please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options

Replies

• beautifulblac84
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

Well excuse me lady but I DON'T SMELL LIKE HELL EVEN IF I'M SWEATING OUT! Stop making assumptions that everyone who are sweating their butts out would have that body odor!!! We're sweating out because we are working out HARD in the gym & those who are still smelling like roses are probably those silly ones who are busy chatting with their friends or reading magazines while wasting their time away on the treadmill or elliptical.
    they say the ones that get mad are usually guilty..lmao..so if the shoe fits WEAR IT!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

^^^ I hear you. There is a difference between normal sweaty workout stink and the stink of someone with poor hygiene!!! I knew a girl in college who only showered once a week (whether she needed it or not) and she only washed her gym clothes once a week. Not cool. She was foul. All the people getting all sensitive and thinking she's bashing YOU personally because you are sweating at the gym need to calm down. She's talkng about stinky people with poor hygiene - the kind of person who came into the gym stinky to begin with!!! :sick:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I am LMAO! Y'all are going IN on the OP! Hahahahahahaha! From the grammar to the weirdness of this post, it's all just funny as heck. :laugh:

I completely agree. The grammar and spelling is what killed it and made it more funnier, "da funk", haha.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Ok, I don't shower before the gym but I do know what she is talking about.

Lets try this description:

There are some people, and I'm sure you have all seen at least one person like this, who WEAR THE SAME CLOTHES to the gym two or more days in a row.

THAT is the kind of funk that gets me. I have seen people walk into the gym, pull wrinkled, sweat-laden, potentially moldy clothes from a gym bag, put them on, go workout, and come back to toss the clothes back in the bag. Perhaps they will wash them this time, then again, maybe not.

I've seen people workout and not even change clothes before going to work. They just spritz themselves with a couple shots of Febreeze and think they're good to go!

I've seen workout buddies get their exercise, take turns fumigating each other with a can of Arid Xtra dry and hop in their car and take off to go pick up their girlfriends.

Look. These people are out there, and they're scary!

LOL!!!..amen amen AMEN!!!..very scary!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Panties are boxers? Why did no one tell me this before! I thought they were different. :angry:
    [/quote]
    lol:laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Are there raisins?

I don't like raisins in cookies (only like them in cereal), but now I want an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Dang it! :grumble: Must drink some more water & go to bed. :smile:

What kind of person doesn't like raisins in cookies? Only a funkster. Raisins are nature's candy, FFS! Cookies mixed with candy!

Funkster because I don't like raisins in cookies? Hmmm, if raisins in cookies keep away the funk then perhaps we've found our solution. Skip the shower before the gym & eat more oatmeal raisin cookies. Sounds legit. Worth a try at least. :smile:

Now let's tackle world peace. We can do it!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough, I just got an ad for Febreeze on here.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

^^^ I hear you. There is a difference between normal sweaty workout stink and the stink of someone with poor hygiene!!! I knew a girl in college who only showered once a week (whether she needed it or not) and she only washed her gym clothes once a week. Not cool. She was foul. All the people getting all sensitive and thinking she's bashing YOU personally because you are sweating at the gym need to calm down. She's talkng about stinky people with poor hygiene - the kind of person who came into the gym stinky to begin with!!! :sick:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!..:flowerforyou: i see there are a few people with sense here..u hit the nail on the head!!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Funkster because I don't like raisins in cookies? Hmmm, if raisins in cookies keep away the funk then perhaps we've found our solution. Skip the shower before the gym & eat more oatmeal raisin cookies. Sounds legit. Worth a try at least. :smile:
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely! Leave it to an MFP thread to take us from Funk--> Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ---> World Peace! Love it!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Funnily enough, I just got an ad for Febreeze on here.
    lmao..
  • babygurl48
    Options
    I am LMAO! Y'all are going IN on the OP! Hahahahahahaha! From the grammar to the weirdness of this post, it's all just funny as heck. :laugh:
    I quite agree!!! :laugh: Can't stop laughing! :laugh:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Gyms are a place to get sweaty! I sweat buckets every time I work out... Maybe I smell too... I don't know! Honestly I had a bigger problem with the *kitten*-in-a-torn-thong being sooooo visible and in my face than the smell. Oh and I see her every other day in the same clothes! I never stand behind her any more!!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

[/quote]

Absolutely! Leave it to an MFP thread to take us from Funk--> Oatmeal Raisin Cookies ---> World Peace! Love it!
    [/quote]
    lol..nice transition
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Even though I don't normally require clinical strength deo, I do prefer to wear it everytime i know that I'm going to get sweaty. Just to be safe ya know? I guess some people can't smell themselves and if they can they don't care. I work with the public and in the same area as my gym and you never know when one of my customers will recognize me from the gym and I would hate for them to be like "yeah that's the stank *kitten* chick from the gym".
  • babygurl48
    Options
    Last week, I unkowingly stepped in dog crap before I went into the gym. We were all sniffing around, trying to figure out where the crap smell was coming from. After an hour, I sat down and got a big whiff. It was on my shoe. I wish people would clean up after their pets better.
    Ewwwwwwwwww:sick:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Gyms are a place to get sweaty! I sweat buckets every time I work out... Maybe I smell too... I don't know! Honestly I had a bigger problem with the *kitten*-in-a-torn-thong being sooooo visible and in my face than the smell. Oh and I see her every other day in the same clothes! I never stand behind her any more!!

lmao..lmao..well im glad u found somewhere else to stand..dont need her mooning u again with the ragedy thong :laugh:
  • babygurl48
    Options
    I was raised to conserve water. There are too many people in the world who go without it for me to waste it by taking a shower only to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities. I don't run the water when I brush my teeth and I am certainly not going to shower 3 times a day because I sweat at the ****ing gym.

Let's not be silly, here.

good for u..u want a cookie!!..

What kind?

oatmeal :laugh:

Are there raisins?
    LMAO
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Even though I don't normally require clinical strength deo, I do prefer to wear it everytime i know that I'm going to get sweaty. Just to be safe ya know? I guess some people can't smell themselves and if they can they don't care. I work with the public and in the same area as my gym and you never know when one of my customers will recognize me from the gym and I would hate for them to be like "yeah that's the stank *kitten* chick from the gym".
    lol..yeah that would be embarrasing :ohwell:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I would never shower before going to the gym. Heck, most of the time I don't brush my teeth (but then, I mostly run outside or work out in the weight room in my apartment complex. If I was going to a real gym I probably would brush my teeth.)

Some people get smelly when they work out. Just how it is. Sure, you can put on some deodorant beforehand, but you can only do so much sometimes.
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options

Just because you don't smell your own funk doesn't mean that other people don't smell it. That girl very well could have thought she didn't stink bc you can't always smell what you smell like.
    So, with that being the case, you could be as funky as the next person and people are thinking the same thing about you! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.