Don't call me that!

Options

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I like being called Nisa (pronounce Knee-sah) Or Nis for short is fine too (pronounce Neice)..
    Some of my family call me Niecy.. So either 3 is fine especially Nisa or Nis.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Kathy... IIIIICCCCCKKKK!

My full name is Katherine, but absolutely no one calls me that unless it is the bank or something. I get either Kate or Katie, which I am a-ok with! I've also had random (my boss, my sister-in-law, my brother's best friend) people call me Katelyn.

Anything is fine... just DO NOT CALL ME KATHY!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    My name is Candace, and I've been called "Candy" forever so I don't care about that one. The ones I don't like are "Can", "Cace (like 'case')", "Canda", "Cand", "C", and "Ace". I definitely prefer "Candace", but I accept "Candy" and even use it a lot myself now.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My name is Elizabeth, which I really like. People call me Liz, Lizzy, Beth, Eliza, Izzy... etc. I've given up on trying to stop them.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    My wife is fine with Patricia, Tricia, or Trish, but do not call her Pat or Patty.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I hate my name (Alyssa) and I've never had a nickname that caught on, so I prefer to be a pronoun lol
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'm probably "that" person who people hate b/c I shorten everyone's name and give them nicknames in like two seconds if I feel we have that or are going to develop a playful, friendly like relationship. I do ask people if they care about the nickname, and if they don't have a problem I use it.

my name is Artice<
    (pronounced kinda like Art+Is, soft t, haha), most people just call me Art. My mom hates just "Art" b/c she's like that's a boy's name, haha
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Jennifer makes me feel like my mom is yelling at me. I used to go by Jen and only certain people called me Jennie but now I go by Jennie. The problem with that is I get "Jeanie" " Janie" and all sorts of other names.

I will say though that I AM particular on how Jennie is spelled. It's IE not Y. The misspelling bugs me.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I hate being called Dori - my name is Dorianne
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My name is Maryann. One word, not two. Most people who are Mary Anns are really Mary's with Ann as a middle name. Not me. My first name is Maryann. My mother's first name is Mary. So, when people call me Mary I'm programmed not to respond because, clearly, they are talking to my mother. They get really annoyed when I ignore them. :laugh:
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My name is Samantha and I haate being called Sam :P. I think being called Sammy is even worse though, makes me feel like I'm 12 years old :/ haha
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My name is Melissa. People that have known me since school and my whole family call my Missy (cannot stand this name but I tolerate it) I have been called lissa, Mel, Miss M,(those are okay) and the one that really bothers me Martha. For some reason Melissa sounds like Martha when I answer the phone. LOL!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    See my username, it grew on me.
    Before losing weight my wife called me Bubba, hated that!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my name is Lisa , i hate being called Lee Lee ( my sister is the main one who calls me that)

my maiden name (legal name as i have been to lazy to change it is, Cornutt and yes there have been jokes and it doesn't help that there is a snack called cornuts ( that was my moms married name / not my dads name) it also caused an issue when i went to get my marriege lic

moms maiden name - Boyd
    dads name = Savell
    my maidem name Cornutt

the lady said hun you need to put your moms maiden name, yup I did, she said well then you have your dads name wrong.. nope i didn't ..hahaha
    that poor woman was confused

i tried explaining .. my mom got married b4 she had me (to my sisters dad) .. they divorced, she shacked up with my dad but didn't marry him and voila i am here :laugh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ....and you think I'm happy with Jerome? ha! it's Jerry, always been, always gonna be.....except I still get a lot of Jer and jerski, and smack those who use the variations (jer bear is not funny)....the only person who ever got away with Jerome was the director of our criminal justice program because he was 6'3 275 and was teaching our self defense class....when in his first class I corrected him on my name, he'd say alright I'm going to demonstrate a new move, come up here Jerome.....
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    My name is Holly, and Holl is horrible. The worst of all- Hollyollyolly! sneer* Also, my middle name is Anne, so people like to call me Hollyanna. ew.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    My name is Sandra and people called me Sandi as long as I can remember. My dad calls me Sandra still when he posts on my facebook hahaha! My husband calls me hot wife and I call him babe or mikey.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Most people call me by my last name shortened up. Murphy but most call me murph.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I hated my name so much that I had it legally changed to my nickname at 18. Everyone calls me Lori except my dad and my ex husband. They call me by my birth name Lorellei. When others hear it they want to use it and are corrected immediately.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    "Pap" or "papa" is annoying. i prefer "papaver" or "poppies"