please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options

Replies

• Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I was raised to conserve water. There are too many people in the world who go without it for me to waste it by taking a shower only to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities. I don't run the water when I brush my teeth and I am certainly not going to shower 3 times a day because I sweat at the ****ing gym.

Let's not be silly, here.

good for u..u want a cookie!!..

What kind?

oatmeal :laugh:

Are there raisins?

I don't like raisins in cookies (only like them in cereal), but now I want an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Dang it! :grumble: Must drink some more water & go to bed. :smile:
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lol...Keepin it 100, some people need to tighten up just going out in public too.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I was raised to conserve water. There are too many people in the world who go without it for me to waste it by taking a shower only to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities. I don't run the water when I brush my teeth and I am certainly not going to shower 3 times a day because I sweat at the ****ing gym.

Let's not be silly, here.

good for u..u want a cookie!!..

What kind?

oatmeal :laugh:

Are there raisins?

I don't like raisins in cookies (only like them in cereal), but now I want an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Dang it! :grumble: Must drink some more water & go to bed. :smile:

What kind of person doesn't like raisins in cookies? Only a funkster. Raisins are nature's candy, FFS! Cookies mixed with candy!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I so understand you! But you know what's worse?? Imagine a crowded strength training class... I came in a little late and got the only remaining spot, behind a girl with suuuuper tight yoga pants (and by super tight I mean, could see every mole on her *kitten* every time she moved and her slightly torn thong). Also she was all wet from a previous workout and smelled pretty awful as do a lot of us after workouts... Every time we bent down or did squats, not only did I have her *kitten* in my face, I had to smell the godawful smell... Since then, I do NOT like yoga pants..

oh lordy thats nasty
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    shower BEFORE going to the gym? whu..?

I always shower before going to the gym as I am afraid I will smell. If you are clean no matter how sweaty you get you will not stink. And I like to get sweaty when I work out. Otherwise what is the point. I also dont wear makeup when working out either. Also if you shower right after your work out you cut down your burn. I wait until I am cooled off before a shower. Unless I am going right to work.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Also, please remember to wear underwear underneath your baggy shorts when you're on the rowing machine... -_-
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Last week, I unkowingly stepped in dog crap before I went into the gym. We were all sniffing around, trying to figure out where the crap smell was coming from. After an hour, I sat down and got a big whiff. It was on my shoe. I wish people would clean up after their pets better.

lmao..
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    haha gyms are FOR sweating at
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I swear I would like to vote this the funniest Thead of 2012 at the MFP Thredie Awards
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

Well excuse me lady but I DON'T SMELL LIKE HELL EVEN IF I'M SWEATING OUT! Stop making assumptions that everyone who are sweating their butts out would have that body odor!!! We're sweating out because we are working out HARD in the gym & those who are still smelling like roses are probably those silly ones who are busy chatting with their friends or reading magazines while wasting their time away on the treadmill or elliptical.
    [/quote

this sounds like a my farts dont stink story..lol
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    my gym stinks and I stink with it. I shower when I'm funky but my desk job does not generate a sweaty environment in the crotchal region.

ROFLMAO @ ^^^^^^

lmao..id rather hope not if ur jus sitting at a desk
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Also, please remember to wear underwear underneath your baggy shorts when you're on the rowing machine... -_-

i am literally lmao...i can only imagine the scenary..:laugh:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I so understand you! But you know what's worse?? Imagine a crowded strength training class... I came in a little late and got the only remaining spot, behind a girl with suuuuper tight yoga pants (and by super tight I mean, could see every mole on her *kitten* every time she moved and her slightly torn thong). Also she was all wet from a previous workout and smelled pretty awful as do a lot of us after workouts... Every time we bent down or did squats, not only did I have her *kitten* in my face, I had to smell the godawful smell... Since then, I do NOT like yoga pants..

LMAO. haha. OMG. I had to semi giggle.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options

i am literally lmao...i can only imagine the scenary..:laugh:

I was extremely disturbed...and I don't think I'll ever recover :P Oh goodness, why do all the 90+ people go to my gym?
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Lol...Keepin it 100, some people need to tighten up just going out in public too.

Lol!!..i totally agree..the gym is not the only place
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Are there raisins?

What kind of person doesn't like raisins in cookies? Only a funkster. Raisins are nature's candy, FFS! Cookies mixed with candy!

Funkster because I don't like raisins in cookies? Hmmm, if raisins in cookies keep away the funk then perhaps we've found our solution. Skip the shower before the gym & eat more oatmeal raisin cookies. Sounds legit. Worth a try at least. :smile:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I'll admits it..i gots da funk after i work out
  • bitesizeMelly
    bitesizeMelly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last week, I unkowingly stepped in dog crap before I went into the gym. We were all sniffing around, trying to figure out where the crap smell was coming from. After an hour, I sat down and got a big whiff. It was on my shoe. I wish people would clean up after their pets better.

OMG HA
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    sorry sum 1 at da gym stnk.

aint dat da truf...
    lol..lol...
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't shower before the gym but I do know what she is talking about.

Lets try this description:

There are some people, and I'm sure you have all seen at least one person like this, who WEAR THE SAME CLOTHES to the gym two or more days in a row.

THAT is the kind of funk that gets me. I have seen people walk into the gym, pull wrinkled, sweat-laden, potentially moldy clothes from a gym bag, put them on, go workout, and come back to toss the clothes back in the bag. Perhaps they will wash them this time, then again, maybe not.

I've seen people workout and not even change clothes before going to work. They just spritz themselves with a couple shots of Febreeze and think they're good to go!

I've seen workout buddies get their exercise, take turns fumigating each other with a can of Arid Xtra dry and hop in their car and take off to go pick up their girlfriends.

Look. These people are out there, and they're scary!
This discussion has been closed.