them. cheating seems like a simple fix, a way to make themself feel better in some way.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this doesn't apply to everyone, but for me, I don't think I'd be able to do it unless I was already losing the emotional attachment to my partner. Otherwise, as soon as the situation came up, I'd be thinking about how much it would hurt her, and it's probably rather hard to maintain an erection with those thoughts on your mind. :tongue:

Personally, I think it's pretty despicable to go behind someone's back like that. If the relationship is at a point where I would do that, then I'd either work my *kitten* off to fix things, or end it and move on. I deliberately used "I" instead of "you" when typing that... not trying to be judgmental toward others who have made different choices (unless it was behind *my* back, in which case, you're a heartless *****! :laugh: ). I just cultivate very strong feelings on this subject, which helps me avoid temptation. I'd completely hate myself if I allowed it to happen.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I would rather die then cheat on my husband.

I would end it long before cheating.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Love is too complicated and fluid to draw black and white conclusions. And anyone who says you can't love more than one person is just lucky enough not to have been caught in the situation.

^^