Options

Replies

• TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Shortened mine to Sass.
  • shelbysmom08
    Options
    I HATE it when people shorten my name I am STACY!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My name is Alisha and I HATE when people call me Ali.
    That was my neighbor growing up, not me.
    My family calls me ,Alish, Lish (yes, like leash), Lishie (not so much that I'm over the age of 10), Sunflower (my grandfather lol)
    I also hate hate hate HATE being called "Sweetie", I had an ex do it to me when he thought I was being ridiculous and he always sounded condescending.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My name is Alisha and I HATE when people call me Ali.
    That was my neighbor growing up, not me.
    My family calls me ,Alish, Lish (yes, like leash), Lishie (not so much that I'm over the age of 10), Sunflower (my grandfather lol)
    I also hate hate hate HATE being called "Sweetie", I had an ex do it to me when he thought I was being ridiculous and he always sounded condescending.

Aww my grandad used to call me Ladybug and my dad used to call me Licorice Legs (because I had skinny stick legs as a kid!)
  • andi_everywhere
    andi_everywhere Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of shortening people's names or using the common nicknames (i.e. Matthew, not Matt/ Robert, not Bob). Not sure why, just my personal preference. Obviously, I'll call someone whatever they want to be called but I might secretly hate it!

I'm Andrea and the only person in the world who was ever allowed to call me Andi was my grandfather :)
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    My full name is Katie. I HATE when people assume it's short for Katherine, Kathleen, Katelyn, etc. I have one friend who calls me Katelyn Renee, and ONLY she is allowed to! (btw - renee isn't my middle name either!!)

What bugs me more than anything though, is someone i don't know calling me by my name. Like, the clerk at the store I've handed my credit card to who feels like they can call me by my name now, like we're old friends! Drives me nuts! Even when I'm at a restaurant with someone, and they call the waitstaff by name because they're wearing a nametag... Drives me nuts! I don't even know why... I guess i just don't like to be referred to by name unless you KNOW me. Weird, huh?
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    ^ that's funny. My name is Katherine. I like just about every shortened version of that except Katie. Hate being called Katie.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I just got an invitation to a friend's graduation and she spelled my name with a Y on the envelope. Seriously! She was my Maid of Honor at my wedding and she can't spell my name?
  • TheReese1206
    TheReese1206 Posts: 238
    Options
    My name is Jessica not Jess or Jessi!!!!! It's always bothered me. People STILL do it though.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    My name is Paige so there's not much shortening there, but when people call me Paigey (or worse, Paigey Poo), I get beyond irritated. The only person who can say Paigey is my great aunt who practically raised me, and Paigey Poo is reserved for my dad.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I hate Susie. You have to be pretty freakin' special to me to call me Susie, and most people just don't qualify.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    My name is MaryLou and I HAAAATE being called Mary!!! I'm ok with ML though ;-) That's what my friends call me
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol My name is Jennifer but if you call me that I will think you mad at me. I introduce myself as Jen and that pretty much all I go by...

Never ever Jenny though the only one who can get away with this is my baby sister..........
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My name is Dawn, I hate being called Dawnie... so many people do and I don't get it.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    OMG yes
    i HATE when people call me "Mel"
    thats not my name...and i wont answer you if you call me that!
    or ill say "what did you just call me?"
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just got an invitation to a friend's graduation and she spelled my name with a Y on the envelope. Seriously! She was my Maid of Honor at my wedding and she can't spell my name?

My boyfriend had me under 'Racheal' in his phone for about a year haha and I still get it on birthday cards from even family!

My sister also gets Leah.. it's Leigh! Sometimes she gets Lee too, and the hospital she went to for years (heart murmer) always had her as a Mr no matter how many times my mam told them its Miss!

Fair to say I get called Leigh sometimes (acceptable, we are twins after all), even by my parents.. in which case I just ignore their request until they look at me properly and realise I'm not Leigh!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My parents hated the idea of people shortening our names so called their kids Mary, Keith & Jill.
    Difficult to shorten them you would think??
    Dad used to call us, in order, Daisy, Cloth-ears & Jillikins!!
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have a few nicknames, most of which I hate. My name is Melissa, the name I ALWAYS prefer. My parents still call me Sissy, for 37 years now...ugh! My brother calls me Sis, which I don't mind because it's him. A dear friend of mine started calling me Mel and I HATE it!! It rubbed off on my employees and I yelled at them. Only that one friend can call me Mel. My employees now call me Boss Lady. In high school, people called me Missy, but I don't allow this at all, from anyone anymore. It makes me feel juvenile. Creepy men randomly call me dear, sweet, hun or baby. It barely makes it out of thier mouths before I put them in thier place. You have to be over the age of 65ish and a genuine sweet old man/woman to call me dear or sweetie...lol
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My name is Jerneane, not only do people not know how to pronounce it at all when they see it written down but a lot shorten it to Jay when they find out and I just hate it not sure why but it erk's me. I much prefer Neane, or Neanie :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I love being called Cor or Cory Ida.
    Longer or shorter, doesn't matter. But I do like when someone plays with the name a bit. And I love nicknames