please take a shower before coming in da gym..ugghh!!

Options

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    ehh...then I have to take a shower before and after the gym, much too lazy for that haha

seriously though. I think some people just stink. even with showers. I don't stink and I don't necessarily shower before I go to the gym. It is called deodorant. I'm pretty sure we all got the talk in elementary school.

then again, if I'm working my butt off, getting really sweaty so that I can look hot as heck outside of the gym, who gives a flying f***
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I go there expecting to smell some pretty awful smells, that's what happens there. Don't like it don't go. I don't understand people complaining about the stink that goes on at the gym. Makes no sense to me. it's where it's suppose to be.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I think many missed the point. It's not the NORMAL sweat smell that is coming from these certain areas.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sweat takes a good few hours to become stinky. If you smell really bad in the gym its probably because your wearing the same gym clothes you wore on your last workout, and didnt wash them after.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The smell of VO is rank!
  • sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Options
    lol..i see there are some nasty people here..smh..i work out..sweat like hell..and dont smell anything but my degree deodorant..washing up before working out really keeps down the odor unless ur jus a funky person..

Agree. A wash up of the 'hot' spots prior to working out is an essential part of body hygiene. e.g. If someone works out in the morning but showered the night before going to bed then a wash up of the underarms and crotch area helps reduce the funk which is different than sweat smell. if someone works out after work a quick wash up b4 getting gym ready helps :)
  • sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Options
    Sweat takes a good few hours to become stinky. If you smell really bad in the gym its probably because your wearing the same gym clothes you wore on your last workout, and didnt wash them after.

ewww who does that?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    sigh..where do i start..i was on da floor doing crunches and right in front of me are stairs to the second floor of the gym..this chick was running up and down the stair case as part of her routine..i claire..everytime she went back up the stairs i smelled funk!!. =( ..its like a lil cloud would be left behind after she went back up..i politely got up and moved..went to walk on the treadmill and dis dude was running..sigh..im jus gonna stop there..but for future references..people please take a shower or at least hit those hot spots..

Okies. Next time I am at the gym, I will interrupt my workout so that I can wash my nether-regions so they will not hum....
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    there are the BO smelly ones then there are the ones who dose themselves in some strong perfume or cologne.... Equally painful... Learn to breath through your mouth lol.
  • HikeRunLift
    HikeRunLift Posts: 70
    Options
    I bet you 9 times out of 10, its not the person whos sweating that stinks, it's their gym clothes that need to be washed or replaced.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Showering before a workout is kind of counter-productive. I'll slap on my deodourant/anti-persperant but I'm not going to get myself fresh and clean right before I'm due to get hot and sweaty (unless it's with a hot guy :tongue: ) I also prefer showering at home and my dad doesn't like us using all the hot water - we also don't have very hot water between approx. lunch time and tea time (6pm-ish).

I get what you mean about people with no sense of personal hygiene - that's just nasty. There were a couple of people at my high school who were like that - you'd have to stop breathing for a good while after they passed you in the corridor until the stink trail had ended...
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Gyms just smell.. we all have stank *kitten* when we work out!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have no idea what your original post was about because I couldn't read any of it due to grammatical & spelling errors.

:noway:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    I think many missed the point. It's not the NORMAL sweat smell that is coming from these certain areas.
    lmao..exactly!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    No, there weren't any showers during cavemen times.
    True, but the cavemen are all dead now. Rarely did they make it past 25 y.o.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I bet you 9 times out of 10, its not the person whos sweating that stinks, it's their gym clothes that need to be washed or replaced.
    Agreed. Dirty, re-used clothes are typically to blame for any odors. Not many hobos using gyms.
  • Jill_175
    Jill_175 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Maybe those people didin't smell up to par b/c they have been working thier *kitten* off for a while?? U do tend to stink when u workout u know! I know i don't smell the best after even 15 minutes of working out! Plues most normal people don't shower till AFTER the gym.
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    there are the BO smelly ones then there are the ones who dose themselves in some strong perfume or cologne.... Equally painful... Learn to breath through your mouth lol.
    Lol..
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Just use pit sticks
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    HELL to the NO am I working out before and after! I have sensitive skin, and my skin can only handle one washing a day. Maybe that's why I work out at home. I wake up, and work out naked without worrying what everyone else is thinking. Damn straight! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.