please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options
sigh..where do i start..i was on da floor doing crunches and right in front of me are stairs to the second floor of the gym..this chick was running up and down the stair case as part of her routine..i claire..everytime she went back up the stairs i smelled funk!!. =( ..its like a lil cloud would be left behind after she went back up..i politely got up and moved..went to walk on the treadmill and dis dude was running..sigh..im jus gonna stop there..but for future references..people please take a shower or at least hit those hot spots..

Replies

• Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh OUT LOUD!!!!!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I so understand you! But you know what's worse?? Imagine a crowded strength training class... I came in a little late and got the only remaining spot, behind a girl with suuuuper tight yoga pants (and by super tight I mean, could see every mole on her *kitten* every time she moved and her slightly torn thong). Also she was all wet from a previous workout and smelled pretty awful as do a lot of us after workouts... Every time we bent down or did squats, not only did I have her *kitten* in my face, I had to smell the godawful smell... Since then, I do NOT like yoga pants..
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ehh...then I have to take a shower before and after the gym, much too lazy for that haha
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    lmao..thats awful..seems like ur experience was way worse than mines..lol..
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    shower BEFORE going to the gym? whu..?
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Please learn to spell "the".
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    She was probably smelly because of her workout, not because she was smelly before she came to the gym. Why waste water when you're going to get stanky right after and need another shower?
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No, there weren't any showers during cavemen times.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ehh...then I have to take a shower before and after the gym, much too lazy for that haha

what he said lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Shower before the gym????? really?
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she was just getting her sweat on. I would never take a shower before the gym... pointless! I think this lady prob just needed a shower in general.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I stink right now, because I rock climbed for 3 hours today, and I am OK with it.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

Same. I shower every day so I'm as clean as the shower from the day before has kept me and I wear deodorant and clean clothes, so it's not like I'm showing up after a week of stink.

Plus, y'know, people give off a funk when they sweat. If gyms didn't have A/C it would smell like that no matter what.
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    i hate to tell you this but it's the gym - don't you go there to get a good enough work out to sweat a ton (which equals stench)? that's why i go *shrugs* i always find it funny when people in spin class complain about the smell the previous class left behind when guess what - as soon as our class is over it will smell just as bad.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Maybe she did shower before coming to the gym. If you're working out, at some point you're more than likely going to sweat. In her case, the sweat lead to a bad odor. I don't know of anyone who smells of roses after an intense workout lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    screw that, i'm not showering before i go to the gym. if you want to smell daisies and roses then workout out at home near your plug in :laugh:
  • mimyb
    mimyb Posts: 7
    Options
    Think people just need to discover deoderants...I pack that **** on! and wash their clothes properly...leaving sweaty gym clothes in the wash basket too long leaves some funk in the fabric that even washing don't fix unless it's that dri fit stuff (it's ALL I wear!!). And ladies...like if u are funky down there?!! like fem fresh it or something! lol but showering before the gym? naw im not gonna do that either...
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Well how can you take a shower before going to gym if you're just going to sweat it all out later? Common sense please
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think I missed something. People go to the gym, they work out, they get sweaty and sweat doesn't exactly smell nice...
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..
This discussion has been closed.