please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    lol..i love people like you..always looking for someone to prove themselves..sorry that u have had to do that all ur miserable life..stay on mfp..u can find more people to nag on about their grammer and anything else ur lil heart desires..lol..ur on ur way to da top!!! great job!!!..
    My life miserable? Oh contraire, mon frere. It's super, and I do not feel the need to prove myself to anyone. That is what you meant by "always looking for someone to prove themselves" -- correct? I wasn't quite sure.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    She was probably smelly because of her workout, not because she was smelly before she came to the gym. Why waste water when you're going to get stanky right after and need another shower?
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you're supposed to stink after/during work out, that means you're working hard. :ohwell:

am i missing something? :huh:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    no i dont put deodorant everywhere..its called soap and water..lol..ladies and gents..if uv been wearing the same panties or boxers all day and then go in a gym to sweat..whatever smell that have accumulated down there will create an funky aroma thats NOT pleasant to others..lol...this ish is trippin me out..the world is full of funksters!!

okay. sure. and you can put my hot water bill. eughhhhhh
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    shower BEFORE going to the gym? whu..?

I always shower before going to the gym as I am afraid I will smell. If you are clean no matter how sweaty you get you will not stink. And I like to get sweaty when I work out. Otherwise what is the point. I also dont wear makeup when working out either. Also if you shower right after your work out you cut down your burn. I wait until I am cooled off before a shower. Unless I am going right to work.

How THE HELL does it cut down your burn?!?!?!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Last week, I unkowingly stepped in dog crap before I went into the gym. We were all sniffing around, trying to figure out where the crap smell was coming from. After an hour, I sat down and got a big whiff. It was on my shoe. I wish people would clean up after their pets better.

CHANGE YOUR GAWT DAM SHOES BEFORE YOU WORKOUT. It's actually a rule at the gym I go to. no street shoes.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

What kind of person doesn't like raisins in cookies? Only a funkster. Raisins are nature's candy, FFS! Cookies mixed with candy!

Oatmeal is not for cookies. Oatmeal is for breakfast. Raisins are not for cookies. Raisins are for throwing in the trash. Savages.

Seriously. Don't try to trick me into eating fruit with my dessert. Fruit is fruit, dessert should be awful for you. I don't like fruit pie, either. On principle.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!! The hot spots!! **Bam Bam Bam Bam** Put back on what you had on earlier!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

its people like you that make my days a lil brighter cause u remind me that im not flat, boring, sensitive, and insecure..lol ..once again..u have a nice day as well..

Interesting. I thought this whole topic was about being sensitive to smells.
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is why I dont like the gym, people dont just workout and mine their business...
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    If you aren't stinking at the end of your workout you are doing it wrong. I always put deodorant on before heading to the gym, but I have some major stank before I hit the showers.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ewww. I have trained with people who don't wash and their gi smells like *kitten* sweat. It's really gross when you get traingled by someone and their balls smell through their gi they are right under my nose as I am struggling for air.
    I've smelled plenty of farts in my day, but I've never smelled anyone's gastrointestinal tract.

I'm not totally sure if you're being serious and honestly don't know what he meant, or if you're just trying to be funny, so I'm going to assume the former, since I know a number of people who really don't know what a gi is.

"Gi" is the name for the uniform worn in martial arts. Some of the arts are very grappling heavy, which means you end up with your face buried in their uniform on multiple occasions.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    The gym is a place to get sweaty. We all get that. It is not, however, the place to test other people's ability to withstand every vile odor you have accumulated on your body from not showering for days on end and wearing clothes that haven't seen the inside of the washing machine for weeks.

I can handle a fellow sweaty gym-goer on the Spinning bike next to me. I can not handle someone with a distinct lack of hygiene and several days' worth of body odor forming a toxic cloud around their body...then hopping onto the treadmill right next to me and making me gag.

If your stink is not from today's workout, but rather from yesterday's, the day before, and the day before that, then for the love of god, yes, shower before coming to the gym. Or anywhere else.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy at the gym, but I don't stink. Neither do 95% of the other people that are working out there. But sometimes there are some super stinky people. Last night one of them got on the arc trainer next to me. He had just gotten there, so it's not like he was stinking from working out. Instead, it was the smell of old, unwashed gym clothes, a terrible sour smell. I had to cut my workout short and move to the treadmills because I couldn't take the smell. I totally get where the OP is coming from. I have had lots of men working out on the arc trainer or running next to me at the treadmill that don't stink, even when the sweat if pouring off from them.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I could handle the body odor since it's a gym and we all smell when we exercise, but the bad breath gets me every time. Like if you're going to nom on a piece of garlic before spin class, brush your teeth or stay in the back of the class.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    The gym is a place to get sweaty. We all get that. It is not, however, the place to test other people's ability to withstand every vile odor you have accumulated on your body from not showering for days on end and wearing clothes that haven't seen the inside of the washing machine for weeks.

I can handle a fellow sweaty gym-goer on the Spinning bike next to me. I can not handle someone with a distinct lack of hygiene and several days' worth of body odor forming a toxic cloud around their body...then hopping onto the treadmill right next to me and making me gag.

If your stink is not from today's workout, but rather from yesterday's, the day before, and the day before that, then for the love of god, yes, shower before coming to the gym. Or anywhere else.
    amen!! :smile: :happy: some people do come in there already smelling bad..that's the point I was tryin to get across but some people took the topic and ran with it..glad u understand where im coming from as well..thanx!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    I sweat like crazy at the gym, but I don't stink. Neither do 95% of the other people that are working out there. But sometimes there are some super stinky people. Last night one of them got on the arc trainer next to me. He had just gotten there, so it's not like he was stinking from working out. Instead, it was the smell of old, unwashed gym clothes, a terrible sour smell. I had to cut my workout short and move to the treadmills because I couldn't take the smell. I totally get where the OP is coming from. I have had lots of men working out on the arc trainer or running next to me at the treadmill that don't stink, even when the sweat if pouring off from them.

that's exactly what im talking about..coming in there already smelling bad..geesh..some of these people took this topic and made it out to be a monster..smh..talkin bout sensitive people..thanx for understanding..:smile:
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    ehh...then I have to take a shower before and after the gym, much too lazy for that haha

^this
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

that's exactly what im talking about..coming in there already smelling bad..geesh..some of these people took this topic and made it out to be a monster..smh..talkin bout sensitive people..thanx for understanding..:smile:

It wasn't made clear. I can totally understand the whole, you stink before you came in. I come in smelling fresh but if I smell my pits after the gym they aren't so minty fresh!
This discussion has been closed.