please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I swear I would like to vote this the funniest Thead of 2012 at the MFP Thredie Awards
    It's got my vote!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Also, please remember to wear underwear underneath your baggy shorts when you're on the rowing machine... -_-

i am literally lmao...i can only imagine the scenary..:laugh:

I was extremely disturbed...and I don't think I'll ever recover :P Oh goodness, why do all the 90+ people go to my gym?
    too funny!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

Normally I think people are too harsh in these threads but you seem to be..I don't even know. People smell bad at the gym. Heck, the gym even smells bad itself to me. :-P But that's a waste of water and time that a lot of people don't have.
  • marquezzy
    marquezzy Posts: 5
    Options
    We all sweat and have body odor but I know some people don't start off with fresh gym clothes. One dude I play basketball with sometimes wears the same gym clothes without washing them. That's when it gets unbearable.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    We all sweat and have body odor but I know some people don't start off with fresh gym clothes. One dude I play basketball with sometimes wears the same gym clothes without washing them. That's when it gets unbearable.

lol...and thats when da funk begins!!..
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I swear I would like to vote this the funniest Thead of 2012 at the MFP Thredie Awards
    It's got my vote!!! :laugh: :laugh:

You don't hang around here much, do you? :tongue:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't shower before the gym but I do know what she is talking about.

Lets try this description:

There are some people, and I'm sure you have all seen at least one person like this, who WEAR THE SAME CLOTHES to the gym two or more days in a row.

this is me. i admit it. :smokin: i got to the gym 2 sometimes 3 times a day (i work from home and the gym is a 3 blocks away from my house) and i have a limited amount of workout clothes. in my defense i wont wear something more than twice before washing it and it's always worn after being aerated.

there's only been 1 time someone has said something. my sweat smells like popcorn for some reason and once i walked past a group of girls and heard one of them comment "OMG someone's eating popcorn and i want some right now" :laugh: i wanted to say, "no that's just eau de moi" but i decided against it.

also i've worked out in some REALLY nasty weight rooms where each weight is 2 pounds heavier just from the funk. that's when i learned a good trick : chew gum while at the gym and rarely smell anything
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

Just because you don't smell your own funk doesn't mean that other people don't smell it. That girl very well could have thought she didn't stink bc you can't always smell what you smell like.
    So, with that being the case, you could be as funky as the next person and people are thinking the same thing about you! :laugh:
    im sorry to rain on ur parade my dear but YOU as in yourself can smell yourself before anyone else can..so dont come here with that lie!!..maybe ur just use to being funky and dont know what fresh smell like!! :noway:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    Ok, I don't shower before the gym but I do know what she is talking about.

Lets try this description:

There are some people, and I'm sure you have all seen at least one person like this, who WEAR THE SAME CLOTHES to the gym two or more days in a row.

this is me. i admit it. :smokin: i got to the gym 2 sometimes 3 times a day (i work from home and the gym is a 3 blocks away from my house) and i have a limited amount of workout clothes. in my defense i wont wear something more than twice before washing it and it's always worn after being aerated.

there's only been 1 time someone has said something. my sweat smells like popcorn for some reason and once i walked past a group of girls and heard one of them comment "OMG someone's eating popcorn and i want some right now" :laugh: i wanted to say, "no that's just eau de moi" but i decided against it.

also i've worked out in some REALLY nasty weight rooms where each weight is 2 pounds heavier just from the funk. that's when i learned a good trick : chew gum while at the gym and rarely smell anything

LMAO lmao.."eau de moi"..
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    oatmeal :laugh:

Are there raisins?

I don't like raisins in cookies (only like them in cereal), but now I want an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Dang it! :grumble: Must drink some more water & go to bed. :smile:

What kind of person doesn't like raisins in cookies? Only a funkster. Raisins are nature's candy, FFS! Cookies mixed with candy!

Oatmeal is not for cookies. Oatmeal is for breakfast. Raisins are not for cookies. Raisins are for throwing in the trash. Savages.

Also, I do not shower before I work out because I sweat buckets and am a super funky funkster which is why I work out at home. The only person I offend is myself.
  • Jorra
    Options
    im sorry to rain on ur parade my dear but YOU as in yourself can smell yourself before anyone else can..so dont come here with that lie!!..maybe ur just use to being funky and dont know what fresh smell like!! :noway:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_adaptation
    http://www.howitworksdaily.com/science/question-of-the-day-why-does-a-smell-seem-to-fade-after-you-get-used-to-it/
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

http://www.howitworksdaily.com/science/question-of-the-day-why-does-a-smell-seem-to-fade-after-you-get-used-to-it/

lol..last time i checked people will frown if u smell and even hold their nose.. if u have a mate/spouse im positive that the issue will be recognized..lets not forget that children never bite their tongue, therefore if something is smelly, they will say it..ooh ooh yeah and if you have good friends im pretty sure they will tell u as well..ive been living for 27 years and im pretty aquainted with what stinks and what dont..ur just trying to justify a personal problem ur having urself..lol..
  • Jorra
    Options

lol..last time i checked people will frown if u smell and even hold their nose.. if u have a mate/spouse im positive that the issue will be recognized..lets not forget that children never bite their tongue, therefore if something is smelly, they will say it..ooh ooh yeah and if you have good friends im pretty sure they will tell u as well..ive been living for 27 years and im pretty aquainted with what stinks and what dont..ur just trying to justify a personal problem ur having urself..lol..

