Don't call me that!

Options
ScientistStudy
ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
Hey,

My boyfriend just called me Rach, and for some reason I really don't like being called only Rach.. the names Rachael!

Anyone else dislike having their named shortened, or even prefer their shortened name to their full name (feel like you're in trouble if you're called by your full name?)

What nicknames or pet names do you love or hate?

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    People only call me 'Patrick' when I'm in trouble.
    It's Paddy.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    My name is Anthony, and I hate to be called Tony, especially by someone who barely knows me. Not sure why it bothers me, but it does.
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I actually like my name shortened because like you said....lol I feel like I'm in trouble when someone says Jasmine (immediate replays of childhood) xD my mom almost always called me Jazz or Jazzie unless I was in deep s*** haha. :laugh:
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am a Rachael too (with the A... :-) ) I prefer being called Rach - but I HATE Rachie.
  • ScientistStudy
    Options
    I am a Rachael too (with the A... :-) ) I prefer being called Rach - but I HATE Rachie.

Oh god yes, Rachie! I feel like I'm a 5 year old or something.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    My name is Kandis. And I hate being called Kandi!!!!!!!!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yup. Dominique is often shortened to Dom or Dumb. Hate that! I like my FULL name. thank you very much. By the way, my daughter's name is Rachael! Love that name - means "quiet as a lamb"
  • ScientistStudy
    Options
    Yup. Dominique is often shortened to Dom or Dumb. Hate that! I like my FULL name. thank you very much. By the way, my daughter's name is Rachael! Love that name - means "quiet as a lamb"

I don't think anyone would like being called Dumb!
    Haha yes, I love that my name is related to the ewe, and my twin sister, Leigh, means meadow.. sheep in a meadow haha.
    Unintentional and funny to me.
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    My name is Janet, much much much prefer Jan :happy:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    My name is Stephen.

People always call me Stevie and Steve-o. I HATE IT. I am not five OR a *kitten*!
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I prefer Steph, especially from family and friends.
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My name is Christine...I love Chrissie but really hate when people call me Chris.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda.... not Mandy. Never, ever, ever Mandy.

That's just my preference. I had a boss once try to call me Mandy, and we got that sorted out in about the first 3 minutes of my employment. He'd do it just to rib me on occasion, but I'd never want that to be a nickname.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My wife calls me "Husband" I F'n hate that!
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica, I get called Jessie, Jess, and sometimes Jennifer. lol. I don't mind any of it but Jessie and Jess is what I got called as a kid so kinda feels weird sometimes to be called that as an adult.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My name is Kandie and people always assume it's short for Kandice and call me that.. I can't stand it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I love my shortened name...I encourage everyone to call me Q. :wink:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL I can tell where/when people know me from by what they call me.
    A whole lot of people don't know my real name even IRL. They just call me Hoss.
  • dmmont38
    dmmont38 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My name is Marie but I get called, Mary or Maria and for some reason being called Maria just irritates me to no end.
  • ScientistStudy
    Options
    Does anyone get weird reactions to their name?

My surname is Bowser so I've heard quite a lot of Mario Bros. jokes, and particularly since my partners parents have a dog called Mario, which his little brother found to be a hilarious coincidence.

On the other hand having the surname Bowser did get me a job at a game store (and my knowledge of gaming of course).