Women Ages 50+ for the month of July

Options

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

As long as I logged my calories so far today thought I would say hello. Will be short, because a pair of sad little brown eyes, attached to a little black face are looking at me and saying "Mom, get that computer OFF of your lap, that is MYSPACE!!" (bet you thought it was only a website, right??:laugh: :laugh:)

:flowerforyou: Anyway, Becky, glad to see you back on the thread. Thought you had tied a knot in it and jumped off!!:laugh: Or maybe you wrapped yourself up and shipped yourself out of the mail room and off on a vacation??:bigsmile: That would save on air fare, but might not be a comfortable way to travel.:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Suzzeque, you make a good point about not expecting miraculous losses every week. Even with the power of prayer, that will not happen, nor is it a healthy way to lose. In my case, I just wanted a jumpstart to get the process going, since I had gone back to walking again.

:flowerforyou: Barbiecat, I agree, one size does NOT fit all when it comes to eating plans that work for each individual, and you are right, "Dogs ARE the most important people!"--just ask 'em, they will ALWAYS remind you if you forget!!:laugh: :laugh:

Well, I need to squeeze in a nap before I take my car to the shop for an oil change, or else I will fall asleep tonight when I go out to dinner. :yawn: I guess that is one way to keep from eating, but I have the feeling my dinner companion might become offended if I start snoring at the table!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Cheers to all,

Barb:flowerforyou:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies,
    I was posting my lunch and just had to share. I went to the mall this morning with my daughter. She had to get some new clothes for her new teaching job. We went to NY & Company. I do not shop there much cause the clothes used to not fit me well. I had bought a pair of pants there back in June before my trip and I bought a 14. They had some other colors like those and they were on sale 60% off so I figured I Would try some more. They had 2 colors in a 14 and another color I liked they did not have 14 but had 12. I decided what the heck I will see how they fit. Guess what the 12 fit. AT NY & Co. I got that pair and traded one of the 14's for a 12. I can wear them all winter here in the south and the 12 will fit me longer even if I keep losing. I just had to share that with my lady friends. I thought it would be a lot longer before I got in a 12. Hope you all are having a good Friday and have a great weekend.
    Vicki M
    PS My daughter is 32 and she is not fat just needs to lose a few pounds at the moment, but she also got a 12. felt bad for her to wear the same as her (fat) mom but felt great for me.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Guess what the 12 fit. AT NY & Co. I got that pair and traded one of the 14's for a 12. I can wear them all winter here in the south and the 12 will fit me longer even if I keep losing. I just had to share that with my lady friends. I thought it would be a lot longer before I got in a 12. Hope you all are having a good Friday and have a great weekend. Vicki M

Congratulations! I tried a 12 yesterday and looked "melted an poured" in them. It will be a few more weeks before I'll be where you are. WAY TO GO! Makes buying clothes alot more fun doesn't it!

Strength training is done; over half my water has been drank. The lawn is mowed, the laundry is done and the dog is bathed, so guess I'm ready for the weekend. Happy Friday y'all! :drinker:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Vicki, how fun! I'm not in 12's yet, but I'm trying my best to get there!
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies:flowerforyou: Just got back from an hour long, very, very brisk walk. I drank a bottle of water and had a hot shower.:smile: Boy do I feel wonderful. I really needed that walk:wink: It's Friday and of course the hubby wanted to go to Texas Road House.:noway: Don't get me wrong, I love me some Texas Road House ribs and all the trimmings. But I just knew the calories were going to jump up and bite me in the ....well I can't say butt, cause I ain't got one.:laugh: I think I did fairly well. I had half a slab of ribs instead of a whole one. I had a baked sweet potato with no butter or marshmallow and caramel sauce, and I had a side salad with light dressing. I didn't eat any appetizer or rolls with dinner and I drank a nice big glass of ice water with lemon.:drinker: Usually my husband would have ordered a blooming onion and we would have devoured that before the main course. But I put my foot down and told him NO STARTERS (appetizers):happy: Tomorrow going to the giant outdoor flea market (that aughta burn some calories) Congratulation Vicki,:drinker: I haven't seen a size 12 in 18 years. Welcome back Bonnie:smile::flowerforyou: Well ladies have a wonderful weekend.:happy: Stay safe and drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink :drinker: that water. Rosemary
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    How did it get so late so early? It has been a busy day. I taught a great dance at line dance this morning to Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive”, a favorite song of mine. After a quick lunch I got my hair cut, then took the dogs to the dog park. When I got home Jake was home from golf and we took a walk together. This evening I got on the exercise bike while watching the Mariners’ game on TV.

I had an interesting conversation with a woman at line dance about how she’d like to lose weight but as long as her husband doesn’t like vegetables and she has to cook what he likes she just eats what she cooks for him. It made me appreciate all of us who have made the decision to find ways to eat healthy no matter what our husbands want or don’t want to eat.