When you're at the gym, are you really paying attention to anyone but yourself long enough to notice someone frowning at you? When I'm working out, I don't give a *kitten* about anyone else around me, I'm focusing on myself. My point was that neural adaptation leads to you losing the ability to actually smell yourself.

I'm not trying to justify any of my actions. You're assuming everyone who disagrees with you is "nasty" and that's just plain rude. You have never smelled me, and insulting my personal hygiene habits just because I think it's pointless to waste water showering before getting dirty again does not reflect well on you.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options

When you're at the gym, are you really paying attention to anyone but yourself long enough to notice someone frowning at you? When I'm working out, I don't give a *kitten* about anyone else around me, I'm focusing on myself. My point was that neural adaptation leads to you losing the ability to actually smell yourself.

I'm not trying to justify any of my actions. You're assuming everyone who disagrees with you is "nasty" and that's just plain rude. You have never smelled me, and insulting my personal hygiene habits just because I think it's pointless to waste water showering before getting dirty again does not reflect well on you.
    lol..are u getting mad?? really??..uv got some personal issues going on seriously!!..this topic was all fun and humor..ur taking it out of context and u ARE the only person still trying to plead ur case..so i will take my own advice and ignore you..=) have a nice day
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I so understand you! But you know what's worse?? Imagine a crowded strength training class... I came in a little late and got the only remaining spot, behind a girl with suuuuper tight yoga pants (and by super tight I mean, could see every mole on her *kitten* every time she moved and her slightly torn thong). Also she was all wet from a previous workout and smelled pretty awful as do a lot of us after workouts... Every time we bent down or did squats, not only did I have her *kitten* in my face, I had to smell the godawful smell... Since then, I do NOT like yoga pants..

ewww. I have trained with people who don't wash and their gi smells like *kitten* sweat. It's really gross when you get traingled by someone and their balls smell through their gi they are right under my nose as I am struggling for air.

Been there!! When you have to put up with that, gym smells are pretty innocuous.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    this topic was all fun and humor
    I beg to differ. It was, and continues to be, pretty lame.
    ur taking it out of context...
    She took nothing out of context. Rather, she addressed the topic you presented. She also articulated herself quite well, and used proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Doing so is much more convincing than an argument filled with poor grammar and/or spelling.
    ...u ARE the only person still trying to plead ur case
    Not true. I agree with her stance that some folks aren't aware of their bodily aroma, and you may be guilty of the same. It's very possible.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ewww. I have trained with people who don't wash and their gi smells like *kitten* sweat. It's really gross when you get traingled by someone and their balls smell through their gi they are right under my nose as I am struggling for air.
    I've smelled plenty of farts in my day, but I've never smelled anyone's gastrointestinal tract.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    She took nothing out of context. Rather, she addressed the topic you presented. She also articulated herself quite well, and used proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Doing so is much more convincing than an argument filled with poor grammar and/or spelling.
    Not true. I agree with her stance that some folks aren't aware of their bodily aroma, and you may be guilty of the same. It's very possible.
    and i guess ur her super hero!!..he came to save u girly!!..lol..and i can use WHATEVER type of grammar, spelling, language, etc I want to!!..didnt know i had to be legit on my own forum topic..lol..if u dont like what i write then dont read it!!..simple as that..lol..talk about insecure people..smh..sensitive sensitive sensitive ..:laugh:
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Lord woman!!

Just because people dont want to shower before a workout doesnt mean they are all dirty dirty creatures who eat out of the garbage.

We cant all be like you, and only smell of rainbows and unicorn farts.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    and i guess ur her super hero!!..he came to save u girly!!..lol..and i can use WHATEVER type of grammar, spelling, language, etc I want to!!..didnt know i had to be legit on my own forum topic..lol..if u dont like what i write then dont read it!!..simple as that..lol..talk about insecure people..smh..sensitive sensitive sensitive ..:laugh:
    its people like you that make my days a lil brighter cause u remind me that im not flat, boring, sensitive, and insecure..lol ..once again..u have a nice day as well..
This discussion has been closed.