:flowerforyou: Rosemary, you did an awesome job at Texas Road House----restaurants, especially ones that specialize in meat, are such a challenge. Saying no to the blooming onion is a lot like saying no to birthday cake.

:flowerforyou: Bonnie, I’m glad you’re back and happy to hear that you’re back to your healthy active routine.

:flowerforyou: Vicki---that is so great about your size 12 pants. There is something about size 12 that seems soooo much smaller than 14. I am so happy for you. You have worked for this success.

The Mariners are getting clobbered :sad: :sad: :sad: so it’s time to wish everyone a happy, healthy weekend and head off to bed. :yawn: Bernie, the cat thinks we should all get up at 5:30 so I have to get to bed early.
    hugs:heart::love:
    Barbie
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Thanks to all of you for the great words of encouragement. I am trying to remember the last time I was in a 12 and the closest I come is after my last son was born and now he is 21. How awful. I weighed less after giving birth than I do now after losing 41 pounds. Well at least I am on the right road now.
    I love Texas Roadhouse. I would have eaten chicken and had one roll. I love my bread. We are going shopping today. Myself, daughter, granddaughter, and godchild. I may buy a few new undergarments. Mine are a little loose and kind of ratty. dont want to buy too many. Not sure how much more I will lose there. LIne dancing sounds like so much fun. I love dancing and my hubby wooed me when we were dating my dancing all the time and now I have to drag him onto the dance floor. I would have to work extra hard at line dancing cause I am very uncoordinated. I will be good with my food today and do a lot of shopping walking. Hubby and I will go to gym tonight when I get back. Have a good day ladies. Enjoy your Saturday with something besides food.
    Vicki M
    Where is the other Vicki. We have not heard from her in a while.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    News at last on my oldest brother, Ken. The tests say he is Stage 4a of Hodgkin's Lymphoma which means the cancer is in his bones, but not his liver yet. He gets the port to begin 3 rounds of chemo Monday. If that doesn't help, the only other medical alternative is a bone marrow transplant. Thankfully all his kids have the same blood type.
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Susan, I'll keep your brother in my prayers.
    Still not feeling well. Had tests for bacteria and parasites, but they were negative. Trying some other things including a course of antibiotics. Very discouraging not feeling well for so long. sad: Been working outside some just to get my gardens back in shape after so long away, but not able to exercise.

Just thought I'd whine a minute. Still logging and trying to keep up nutrition and water. Nothing to do but keep on keeping on.

Have a great Sat.,
    Diane
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have my youngest grandaughter today! She is a wide-eyed wonder! Four of the five that are still at home left for camp in Colorado today so we only have the youngest at home for a week. He is 9. He and I will do the paper route every morning so that should drop a couple of pounds this week.
    Susan, we will be praying for your brother. Have a great weekend.
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon:smile: just thought I'd stop by while I log in for this morning and have a bottle of water:happy: Weather here is very humid and hot:frown: My daughters are moving today. The oldest and her family are moving into a new (for them) modular home and my youngest is moving into the mobil home my oldest is moving out of. :tongue: Are you confused?:glasses: What a day to move furniture. It is hot as....:devil: But I think I am sweating off the calories I have eaten so far today.:laugh:
    Cheerios and fat free milk for breakfast and a nice Italian Blend salad with turkey breast and a fresh (minus the seeds) tomato.

:heart: Susan, so sorry about your brother I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

:flowerforyou: Diane, hope you are feeling better soon. I will pray for a speedy recovery. It's OK to
    whine..who better to whine to:laugh: that is one beautiful baby.

:heart: Hi Vicki. I know I probably should have eaten chicken, but at this point I'm starting to feel like I could cluck and lay an egg:laugh: :laugh: and those ribs were soooo good.:smile:

:flowerforyou: Barbie I wish I was a witch:laugh: I would blink myself to your line dancing class:smile: It sounds like so much fun. I am a disco music loving kinda woman:laugh: :laugh:

Everyone have a glorious Saturday. Remember to drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: that water...:heart::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Aw Barb...that is so funny, never consider that possibility. Actually, I only have one day of vacation left for this year.:sad: I used the rest of them up when I had the surgeries. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do with one day?
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Good evening---this has been a lovely day:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ----a beautiful walk on the trail in the morning, a visit to the dog park in the afternoon, some pleasant work in the garden---I have some vases of cut flowers in the house now:flowerforyou: , some time on the exercise bike, a visit with friends, and some relaxing in front of the TV.

:flowerforyou: Vicki----one of the best things about line dance is that you don’t need a partner. The classes I go to are mostly women, all ages, sizes, and shapes. One class is for absolute beginners so even if you don’t know dance steps, the pace is slow enough to participate. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I love bread, too, but I’ve given it up because I don’t know how to eat just a little. I stay away from bakeries and the baked good section of the grocery store because they are too tempting.

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ----I’m sorry that the news about your brother’s condition was not good. I’ll be thinking positive thoughts about the treatment he has coming up. I know that you’ll keep your positive attitude and not let anything divert you from your healthy path.

:flowerforyou: Diane, isn’t it great to have this thread to whine to for a minute? You are so right to keep on keeping on. I hope you feel better soon.

:flowerforyou: Doobiedo---enjoy your quieter than usual household. You’ve earned a break.

:flowerforyou: Rosemary---I’d love to dance with you. We could have a fabulous time together.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Becky----if I had only one day off, I’d want to be home alone just prowling around and doing whatever I found or doing nothing or listening to music as loud as I wanted.
    Hugs to all,:heart::heart:
    Barbie
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Thanks Barb, this is what I probably will do. And I will wait until after school begins to take the vacation day. I will still have my husband home, though. What I think would be a wonderful treat is to spend the day at the YMCA. Using the machines, sauna, whirlpool. Just being alone there.
  • 4everhealthy
    Options
    Hello just checking out threads this is my 4th time on here. MIA for awhile, but love to join in with you ladies here if you will have me. My name is Clarice I live in Southgate, Mi w my husband. I'm also on Sparkspeople and i've done good there. Looking for more motivations and help. I've managed on my own to lose 40 and on sparks 10. My goal is to lose 50 more seems like i get stuck. I'm doing what is to be done eat my veg. fruit. and drink water. do exercises ( some )..
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hello just checking out threads this is my 4th time on here. MIA for awhile, but love to join in with you ladies here if you will have me. My name is Clarice I live in Southgate, Mi w my husband. I'm also on Sparkspeople and i've done good there. Looking for more motivations and help. I've managed on my own to lose 40 and on sparks 10. My goal is to lose 50 more seems like i get stuck. I'm doing what is to be done eat my veg. fruit. and drink water. do exercises ( some )..
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi Clarice :bigsmile: Welcome back.
    This is a great thread to participate in every day. These women have added so much to my life and helped me subtract so much from my body :laugh:

Congratulations on the weight you've already lost and best wishes for continued healthy eating and exercising. We just got back from the dog park. The dogs ran and we walked briskly around the park for 40 minutes.

:bigsmile: Becky, a day at the YMCA sounds really good. You could find a great balance between exercise and rest . I can't wait to hear about it.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Time to get up and do something useful----like the huge pile of laundry.:laugh: :laugh:

hugs:heart:
    Barbie
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Hello Clarise:flowerforyou: Glad to have you here. I am also at a plateau. I stay on them for about a month and will then drop a couple of pounds. So frustrating.:explode:

Ok Barbie...I need to pick a day for this vacation. All the days that I would love to use are already being used by my supervisor. She has taken all the days right before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    FORCED myself to go walking both last night and again this morning. I worked out extra hard Friday and my glutes are still hollering at me every time I stand or sit. Hubby offered to split an entree with me at the Italian place today and has taken to calling me his "Hot Moma" and patting my rear as I pass by. Guess all these squats are finally paying off. Its been a looooooooooooong time since he's done anything like that. Imagine what he'll do when I reach my goal!

Hang in there girls. Together we can do this!
  • HeatherMMB
    HeatherMMB Posts: 95
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am new to the site and found this community! :happy:

The site and the support are great! Writing down what I have eaten - and how much I've moved has been pretty enlightening! :embarassed:

I have been loosing the battle of the bulge for about 25 years- now that I am standing in front of 60 I want to keep my health - so am using south beach as a life long eathing plan - works well for me - keeps my blood sugar level and pretty much eliminates cravings. Hardest work is making exercise a regular routine. I have 156 poinds to loose - literally need to be 1/2 my current size :noway:

Taking it one day at a time and understanding that support is out there if I just ask!!

I am 55, live in Ontario, Canada and love my life!!

Nice to meet you all! :happy:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome, HeatherMMB----you have found the best thread on MFP. These women have made a huge difference in my life. I've learned a lot from them and have felt them cheering me on every day. I hope we'll hear from you regularly and get to know you better. :bigsmile:

I agree with you about taking it one day at a time.
    I started out in January and by taking baby steps made changes to my eating, exercise, and attitude. I think that has contributed to my continued progress down the weight loss path. And don't forget to drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou: SuzyQ
    that is very cool about your husband's attitude. You are so fortunate that he is being such a support and a cheerleader for you. I know what you mean about "forcing" yourself to go walking. All my things to do in the house keeping calling to me and it's hard to change shoes and go out the door.

Maybe I should get away from the computer right now and go for a walk:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    hugs:heart:
    Barbie